• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Resource requests

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
I should have specified that I need it all in one place or I get VERY confused:cross-eye:cer_confused::pink_confused::t327:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Anyone have all Pokemon Back Sprites, all 196x196, in the style of BW?

EDIT: Or anyone have the right positioning for original backsprites!

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
Does anyone know where to find the cliff tiles in this image.

where_could_she_be__by_gavzxhayley-d3gze78.png

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Thanks FL ... I've been searching all over the place, but could only find GIF and 96x96, I couldn't find them... Question, you think I should use BW front sprites too? I don't see the point as the ones I have use female versions too!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Thanks FL ... I've been searching all over the place, but could only find GIF and 96x96, I couldn't find them... Question, you think I should use BW front sprites too? I don't see the point as the ones I have use female versions too!
Its hard to say without have seen your situation. If you didn't want simply manually put the gender diferences.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years

Wrong

While I don't usually like people asking about the tiles I use, these are edited by me, as well as me finishing the set. I don't use them any more. However the originals are no longer being made available by the artist. Sorry to say.

Which artist made the cliff tiles in the first place?

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Its hard to say without have seen your situation. If you didn't want simply manually put the gender diferences.

My situation is nothing special...

I'm using the new kit, with I think HGSS battlers, but the back sprites don't align properly and some are to high and some are too low and I don't feel like checking 493 Pokémon's worth of sprites to find out what's what... but would the newer battlers look odd with the older ones?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
My situation is nothing special...

I'm using the new kit, with I think HGSS battlers, but the back sprites don't align properly and some are to high and some are too low and I don't feel like checking 493 Pokémon's worth of sprites to find out what's what... but would the newer battlers look odd with the older ones?
Are you talking about this:

s5gy39.png
vs%20minccino.png

But with HgSs front graphics?
The backsprites are a little strange because they are lower that the frontsprites. About HgSs front sprites versus BW front sprites, they aren't too different. For this model the HgSs Sprites can be even better because that they are lower that BW and can make the backsprites looks better.

Are you try to use backsprites with size other that 160x160? If you do the editor won't reposition right. To fix the "Reposition All" open the editor (to do this, in Data folder change the EditorScripts to Scripts and open RPG Maker XP), in PokemonSpritePos after line 'metrics[0]=(bitmap1.height-(findBottom(bitmap1.bitmap)+1))/2' add line 'metrics[0]+=(160-bitmap1.height)/4 if bitmap1.height!=160'

To make the backsprites won't have 16 pixel under battlebox, in PokeBattle_ActualScene, after line '@endspritey=adjustBattleSpriteY(@PokemonBattlerSprite,pkmn.species,pkmn.index)' add line '@endspritey-=16'. After line 'pkmn.y=adjustBattleSpriteY(pkmn,species,attacker.index)' add line 'pkmn.y=16 if attacker.index%2==0'. After line 'pkmn.y=adjustBattleSpriteY(pkmn,pokemon.species,attacker.index)' add line 'pkmn.y=16 if attacker.index%2==0'

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Are you talking about this:

s5gy39.png
vs%20minccino.png

But with HgSs front graphics?
The backsprites are a little strange because they are lower that the frontsprites. About HgSs front sprites versus BW front sprites, they aren't too different. For this model the HgSs Sprites can be even better because that they are lower that BW and can make the backsprites looks better.

Are you try to use backsprites with size other that 160x160? If you do the editor won't reposition right. To fix the "Reposition All" open the editor (to do this, in Data folder change the EditorScripts to Scripts and open RPG Maker XP), in PokemonSpritePos after line 'metrics[0]=(bitmap1.height-(findBottom(bitmap1.bitmap)+1))/2' add line 'metrics[0]+=(160-bitmap1.height)/4 if bitmap1.height!=160'

To make the backsprites won't have 16 pixel under battlebox, in PokeBattle_ActualScene, after line '@endspritey=adjustBattleSpriteY(@PokemonBattlerSprite,pkmn.species,pkmn.index)' add line '@endspritey-=16'. After line 'pkmn.y=adjustBattleSpriteY(pkmn,species,attacker.index)' add line 'pkmn.y=16 if attacker.index%2==0'. After line 'pkmn.y=adjustBattleSpriteY(pkmn,pokemon.species,attacker.index)' add line 'pkmn.y=16 if attacker.index%2==0'

Yeah at the moment, I'm using BW back sprites, HGSS front, because I dn't like the back HGSS sprites due to half the body missing on most, but they are a nice size as opposed to the BW which are oddly small...

I'm now using 192x192 backsprites and 128x128 front sprites.

If I use BW sprites, will I have to remove the 16 pixel under box, thing?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Yeah at the moment, I'm using BW back sprites, HGSS front, because I dn't like the back HGSS sprites due to half the body missing on most, but they are a nice size as opposed to the BW which are oddly small...

I'm now using 192x192 backsprites and 128x128 front sprites.

If I use BW sprites, will I have to remove the 16 pixel under box, thing?
If you wish that the sprite be more upper positioned you can put the sprites even more upper using a greater value.

Note that HgSs both front and back sprites have 160x160 for Essentials.

And I make a mistake, isn't 'pkmn.y=16' but 'pkmn.y-=16'.

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2021
Hi! I am making a Pokémon Game with Game Maker and i need a recolored/revamped tileset of the originals Pokémon games (red,blue/gold,silver) does anyone knows where to find them?

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2014
Pokemon Black and White help......

Hello. I need some one who can help me find the sprites of the gym leaders and elite four in Kazowar's BW sprite editor.If someone can help me i will apriciate.
Also i would need the player,gym leaders,elte,champion(steven) and blue(manga) and leaf overworld sprites.
THANK YOU!!! :D

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Hey I think I have a very simple request, does anyone have the HGSS NPC sprites orginally posted by whchu here

Any help would be very nice

Back