• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
A shiny hunter is one who hunts shinies. Shiny hunters shiny hunt, and shinies get hunted by shiny hunters. The shiny huntees are hunted by the shiny hunters, who hunt shiny shinies. A Shiny Hunter's Club is a club owned by a shiny hunter, who happens to be Landorus

lol tongue twister

SAY IT FAST. REALLY FAST.

No luck with Cobalion. Shiny Meganium is really growing on me, as well as Meganium itself. Is there any other places you can get Chicarita in HG/SS? I'm not looking forward to hatching 1201983479238468612 eggs to get it, though.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Thanks, G-Money, that's very kind of you. I don't consider myself a legend, lol.

Right now I'm trying to hatch a shiny Staryu. I've also been hatching Snivy and Litwick.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
I would like to be a part of this club. Although until my platinum has full Sinnoh dex, I use my friends Diamond to chain pokemon. Also for the next month I have a competitive tournament coming up, so I am working on my gen V team.

The only shinies I have right now are:
Ditto
Stunky

I would love to be a part of this, because I just got into to chaining. Almost had a Ponyta earlier, but the chain broke at 36 :/

I want to try other methods of obtaining Shinies. Such as Masuda.

and reading a few posts above motivated me to unwrap my white version and SR for Shiny Snivy. :) So off to the hunt I go

Last edited:
Years
Congratulations to Fufu for the Tepig! And I was sure you'd beat me to it.

Shiny Hoarders Club
*hides*

I can produce somewhat balanced shiny teams, although there's usually one or two non-shiny members I'll want to use.

I am now playing through Black hoping for random shinies. I'd especially like a shiny Roggenrola for my team. I also have Turtwig breeding set up on my Pearl game. I'd like to set up Chikorita breeding on HG, but it's a bit involved if I want to make everything legit and still have access to those awesome IVs I got on Emerald.

I also found something verry odd when SRing for good IVs on the Red Gyarados: Whenever I trick a Focus Sash onto it and it activates, it disappears forever! Is this a known bug? Tricksashing is the method I have planned for shiny Giratina whenever I get around to that.

So, I guess to recap my "current" hunts (where "current" means set up on some game and I at least do some hunting occasionally), I'm working on:

Kyogre on Sapphire
Turtwig on Pearl
Druddigon on White

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
lol tongue twister

SAY IT FAST. REALLY FAST.

No luck with Cobalion. Shiny Meganium is really growing on me, as well as Meganium itself. Is there any other places you can get Chicarita in HG/SS? I'm not looking forward to hatching 1201983479238468612 eggs to get it, though.

"lol" I tried reading it aloud and I couldn't do it! :pink_laugh:

The only way to get Chikorita is by either SRing at Birch's lab or by breeding, sorry. You can also get one in Emerald, but you need to complete the entire Hoenn Pokedex, and Emerald is a disaster on which to SR. Some people have done 20,000+ SRs for Chikorita in Emerald with no luck *coughMetalMariocoughcough,* so I don't think that would be a very good idea. If you can, definitely SR for it at the beginning of the game, unless you want egg moves or a certain nature.

Right now I'm trying to hatch a shiny Staryu. I've also been hatching Snivy and Litwick.

Good luck! Maybe we could have a race for Litwick? Even though it's my #3 hunt, it could give you a free win. ;)

I would like to be a part of this club. Although until my platinum has full Sinnoh dex, I use my friends Diamond to chain pokemon. Also for the next month I have a competitive tournament coming up, so I am working on my gen V team.

The only shinies I have right now are:
Ditto
Stunky

I would love to be a part of this, because I just got into to chaining. Almost had a Ponyta earlier, but the chain broke at 36 :/

I want to try other methods of obtaining Shinies. Such as Masuda.

and reading a few posts above motivated me to unwrap my white version and SR for Shiny Snivy. :) So off to the hunt I go

Welcome to the club! Congrats on shiny Ditto - I love it! What's better than a blue glob of goo?

