• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ancient Mew defect or fake? Help needed

JPpokellector

JPpokellector
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Oct 4, 2016
So I purchased a international version of the ancient mew Pokemon card, now these normal go for around £5 on eBay, the one I purchased ended up being £15 as it was in mint condition. Upon receiving the item I noticed some weird things that are on the card which got me worried if it was a fake or not. The problems are listed here:

1. Silver line printed (not a scratch) going across top of card
2. The print of the whole card is slanted (copyright print on the right hand side is closer to the bottom of the card than the left hand side)

So this is a thread to give your opinions on what you think.

I am new to this community so please help me put my mind at rest

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 33

JPpokellector

JPpokellector
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Oct 4, 2016
That's what I first thought, I've compared them too my other ancient mews (version 2 and misprint) and they are exactly the same other than the defects on this card

JPpokellector

JPpokellector
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Oct 4, 2016
Can I get some more opinions please so I can decide whether to get a refund or not 🙏

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Its hard to say. Ancient Mews always look like trash and are hard to assess. Both of mine (sealed, from the cinema) peeled away like fakes, despite being fresh from the source.

It's just as likely to be a bad print as it is to be fake.

Back