• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your suggestions for Essentials

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
The point is that it doesn't use Ruby. The two RPG Makers are fundamentally incompatible here. You'd need to write all the scripts from scratch if you wanted something to put into RMMV, and that's way beyond the scope of Pokémon Essentials.

Maruno

Years
It doesn't work any better or worse than it has ever done. I don't support it, so it's unlikely to ever get fixed.

Delgalatchi

Developing Pokemon Generations!
Years
Is It Possible That Moving Versions Of The Gen 5 Sprites Will Sooner Or Later Be Added, Or Is There A Reason Why That Has Been Avoided?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
One feature I'd like to see in Essentials is the battle hints from Sun and Moon. If a move is super effective, the move's name becomes red instead of black. If it's not very effective, however, the text becomes blue. Maybe even have that feature togglable from the options menu.

Maruno

Years
Is It Possible That Moving Versions Of The Gen 5 Sprites Will Sooner Or Later Be Added, Or Is There A Reason Why That Has Been Avoided?
There's a reason, and that reason is that the Gen 5 sprites were made for the Gen 5 style battle scene. Essentials uses a Gen 4 style battle scene, which is incompatible with full-body back sprites. You can of course have animated Pokémon sprites in Essentials, but full-body back sprites would look weird, especially if they're the same size as the front sprites rather than double the size.

Years

You can get the Elite Battle system script if you want Gen 5's animated sprites. And they look way better than they would in a Gen 4 battle style IMO. Sadly (or not) Luka switched away from the classic Gen 5 UI though.

Last edited:
Years
You can get the Elite Battle system script if you want Gen 5's animated sprites. And they look way better than they would in a Gen 4 battle style IMO. Sadly (or not) Luka switched away from the classic Gen 5 UI though.

The classic Gen 5 UI is still in the code for the EBS. Just set the variable NEXTGENUI to false.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
One suggestion I have for Essentials is a fail safe with double battles. Normally, if a Double Battle tries to occur when you have only one available Pokemon, the game crashes. I'd like the game to check if you only have one Pokemon and allow you to send out only that one rather than sending out either a fainted Pokemon, an egg, or a Pokemon that doesn't exist.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
Have the screenshots export in .png, because .bmp can't be uploaded to PC or Imgur (the later turns the image a blank white when you upload from file).

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Is there a real necessity to have Win32API implemented into the engine?
Because if there isn't, dropping it could make MKXP compatible with Essentials, Android ports could be possible and at the same time, everyone would have a better performance when playing their games.

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Is there a real necessity to have Win32API implemented into the engine?
Because if there isn't, dropping it could make MKXP compatible with Essentials, Android ports could be possible and at the same time, everyone would have a better performance when playing their games.

yes we actually do need Win32API , if you look for "Win32API" in the scripts you will see a lot of scripts depend on this.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 15, 2022
I think a script to trade or battle online could be added. Having a server is of course up to the maker of the game but just a base script would be a good add I think. Would be good if the maker of the game only has to change the adress of the server in the script.

I think this is the last great improvement essentials should make since especially trading is "essential".

sonicfan7895

Just a dude, I guess
Years
I actually have a suggestion for Essentials;

The ability to work on a single project over an Internet connection would be the biggest convenience there is; for my team, having to wait for everyone to finish their side of the project and having to download the same folder repeatedly is cumbersome and annoying. One project and a way for a team to work on a project over the cloud would be a HUGE time-saver.

It may be a little too much to ask, but this is undoubtedly a suggestion that is worth taking into consideration.

Years
I actually have a suggestion for Essentials;

The ability to work on a single project over an Internet connection would be the biggest convenience there is; for my team, having to wait for everyone to finish their side of the project and having to download the same folder repeatedly is cumbersome and annoying. One project and a way for a team to work on a project over the cloud would be a HUGE time-saver.

It may be a little too much to ask, but this is undoubtedly a suggestion that is worth taking into consideration.

That isn't something I think Maruno could fix. That seems more like an RPG Maker thing, not an Essentials thing.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 20, 2017
A simple addition I think would be insanely helpful is for Essentials to add more information to the trainers.txt file when you generate trainers using trainer events with comments like "Type: CAMPER" so that they're automatically generated.

When starting the game, it'll ask you to define those trainers with the handy GUI and I use it a lot.
A big downside for me however is that battling this same trainer doesn't really feel like battling the same trainer - gender, ability, etc. are still determined by the Pokémon species because this information isn't saved to trainers.txt.

I'd love if it did that.
Especially since the system already checks to see which 4 moves this Pokémon species would have when encountered in the wild at a specific level, it'd be great if it also randomly chose a gender based off the species' gender ratio and nature.
This way automatically generated trainer events don't have a female Pidgey in one fight and a male Pidgey in the other.

Back