Good luck on your Snivy quest! And it would be pretty cool if you EVed Stunky and brought it to level 100 for the tournament; imagine the look on the faces of your opponents when they see a shiny Skuntank bring them down! :cer_laugh:

I can produce somewhat balanced shiny teams, although there's usually one or two non-shiny members I'll want to use.

With, what, 54 shinies, I'm sure you have at least some useable OUs. :D You could probably make several awesome shiny teams, "lol."

I also found something verry odd when SRing for good IVs on the Red Gyarados: Whenever I trick a Focus Sash onto it and it activates, it disappears forever! Is this a known bug? Tricksashing is the method I have planned for shiny Giratina whenever I get around to that.

It disappears? :O Does it disappear in the middle of battle, or does its overworld sprite leave? That's strange!

EDIT: Wait, were you talking about the Focus Sash or the Gyarados? When you use Trick, you lose your item permanently, unless it's a Wifi battle, a wireless battle, or the Battle Frontier. That's what makes it a sacrifice, but it's worth it for shinies. If your False Swiper is strong enough, though, I'd go with that instead.

Dark Steelix Lv X said:
WOOOT LOL Finally!! HEATRAN IS MINE!!!! lol here's what happened.
I was just posting a new message on the boards here and I looked at the coming Heatran...Red My eyes widened and then I saw the stars circle it, "SHINY!!!" and as promised I jumped around crazily in joy I went on to catch it. Hard battle, But my ultimate strategy worked in the end hehehe.
Most essential Move

That's right TRICK!!!
What item was my Alakazam holding? why none other than the magnificent FOCUS SASH

Hehehe that's right, An item that you must sacrifice but you can potential get it every 3 days anyways. I call this strategy "TrickSashing" So I tricked Heatran into holding Focus Sash, then switched in my lv73 Empoleon holding choice specs. I then Attacked with Surf...oh noes, its gonna be knockedz out!! oh oh oh wait Heatran held on using its Focus Sash!! And that's how you bring something down to exactly one HP in 2-3 turns :p The battle from there was all unlucky for me, it knocked out my first sleeper Gengar with one Lava Plume, then I sent in Bibarel and yawned it. Started chucking Dusk Balls.

EDIT II: Going by this same logic, shouldn't FEAR Rattata also work against all non-Ghost types? That way, you don't have to lose a valuable item and you don't have to worry about False Swipe not being powerful enough. As long as there aren't any weather conditions or recoiling moves, that sounds like the perfect shiny hunting Pokemon. Even if the shiny doesn't attack, it'll still be brought down to the HP of a level 1 Rattata, which is pretty low. Switch in Spore, and you've practically maximized your capture chances! Maybe FEAR Rattata would be the best shiny hunting aide...

Last edited:

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
"lol" I tried reading it aloud and I couldn't do it! :pink_laugh:

The only way to get Chikorita is by either SRing at Birch's lab or by breeding, sorry. You can also get one in Emerald, but you need to complete the entire Hoenn Pokedex, and Emerald is a disaster on which to SR. Some people have done 20,000+ SRs for Chikorita in Emerald with no luck *coughMetalMariocoughcough,* so I don't think that would be a very good idea. If you can, definitely SR for it at the beginning of the game, unless you want egg moves or a certain nature.

Good luck! Maybe we could have a race for Litwick? Even though it's my #3 hunt, it could give you a free win. ;)

Welcome to the club! Congrats on shiny Ditto - I love it! What's better than a blue glob of goo?

Good luck on your Snivy quest! And it would be pretty cool if you EVed Stunky and brought it to level 100 for the tournament; imagine the look on the faces of your opponents when they see a shiny Skuntank bring them down! :cer_laugh:

With, what, 54 shinies, I'm sure you have at least some useable OUs. :D You could probably make several awesome shiny teams, "lol."

It disappears? :O Does it disappear in the middle of battle, or does its overworld sprite leave? That's strange!

Thanks for bringing up tricksashing! It's a good plan, and it's kind of like false swipe. It sounds like a good shiny hunting method!

