• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Storyline Speculation!

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
Years
I'd like to see Cheren being in the E4, and Bianca being a Gym Leader, and you challenge Hilda/Hilbert at the end like Red. Alder retires, and a character from the original B/W is Champion.

Seven Sages/Shadow Triad hopefully have a large role, I would love to challenge them!

Anville Town and the Battle Subway could play a role in going to new places. (Maybe places in Unova that were not in B/W?) Or Skyla's airplane could take you somewhere.

I can't really see N returning to Unova, he had his role in B/W, and now he's off trying to liberate Pokemon in other regions.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
I personally would love to see Ghetsis make a return, and i like the idea of Cheren being in the elite four, but maybe he ends up being in the Police Force or something? and i can defiantly see Bianca being the Prof. assistant, just a thought though

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The storyline could go like this: Kyurem was furious with the balance thrown out of balance by Humans. He goes ahead and tries to destroy humanity...
Okay maybe it's a liitle too dark...
I can see the other legendaries playing a larger role,maybe they will require us to get the Muskeeter trio in order to unlock an event or move the story forward.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
I think storyline could be something like this:
N will release his Zekrom/Reshiram and let it back to Unova. He was constantly releasing his Pokemon during B/W, so this time he might do that as well.
In Black 2 you meet Hilbert having Reshiram he caught in original Black. In White 2 you meet Hilda having Zekrom she caught in original White. At some point of storyline you and Hilbert/Hilda would must go to encounter Kyurem. Before you go, N's released Zekrom/Reshiram would attack you. At this point it will be required to catch that Zekrom/Reshiram in the same way like in B/W.
After you and Hilbert/Hilda go to Kyurem, Ghetsis would appear and challenge you to battle. Hilbert/Hilda will accept challenge and fight with his/her Reshiram/Zekrom. In the meantime you encounter Kyurem. During battle with Kyurem your Zekrom/Reshiram would fuse with Kyurem (see my entry in alternate form thread to see how it would be done). After catching new Kyurem's form, you will see that Hilbert/Hilda lost battle with Ghetsis and you would must to defeat Ghetsis with your freshly caught Black/White Kyurem.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I think storyline could be something like this:
N will release his Zekrom/Reshiram and let it back to Unova. He was constantly releasing his Pokemon during B/W, so this time he might do that as well.
In Black 2 you meet Hilbert having Reshiram he caught in original Black. In White 2 you meet Hilda having Zekrom she caught in original White. At some point of storyline you and Hilbert/Hilda would must go to encounter Kyurem. Before you go, N's released Zekrom/Reshiram would attack you. At this point it will be required to catch that Zekrom/Reshiram in the same way like in B/W.
After you and Hilbert/Hilda go to Kyurem, Ghetsis would appear and challenge you to battle. Hilbert/Hilda will accept challenge and fight with his/her Reshiram/Zekrom. In the meantime you encounter Kyurem. During battle with Kyurem your Zekrom/Reshiram would fuse with Kyurem (see my entry in alternate form thread to see how it would be done). After catching new Kyurem's form, you will see that Hilbert/Hilda lost battle with Ghetsis and you would must to defeat Ghetsis with your freshly caught Black/White Kyurem.

But its already been stated that they are not Fusions. Kyurem already absorbed the Genes of Reshiram/Zekrom when it was "born". (Born is in "'s because that's the term I saw used for the movie.) So Kyurem should already have the power to transform when its "Emotions are running high" (Pokemon Daisuki Club's flash banner for B2/W2)

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
But its already been stated that they are not Fusions. Kyurem already absorbed the Genes of Reshiram/Zekrom when it was "born". (Born is in "'s because that's the term I saw used for the movie.) So Kyurem should already have the power to transform when its "Emotions are running high" (Pokemon Daisuki Club's flash banner for B2/W2)

Emotions running high is about their Ovedrive status, which is completely different thing than fusion. It's confirmed here: http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=8307

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I think that title sequence Pokémon Smash posted says volumes on how this storyline could go.

