• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2013
I saw somebody on youtube fighting the elite 4 and what i could see is that all the main points e.g. pokemon and the moves all were in english whereas when spoke to the final guy it was portugese so i was wondering can someone link me to that rom cos i wanna play the full version but i wouldnt ever be able to battle.

Never mind i found it but can someone help me get this onto my iphone because all i get it a white screen

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Please someone help me.

I'm stuck at Seanport City and I don't have Surf. I can't go anywhere else, and I just can't find the HM. I've been stuck for hours. Can someone tell me where I can find Surf?

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
If you're at Seanport City, you don't need surf. Keep looking. ;)

Oh God, it was so easy...

But got stuck again. I read somewhere in this thread that an Hiker would give Rock Smash after leaving Seanport City, but he didn't. I met the Gym Leader near the sea and he went away and I can't go any further...

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Just talk to the hiker. o-o

If he hasn't given it to you, you haven't talked to the right hiker.

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013

But got stuck again. I read somewhere in this thread that an Hiker would give Rock Smash after leaving Seanport City, but he didn't. I met the Gym Leader near the sea and he went away and I can't go any further...

It happens to me too..what i did is get a new Pokemon LP Version 1.1 Then reload my save then it works..

Xigbar02ii

Xigbar's best buddy
Years
Hey I need some help, for some reason when I patch the file, it does work and the game freezes after it says press start. My ruby file is clean

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
Does Shaymin appears randomly ? I also found someting that shouldn't be (I think) When i finished both 2 leagues and when I came into Mt. Icestorm and T. Steam was blocking my way. I had to defeat them in place where was Zerkom and Reshiram. The same thing is happening when I'm coming there again. I can't also fly to few cities in 2nd region.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
I know you're not asking me directly, but just so you guys know, I can't answer questions about areas I haven't reached in my translation yet. Check out Wesley's site in the first post, I'm pretty sure it has information about legendary Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2013
I know you're not asking me directly, but just so you guys know, I can't answer questions about areas I haven't reached in my translation yet. Check out Wesley's site in the first post, I'm pretty sure it has information about legendary Pokemon.

How far are you ?? Sorry if u always get this question

And could u provide and eta that u will finish cos I really enjoyed playing the beta.

ch4r1zard

Burner of backsides
Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2020
this game looks amazing...im kinda waiting for the translated version though :)

wildarms001

Random Supporter
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
so right now the official translator is snakebyte right? so what happen to sarcastic prince and ash translating earlier? sorry i can't keep up the fast pace coz i didn't come here everyday just checking out random days or months. all we need is just a plain english translation i don't care about editing or something adding to the final beta that's all . peace out :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Didn't work for me, I'm using save states always. Could that be it?

Don't understand... If someone can help me...

If that is not working..it sad to say that you will start a new game..or the second time download the LP rom in gba format in Wesleys website be sure its 1.1 version and delete your previous savefile..or just wait till the englsih version is released..

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Oh my god this is NUTS guys!
Just stop asking for english beta at once. You guys must understand that it will be released once it will =)
It really does not help mantain this thread alive.
And the SPAM about translators... this is really getting annoying for all of us.
Of course there is NO need for 20 versions of LP but you all know that SP will make his edited version anyways... So there will surely be 2 translations... but seeing some guys wanting to have their own version of LP... suit yourselves. But it's useless to release those versions. Have them for yourselves but you don't really need to post it here or something.
If Wes gave you permission it's his way but you really don't need to boast about it.
I really hate how this thread became and still becoming pile of trash that only serves one purpose and that is arguing about things that don't belong here at all...
English translation will be even if I were to take care of it by myself but you need to learn how to behave properly.

Snakebyte or Wesley, I really think you guys should have like a Notepad file of which Pokemon is in each route, so we know what kind of Pokemon are in there. This helps other players plan their team more better.

For example

Route 401:
(Pokemon) Levels #-#
(Pokemon) Levels #-#
(Pokemon) Levels #-#

Or something like that.
You can use A-Map for that =)

That's one of wrong scripts... he might but he might not be able to give you HM... :/

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I know we shouldn't be talking about the translators so much but, I thought Wesley didn't approve of SP's work. Didn't he get dismissed from the translating project?

Back