EDIT: Going by this same logic, shouldn't FEAR Rattata also work against all non-Ghost types? That way, you don't have to lose a valuable item and you don't have to worry about False Swipe not being powerful enough. As long as there aren't any weather conditions or recoiling moves, that sounds like the perfect shiny hunting Pokemon. Even if the shiny doesn't attack, it'll still be brought down to the HP of a level 1 Rattata, which is pretty low. Switch in Spore, and you've got practically maximized your capture chances! Maybe FEAR Rattata would be the best shiny hunting aide...

It's actually for a trade for a Shiny Arcanine :P which has me very excited. lol

Years
Some people have done 20,000+ SRs for Chikorita in Emerald with no luck *coughMetalMariocoughcough,*
No, that was Treecko I did 20,000 for. Then much later, I used Sapphire, found THREE (!!) uncatchable shiny Poochyena DUPEs, then shiny Treecko, all under 1,000 SRs. I've probably hatched a couple thousand Chikoritas on Emerald, and at least another 1000 on Fire Red. (I have the black egg sticker.) I don't have a Storyteller on hand so I can't give the exact count.

Shiny breeding on Emerald shouldn't be so rigged, since you get to go through tens of thousands of frames in a session.

I should probably move Chikorita breeding to Heart Gold, but I'd greatly prefer if I had a High-IV female to breed with. Unfortunately, that's a bit difficult since I don't own a Japanese game. It also seems a shame to lose out on getting a Bold/Calm shiny. I could use White, but then I wouldn't have her on Generation IV.

Count me in! Litwick is very high on my Generation V hit list--maybe third, behind Druddigon and Gigalith. I was going to save her hunt for when I need something to EV.

Not exactly the balanced team I like to use. :) I like my Vaporeon, Tyranitar, and Electivire even if they are plainly coloured.

When you use Trick, you lose your item permanently
I can Trick it back to myself without issue. If I catch the Gyarados without activating the Focus Sash, it is holding it, as expected. It's only when the sash activates that it disappears--as if it got "consumed." My False Swiper is Level 32 and it takes too many turns to weaken it to SR very fast. (I'm SRing for high IVs/Jolly.)

I used FEAR with a Sunkern to catch shiny Ho-oh last summer. The opponent needs to be strong enough to guarantee an OHKO on you with its weakest move.

I guess the Focus Sash thing is a bug. It's probably still worth sacrificing a Focus Sash to capture a shiny! I'll be tricksashing to catch shiny Giratina whenever I get around to him. Too bad Gentle is such a bad Nature, or I might get the chance to use my shiny Zam as a tricksasher/syncer occasionally.

Now that I think of Ho-oh, who wants to help me name some shinies? I either don't have names or I am dissatisfied with them for:
Pidgeot
Politoed
Starly
Swellow
Delibird
Buneary
Ledian
Flygon
Ho-oh
Lucario

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Pidgeot - Glory, R.I.P my Shiny Pidgey's name.
Politoed - Blender
Starly - Cedar
Swellow - Swift
Delibird - Sant/Mrs. Claus
Buneary - Dawn
Ledian - No Idea
Flygon - No idea
Ho-oh - Hoshi ("Star" in Japanese)
Lucario - No idea

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
2 days ago I've hatched a shiny ralts and now is a gallade :) Took me couple thousand odd eggs to hatch it, I've stopped counting after around 1.5k :P

Didn't have a picture at that time, but I guess I could post it later... it's currently sitting on my box, but once I get another one of my pokemon to lv100 then I'll consider putting it on my main team:)

On a side note, I did acquire a shiny magikarp couple days ago, but it's a hacked one from my cousin @_@ (it has moves like draco meteor, earthquake, etc. - don't count this one for the contest!)

I'll set my next target for shiny in a couple days... who knows what'll it be? :P

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Count me in for the Litwick race.