But the looks of it, it sort of looks like the Musketeer Trio may be involved in the direct storyline in relation to Kyurem, I suppose mirroring the upcoming movie. Or their just there to look cool. I also don't know if the appearance of Zekrom and Reshiram mean anything but - meh.

The professor certainly speaks volumes in this whole thing, he does seem very... I don't know what word to use. Eh - evil?

Years
I can see the Muskeeter trio aidding the trainer in the story line, helping you discover the origins of Kyurem, or maybe showing you hidden passages you can acess though HM's like strength.

masterlugia

call of duty is unfair
Years
  • Age 23
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 20, 2014
Well I think there will be new and exclusive areas to explore, I think the Shadow Triad will have a larger part in the storyline and I think N will take you on in a double battle with "Black Kyurem & White Kyurem" however it's kinda hard to call right now.

^what he said because it's more legendary

Years
The story line will proably revolve around the mascot than previous games, it just seems like Kyurem will play a large, seeing how it's an antagonistic like Pokemon.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
The Musketeers are in the Game's Opening Video. They wont be in hiding like in BW. They will be part of the game's action.

I've said this before, but Shadow Triad Sinnoh Dragon Rotation Battle Supper Boss

Years
I can see the Sinnoh dragon trio proably play a role of some kind, maybe a post game storyline dealing with Ghetsis' plans for them.
Also the old player will proably be reference several times by the old characters. Then by the end of the game Hilda/Hilbert will appear with N to help us out.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah I'm interested to see what the Musketeers actually do in-game. Maybe it'll reflect the movies in that... you need them to advance to the next part of the storyline, aka removing the ice. Dunno but I think they'll have some relation to "ice" or stopping Kyurem in general.

Beth

DEAD ACCOUNT
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2012

That would be kind of cool, if it's what I think you're saying.
It would be a couple years after B/W, and the trainer you play as in the first installment of B/W is the champion. That way you can be a new trainer and battle them in the same way that you battled Red in G/S/C.

So Bianca or Cheren could be a Gym leader like Green? (Mostly likely Cheren)

Years
The Musketeers are in the Game's Opening Video. They wont be in hiding like in BW. They will be part of the game's action.

I've said this before, but Shadow Triad Sinnoh Dragon Rotation Battle Supper Boss

I don't thinks that's very likely, to be honest- the only reason those Orbs were given to us was because you couldn't transfer items from the previous games, and so there'd be no way to get those items otherwise. Having the Sinnoh Dragon trio in the games would be pretty cool but it seems a bit much to me.

However I remember reading somewhere that B2W2 takes place about 10 years after DPPtHGSS, meaning direct continuity is unlikely. Yes, I know Cynthia and Looker were there but neither of them made significant reference to their past storylines.
And while there were references to RSE throughout, I just think that's suggesting their remakes. It seems that bit too crazy to implement Hoenn in the games.

IKawaiiThief

Summer Sakura Trainer!
Years
I think that at the beginnning, your dad is the Trainers' School teacher and he gives you a choice of Tepig, Oshawott or Snivy to kickstart you Pokemon Journey. Soon after leaving, you'll be ambushed by the Shadow Triad, who tell you to beware of a great evil. With them out of the way, you collect the regional 8 Gym Leaders, you'll encounter thugs dressed in red, and you'll also encounter the mad scientist guy. After beating Iris to get your 8th badge, Ghetsis appears with N, and both of them reveal that they're back to working together. They merge N's dragon with Kyurem with the help of technology made by the evil scientist, but the Kyurem will not obey Ghetsis' and N's orders. In order to distract you, who wonders into the Giant Chasm, the Shadow Triad and 3 other grunts now dressed in red/blue depending on version will battle you, the Shadow Triad a tripple battle and the grunts one-by-one. After, Ghetsis and N are defeated, so you catch the Kyurem in it's new forme, and Ghetsis and N are taken away by Looker.

That's my 2 cents.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
I was wondering what that Petilil in that small room is about? Would it have something to do with the story?

Back