• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Just the Classics~ Original 151 Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years

Exactly. This is similar to Pikachu. Yes, Pikachu is very iconic of the Pokemon franchise. But, when it comes to in-game use, Pikachu doesn't fare very well until you evolve him. That is, unless you use a Light Ball.

Agree, as he has very limited movepool (which increased by only an attack or two with Raichu) Volt Tackle is a must have for him.

DragoniteMySavior

Use Hurricane!!!
Years
Hey, didnt i say id join?

Name: DragoniteMySavior
Fav.Gen1 Poke: Take a wild guess!
Partner Poke: Keyala The Dragonite!!!!!!!!!!!
Indigo Plateou Indigo Platoeu However u spell it.

Im participating in the profile contest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![Yes, i know i just joined but who cares?!?!?!?!?]

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
2Cool4Mewtwo, as a reward for giving this idea, you have earned a bonus 100 points. Also, upon reading this, please PM me for your choice of a free new partner Pokemon or shiny upgrade.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

O_O... That was unexpected to be fair. Thanks anyways :D

Yeah, I'll probably participate on this event if I have enough time to do it.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
OK, I have updated everything that needs to be updated (points, participants list, etc.). Welcome, DragoniteMySavior! Glad to see another participant for the contest as well.

2Cool4Mewtwo, since you have not yet given 100% confirmation that you will be participating, I have yet to add you to the participants list. And, didn't I say ideas, if used, don't go unrewarded? :D Rewards for ideas might not always be the same; I just found your idea to be incredibly awesome, and thus it deserved an equally awesome reward.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years

2Cool4Mewtwo, since you have not yet given 100% confirmation that you will be participating, I have yet to add you to the participants list. And, didn't I say ideas, if used, don't go unrewarded? :D Rewards for ideas might not always be the same; I just found your idea to be incredibly awesome, and thus it deserved an equally awesome reward.

Also name my electrode "Boomer." I forgot to mention that as well. (It'd take a long time to come up with a fitting nickname for mewtwo, though)

And yeah, I'm not 100% sure if I'll be participating. If anything, I'd probably finish my designs before I actually sign up.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
- To maintain fairness to non-supporters/non-staff, supporters/staff that participate are NOT allowed to use background images in their final profile design. This is due to the fact that non-supporters/non-staff don't have the ability to use background images.

After some thought and a little feedback from miltankRancher, I have decided that making this change would be fair. I'm doing this because the majority of our members are non-supporters/non-staff.

ikaroschase

サンダース the crackling of sparks
Years
userbar time! (: there's only one because i'm dealing with college applications now :/ sighs. anyway for this its pikachu! :D

0kjeP.gif

credits: stock image | texture

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
New members, awesome! And so, to those who just joined. Welcome to the club. ♥

Love the userbar, it's so adorable. owo

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Well, I actually like Magikarp and the design is in no way bad, however, since Magikarp got those derpy looks and is as weak as it is, I just like to joke about it.

Btw, just call me Olli.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Alright, everything's been updated! ikaroschase, this includes your userbar being added to the OP, and points awarded. Olli, I agree 100%. As far as design, it's not bad at all. Also, Magikarp being so weak is actually representative of an old legend that if a carp were to leap over a castle wall, it would become a dragon. Hence, Magikarp evolves into Gyarados. All this talk about Magikarp made me decide to make Magikarp the Pokemon of the Week.

New topic: Which of the original 151 do you think has done best to maintain popularity in the current generation?
First of all, Pikachu is obvious. But, Meowth also has done well to maintain popularity, due to the anime. Other than those from the anime though, Dragonite seems to be rather popular still, and it's found all over the Gen V metagame.

Nepse

Dragonite<3
Years
Username: Nepse
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Dragonite
Partner Pokemon: Dragonite the Dragonite

EDIT: Indigo Plateau

Last edited:

Nepse

Dragonite<3
Years
Sorry :(

Username: Nepse
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Dragonite
Partner Pokemon: Dragonite the Dragonite

Indigo Plateau
Poll: Yes

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
That's better. Welcome, Nepse! Please try to stay active in the club as best you can. You may have noticed that we have an event taking place in this club right now. Sign-ups are still open, so if you want to join, check the first post for the rules, then post indicating you would like to join.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Also, Magikarp being so weak is actually representative of an old legend that if a carp were to leap over a castle wall, it would become a dragon. Hence, Magikarp evolves into Gyarados. All this talk about Magikarp made me decide to make Magikarp the Pokemon of the Week.

Maybe you were talking about a carp leaping over a waterfall in order to become a dragon. I think that was the folklore where Magikarp => Gyarados was based upon.

On topic:

Pikachu and Meowth certainly retained their popularity, being the two mascots of the Pokemon Anime (Pikachu does it better since it has more exposure). Dragonite had not retained popularity. It has regained what was once lost (he was outmatched by garchomp and Salamence once)

Competitively, i think Gengar still retains the top one for me who regained popularity. Despite many changes in the metagame, with Snorlax and Zapdos being sent to the depths of UU, Gengar still managed to possess such threat, with its many immunities.

Also, with the new Wish mechanics, Vaporeon also holds another spot in the OU as a great support member, with access to Wish, Baton Pass, Substitute, Scald, and many more.

And finally, Starmie, along with Gengar, had been in the OU since they first came out, making the two the most veteran of all Pokemon in the OU. His access to BoltBeam plus Recover is a force to be reckoned with. Also, he is a good Rapid Spinner, blowing away all entry hazards set up by the opponent. And also a good revenge killer with Hydro Pump.

and welcome Nepse!

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
You're definitely right about Starmie. It remains one of the most common revenge killers in the metagame. Also, Ninetales, what with gaining the DW ability Drought, its popularity has brought it from NU all the way up to OU. The same applies to Alakazam, having acquired the DW ability Magic Guard, makes it frequently appear in Sandstorm and Hail teams. DW abilities have revived the popularity of many Pokemon, including the aforementioned Dragonite.

Years
Sorry i've been so inactive. Haven't really had the internet for the past 2 weeks. This club has really kicked off since i've last been on it huh?

Anywho on topic.

If it wasn't for the DW abilities most of 151 have, i doubt many of them would be used in Competitive battling or even just gameplay of Black and White.

Granted i haven't played White since July, been going for the more nostalgic non abilities games where you can attack a Pikachu without fear of getting paralyzed or using ground moves against Magneton. Those were the days where you just blarg anything in your way with no fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back