I forgot to mention that I spent some time trying to hatch a shiny Eevee so that I could get a shiny Umbreon, which IMO is the coolest shiny. I gave up after a dozen or so eggs, lol. I've spent most of my breeding time on Snivy and Litwick. My favorite shiny forms in gen 5 are Sandile and Litwick. The Japanese Ditto I'm using has a Timid nature, so it works well with hatching Litwick. I'm searching for good IVs at the same time that I'm breeding for a shiny. So far I've found one with a perfect IV, which was in HP. I got two Snivys with a perfect IV, one in attack and one in speed. I'm holding off on Sandile until I get a female Sandile with a Jolly nature. What are your top 2 hunts, G-Money?

I found out that my shiny Golbat has a perfect IV in Sp. Attack and has a +Sp. Attack nature, but it doesn't have access to Nasty Plot since I caught it and didn't breed it.

Congratulations on the shiny Ralts, 2Cool4Mewtwo!

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years

I forgot to mention that I spent some time trying to hatch a shiny Eevee so that I could get a shiny Umbreon, which IMO is the coolest shiny. I gave up after a dozen or so eggs, lol. I've spent most of my breeding time on Snivy and Litwick. My favorite shiny forms in gen 5 are Sandile and Litwick. The Japanese Ditto I'm using has a Timid nature, so it works well with hatching Litwick. I'm searching for good IVs at the same time that I'm breeding for a shiny. So far I've found one with a perfect IV, which was in HP. I got two Snivys with a perfect IV, one in attack and one in speed. I'm holding off on Sandile until I get a female Sandile with a Jolly nature. What are your top 2 hunts, G-Money?

I found out that my shiny Golbat has a perfect IV in Sp. Attack and has a +Sp. Attack nature, but it doesn't have access to Nasty Plot since I caught it and didn't breed it.

Congratulations on the shiny Ralts, 2Cool4Mewtwo!

Nasty Plot's where it's at. You play competitive? I am actually working on my team for that tournament right now. I breed for the good IV's in it's two base stats. I went out and caught dittos with 30-31 in one of the 6 IV's that's when I found my shiny ditto. But yeah Umbreon is sick, I wish I had one. But until im done eving this team, I won't be able to breed/chain.

My hunts are going to be this:

Shiny Snivy (SRing)
I need an idea for a second hunt >_< maybe Elekid?

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Nasty Plot's where it's at. You play competitive? I am actually working on my team for that tournament right now. I breed for the good IV's in it's two base stats. I went out and caught dittos with 30-31 in one of the 6 IV's that's when I found my shiny ditto. But yeah Umbreon is sick, I wish I had one. But until im done eving this team, I won't be able to breed/chain.

My hunts are going to be this:

Shiny Snivy (SRing)

I'm currently working on a team so that I can play competitively. It won't be ready anytime soon, unfortunately.

Elekid is a fine choice.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
It's actually for a trade for a Shiny Arcanine :P which has me very excited. lol

Well, I'm glad that you're getting the shiny of your favorite Pokemon, but I'll be sad to see the Ditto go anyways. :pink_cry:

For Dex reasons: do you know personally the person from whom you're getting the Arcanine, or is it over GTS? If you know the person, we can add Arcanine to our ShinyDex. We lose Ditto, though. :(

No, that was Treecko I did 20,000 for. Then much later, I used Sapphire, found THREE (!!) uncatchable shiny Poochyena DUPEs, then shiny Treecko, all under 1,000 SRs.

Oh, sorry! I knew it was a green grass starter from a generation that's a prime number and has a "k" in its name!

That's pretty incredible, though. Not getting a shiny in 20,000 SRs, but then getting 4 in less than 1,000? Hopefully that's what happening with me...

*looks for shinies*
*none appear*
Don't all jump out at once, now!

I can Trick it back to myself without issue. If I catch the Gyarados without activating the Focus Sash, it is holding it, as expected. It's only when the sash activates that it disappears--as if it got "consumed." My False Swiper is Level 32 and it takes too many turns to weaken it to SR very fast. (I'm SRing for high IVs/Jolly.)

I used FEAR with a Sunkern to catch shiny Ho-oh last summer. The opponent needs to be strong enough to guarantee an OHKO on you with its weakest move.

