• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
That was filthy from Suarez, I know both Ivanovic and him were having a little heated moment all game but actually bite him in the arm? His a good footballer but man his a weird kind of controversial... at least someone like Joey Barton or Balotelli is explainable in a way but Suarez?

It's not even the first time he did it, that's what gets to me tbh haha.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
ftQn1Gu.png

How exciting to see No. 20 RVP score a hat-trick in the title-winning game! The footballing stars really have aligned.

Years
Haha Ji Sung Pork, that's brilliant.

Yeah Man United have won the title which I think has brought up a reasonable debate across England - How does this United team compare to those of the past?

Most people would say a lot of their players are pretty average, but then they've ran away with the title so how does that make sense?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
You hear that a lot about United but I don't see it.

Their squad, whilst lacking some of the personality of the past, is as strong as I've ever seen it. There aren't 11 megastars on the field but there isn't a single weak link in the entire 24, that has been their key strength this season. Their back line has been the surprise of the season for me, It seems they'll still be as good after Vidic and Ferdinand move on.

Years
Yeah I don't think people respect that players like Jones will grow into the previous megastars and many of them are nearly there.

Then there's always the unnoticed players like Carrick who will be a key decider in a title race, but receive little credit for being in the centre of the park.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
It's kind of a shame though as I'd love to see players like Hernandez, Kagawa and Daniel Nii Tackie Mensah Welbeck playing week in week out.

Years
Any need for his full name? :P

I think based on the games I've seen of Man United, Ferguson wants to see a system of RVP upfront with Rooney, Kagawa and Welbeck interchanging behind him in future.

RVP
Kagawa <-> Rooney <-> Welbeck​

If that helps with the idea. So anyway, I think Welbeck and Kagawa will definitely see more time. Kagawa is bound to become a regular at some point regardless.

Shocking score in the Champions League, I think we're seeing Barcelona's successors here. Their signing of Gotze should propel them on to greater things too (and help eliminate most of their domestic challenge).

Years
It wouldn't be too surprising, their current winger selection is pretty poor. Valencia and Nani have been far from brilliant this season.

I'd say I'm glad to see Bayern do well, but when Guardiola makes them play the boring tiki taka stuff I'll be just as annoyed as I am with Barca.

Years
I think we only do it because our players are incapable of creating any space for themselves to go forward.

Suarez banned for ten games, it seems like a better decision than most by the FA lately.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Oooh 10 games. Perhaps that would have meant something if the team were going somewhere.

Dirty little rat should have been kicked out (or forced to play for a pub team) for at least a year, considering his history.

Years
If Bayern & Dortmund win it'll be a great advertisement for the Bundesliga. Most people who watch the Bundesliga will argue it's up there with the Premiership and La Liga, but it's denied by the majority, this year's Champions League may just prove them right.

Anyway I think Bayern are the best team to face Barca so I'm happy with the draw.

This couldn't have been more right if I do say so myself. The Bundesliga bandwagoning is now in full swing.

At least Suarez's ban will hopefully put Liverpool in one of those early season relegation form starts they usually find themselves in.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Heh, Suarez's ban is just funny. Whatever would convince a man to bite someone after they pushed him is just... well beyond me. Annoyingly, though, the 10 matches iirc count as any matches, including friendlies. But then I guess the point of the ban was to deal with Suarez, not cause his entire team problems.

Anyway! More recent happenings in football.

Spurs make a comeback in the last 20 minutes of a game against City, scoring three goals in quick succession.
Barcelona lose 4-0 to anyone.
Real Madrid lose 4-1 to Dortmund, conceding their first ever hat trick in the Champions League.
Overall, Germany 8 - 1 Spain.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the end of the football world.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
It wasn't a hat-trick! I was a poker, aka 4 goals. And Lewandowski became the 9th player to score 4 in a CL match- the only one to do so in a semifinal. Amazing stuff!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Wonder if it'd be worth watching some German league football next season. Has been a good 6 or 7 years since I last did. I hardly even followed other English leagues this year, only really kept half an eye on Cardiff due to th former City players.

Back