• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2023
Okay so I open up 1.3.1, get my first pokemon, head out to battle and fight a wild Fakemon, no problems so far. Fight a Pidgey and the game crashes.

Going to reboot and see if turning off Battle animations helps

EDIT: And I'm fairly sure I took damage in the first battle.

Error the Second, related to this PC only. the game doesn't save. I mean it does save and displays the save message but exiting and entering doesn't change the fact there is no save file.

I originally thought it was because of the crash, and Switched it off after getting the starter, but it didn't take. However on my netbook (where the former error occurs, but not the latter. However it's slow as ****) it saves fine.

Last edited:

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
Years
hmm maybe I could mess about with the files if the first one works?

I'm thinking it just crashes cuz there ain't a debug.txt file, but I could (and probably am) wrong.

Thing is, there IS a debug.txt in the folder, but for some reason, encrypting the data messes it all up. I'm going to try and see if I can do something about it.

Okay so I open up 1.3.1, get my first pokemon, head out to battle and fight a wild Fakemon, no problems so far. Fight a Pidgey and the game crashes.

Going to reboot and see if turning off Battle animations helps

EDIT: And I'm fairly sure I took damage in the first battle.

Error the Second, related to this PC only. the game doesn't save. I mean it does save and displays the save message but exiting and entering doesn't change the fact there is no save file.

I originally thought it was because of the crash, and Switched it off after getting the starter, but it didn't take. However on my netbook (where the former error occurs, but not the latter. However it's slow as ****) it saves fine.

As I thought, there're incompatibility errors depending on what you're using. I'm trying to get this fixed. Try version 1.0 and see if the same happens, since it was the one that reported the least incompatibility. Thanks for reporting in.

PaulUrchin

Imma Spriter wanna be... meh.
Years
If combat in the first version works, (Still to try V1) then, couldn't I just move the debugtxt from V1 to V3?

I'll give it a shot and see what happens...

EDIT: V1 combat doesn't function either I'm afraid.

Last edited:

D. Lawride

Years
If combat in the first version works, (Still to try V1) then, couldn't I just move the debugtxt from V1 to V3?

I'll give it a shot and see what happens...

EDIT: V1 combat doesn't function either I'm afraid.

It's incompatibility, then, because it works perfectly for some people (someone's even done a Let's Play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boAHDxp6eN8), while for others it doesn't.

I'm probably going to change from Essentials to another one soon anyways, so I'll be sure to see it so that these incompatibility errors don't happen again.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Okay, D. Lawride, I had a similar problem. It comes up enoent or whateever it was when playing the actual game (not debug mode) during situations when the file its referring to is out of date.

I had a problem earlier with it having the same problem with 'trainers.dat' for me. When I looked it up, the fix was simple as downloading the latest essentials and replacing the file with the new version.

Maybe custom scripts could be making it not work, but otherwise that should fix it, unless I'm really overlooking something.

D. Lawride

Years
Okay, D. Lawride, I had a similar problem. It comes up enoent or whateever it was when playing the actual game (not debug mode) during situations when the file its referring to is out of date.

I had a problem earlier with it having the same problem with 'trainers.dat' for me. When I looked it up, the fix was simple as downloading the latest essentials and replacing the file with the new version.

Maybe custom scripts could be making it not work, but otherwise that should fix it, unless I'm really overlooking something.

Hm, the enoent part is the one referring to the battles. So you mean that downloading the latest version Essentials and replacing a file is the solution, but what file do you mean? debuglog.txt or something else?

As for custom scripts, I don't have any, so I think that's ruled out.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Its what fixed the problem for me, but if the difference between the errors proves to make yours not fixed by it, I would suggest upgrading.

mantle101

Oh, It's The Great Ape o_O
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2011
My game crashed after the first battle with Raina D:

D. Lawride

Years
Its what fixed the problem for me, but if the difference between the errors proves to make yours not fixed by it, I would suggest upgrading.

Yup, which is probably going to be my next step.

My game crashed after the first battle with Raina D:

Unfortunately, I'm aware D:

There seems to be some kind of incompatibility error going on with Essentials, because it works for some people, and for others, it doesn't.

I'm already working on a fix for this.

D. Lawride

Years
Looks good. Graphics look good keep it up!

Thanks! ^^

So, after a while without updates, I decided to drop by and prove we're still up and running by putting up a couple of maps I recently redid as an attempt to make them look better and make more sense:

Route 233​

route_233_reupload_by_donlawride-d2pnql7.png

Vagalume Town​

vagalume_town_by_donlawride-d2sot6e.png

As you might have guessed by now, the two maps fit with each other.

I'm working on other stuff too, such as the errors in the recent demo(s).

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
I'm impressed with the mapping and the work overall...Nice!

I'd like to point out that the top-right corner of Vagalume Town and the bottom-right corner of Route 233 don't exactly correspond to each other very well. Past the mountain land mass, the maps are pretty much different. I don't think it'll matter so much if the camera doesn't really hit on them, so I don't think anyone would notice unless they saw screenshots like this side-by-side. xD

Again, keep up the good work...!

D. Lawride

Years
Your mapping looks really nice, i think :)

Thanks! ^^

I'm impressed with the mapping and the work overall...Nice!

I'd like to point out that the top-right corner of Vagalume Town and the bottom-right corner of Route 233 don't exactly correspond to each other very well. Past the mountain land mass, the maps are pretty much different. I don't think it'll matter so much if the camera doesn't really hit on them, so I don't think anyone would notice unless they saw screenshots like this side-by-side. xD

Again, keep up the good work...!

Holy snap, it doesn't D:

<.<
>.>

...delete your comment so nobody sees that. jk

But you're right, nonetheless; I'll get to fixing that sometime, since it's not really a big thing. xD

Thanks a lot! ^^

D. Lawride

Years
So, since it's been a while since I've put anything up, I'll leave two videos for everyone who's interested in seeing some progress:

Video 1

Video 2

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2013
Nice video,graphic but we sow your pokemon on 21 lvl and he has just 3 atacks? how it's possible? xD

MilesG170

Team Enigma Founder
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2015
I am in love with these maps. They are so vibrant and awesome. Great tiles as well. Everything seems to connect so well. Good job.

PokemonTrainerd

Trainerd
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2014
I was reading through the main post and i was like "oh this looks pretty cool" and then BAM, right there: "Sird" And I just jizzed in my pants. I LOVE SIRD. I hope she has a large role ^_^

D. Lawride

Years
Nice video,graphic but we sow your pokemon on 21 lvl and he has just 3 atacks? how it's possible? xD

Hum, let's just say I did some cheating... xD

I am in love with these maps. They are so vibrant and awesome. Great tiles as well. Everything seems to connect so well. Good job.

Thanks a lot! :D

I was reading through the main post and i was like "oh this looks pretty cool" and then BAM, right there: "Sird" And I just jizzed in my pants. I LOVE SIRD. I hope she has a large role ^_^

Oh, you bet she does xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back