I guess the Focus Sash thing is a bug. It's probably still worth sacrificing a Focus Sash to capture a shiny! I'll be tricksashing to catch shiny Giratina whenever I get around to him. Too bad Gentle is such a bad Nature, or I might get the chance to use my shiny Zam as a tricksasher/syncer occasionally.

That's strange. I didn't know that it was still holding it when you catch it if it was never activated. It does sound like a bug, then, since the item is normally reusable. Unless shiny Gyarados eat Focus Sashes...

2 days ago I've hatched a shiny ralts and now is a gallade :) Took me couple thousand odd eggs to hatch it, I've stopped counting after around 1.5k :P

Congratulations!! I love all the 4th gen evolutions of Pokemon from previous regions.

I think with Masuda now, you were actually above the average! It doesn't sound like a lot, but you actually had...bad luck? "lol," hopefully this means you'll get one sooner next time! ;)

Count me in! Litwick is very high on my Generation V hit list--maybe third, behind Druddigon and Gigalith. I was going to save her hunt for when I need something to EV.

It's on! Chandelure is (in my opinion) the coolest looking 5th gen shiny. As an added bonus, it counts for the Unique Typing Leg of the circuit! It also counts for the Ghost Quest (for all 1 members participating!).

What are your top 2 hunts, G-Money?

Probably for the last week or so, I've been hunting exclusively for Mudkip and the Johto starters. I probably have about 20 other hunts going on, but I've just been focusing on those two. Now, though, it's Litwick time! I can finally track my encounters, so now my incessant complaining about not getting any shinies can finally get some credibility with concrete numbers, especially when they reach 6 and 7 digits. :cer_laugh:

Judging by your avatar, I think Elekid would be the perfect shiny hunt for you. Imagine a shiny Electivire on your competitive team! :cer_smile:

EDIT: Yet another motivation for me to get a shiny is so that I can finally fix that banner! I'm not going to go through the work of changing it when I'm just going to get a shiny soon anyways, you know... :pink_wink:

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
Well, I'm glad that you're getting the shiny of your favorite Pokemon, but I'll be sad to see the Ditto go anyways. :pink_cry:

For Dex reasons: do you know personally the person from whom you're getting the Arcanine, or is it over GTS? If you know the person, we can add Arcanine to our ShinyDex. We lose Ditto, though. :(

Oh, sorry! I knew it was a green grass starter from a generation that's a prime number and has a "k" in its name!

That's pretty incredible, though. Not getting a shiny in 20,000 SRs, but then getting 4 in less than 1,000? Hopefully that's what happening with me...

*looks for shinies*
*none appear*
Don't all jump out at once, now!

That's strange. I didn't know that it was still holding it when you catch it if it was never activated. It does sound like a bug, then, since the item is normally reusable. Unless shiny Gyarados eat Focus Sashes...

Congratulations!! I love all the 4th gen evolutions of Pokemon from previous regions.

I think with Masuda now, you were actually above the average! It doesn't sound like a lot, but you actually had...bad luck? "lol," hopefully this means you'll get one sooner next time! ;)

It's on! Chandelure is (in my opinion) the coolest looking 5th gen shiny. As an added bonus, it counts for the Unique Typing Leg of the circuit! It also counts for the Ghost Quest (for all 1 members participating!).

Probably for the last week or so, I've been hunting exclusively for Mudkip and the Johto starters. I probably have about 20 other hunts going on, but I've just been focusing on those two. Now, though, it's Litwick time! I can finally track my encounters, so now my incessant complaining about not getting any shinies can finally get some credibility with concrete numbers, especially when they reach 6 and 7 digits. :cer_laugh:

Judging by your avatar, I think Elekid would be the perfect shiny hunt for you. Imagine a shiny Electivire on your competitive team! :cer_smile:

EDIT: Yet another motivation for me to get a shiny is so that I can finally fix that banner! I'm not going to go through the work of changing it when I'm just going to get a shiny soon anyways, you know... :pink_wink:

Well the trade is for Stunky, not ditto xD I am never trading my ditto it's sick. Also yeah I wish I had one. I first need to get a jolly/adamant syncer, since I've had bad luck with my adamant. But I might just breed a new one non shiny for IV's and that one for my RL friends :D thanks for the idea! Those will be my two hunts :)

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Thanks for the congrats everyone.

MetalMario, how exactly is breeding on Emerald rigged? I've been planning on using my Emerald version for breeding Torkoal and possibly some other targets, but if I'd like to know if I'm better of just sticking to breeding on Diamond and HeartGold.

Also, I started my second hunt on White today. I WOULD be double hunting for it on Black and White, but ever since I got my shiny Tepig, I let my brother play through Black. I figured it would be a win-win for us; he would get to have his fun playing through the game (I hate playthroughs, tbh, they get in the way of hunting to me) and when he was finished, I would get the game and just shiny hunt on it. The plan seemed great, until my brother got bored after beating the E4 and didn't even explore the last three towns + routes...so I'm trying to get him to beat the game before I do any hunting on Black. I really need to transfer over some Synchers and strong Pokemon before I do any heavy duty hunting on the 5th Gen.

I'm also REing on R/S. I'm alternating between Tailow, Swablu, Torkoal, Cacnea, and Spheal on a bunch of different routes.

Good luck to all.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
Thanks for the congrats everyone.

MetalMario, how exactly is breeding on Emerald rigged? I've been planning on using my Emerald version for breeding Torkoal and possibly some other targets, but if I'd like to know if I'm better of just sticking to breeding on Diamond and HeartGold.

Also, I started my second hunt on White today. I WOULD be double hunting for it on Black and White, but ever since I got my shiny Tepig, I let my brother play through Black. I figured it would be a win-win for us; he would get to have his fun playing through the game (I hate playthroughs, tbh, they get in the way of hunting to me) and when he was finished, I would get the game and just shiny hunt on it. The plan seemed great, until my brother got bored after beating the E4 and didn't even explore the last three towns + routes...so I'm trying to get him to beat the game before I do any hunting on Black. I really need to transfer over some Synchers and strong Pokemon before I do any heavy duty hunting on the 5th Gen.

I'm also REing on R/S. I'm alternating between Tailow, Swablu, Torkoal, Cacnea, and Spheal on a bunch of different routes.

Good luck to all.

Hey quick question here? how are you hunting in b/w. I don't think there is chaining anymore, so what is the easiest way to get a shiny/hunt for one? B/W only. Also gratz on shiny tepig, i'm SRing my white for a shiny snivy.

PokeTrainer87

Playing through Black Version
Years
What's up guys!! I just got myself a shiny charmander from prof oaks lab on my Soul Silver!!! I'm soooo happy! The best thing is that it happened while SRing for a modest nature. I wasn't even trying to get it through SRing. I've been MMing on my Black version but who knew I would get it this way. It's a naive nature:/ but why should I complain it's a shiny!!! I'll upload pics later since im on my phone.

Last edited:
Years
It's not. Or not to any significant extent anyway. PVs are chosen when the egg is made, making it very difficult to RNG abuse them. Other than that, since you're not SRing, you go through very many different frames, stabilizing your odds of finding a shiny. When it comes to Emerald, SRing is the enemy. Anything that causes you to repeat the first few minutes of gameplay will be broken.

inb4 you find shiny Seviper on that Swablu route...

I finished EVing Zekrom but no shiny green dragons appeared. I need to get around to EVing that backlog of shinies I haven't dealt with yet.

Years
hey guys n gals!
im currently at 145 Venipede eggs which isnt much
but im very busy with school work (exams incoming too)
Ive also done some more SRing on Cobalion but no luck.
Sorry i cant be more active here, anyway everyone good luck on your hunts!

Doubles

Fire Angel Dragon Thing...:3
Years
Dual hunting petill is hard and I'm just unlucky but as you can see I'm gunning for a shiny petill to get a shiny lilligant if that doesn't work I'll just try to find someone who wants to trade a japanese ditto to me

Back