The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > PC Events > Halloween Haunt & Planning 2010

Notices

Halloween Haunt & Planning 2010 Archives ahoy!

Old October 22nd, 2010, 07:56 PM
Forever
let it go

Kay, any of you can give your opinions on this and not just Corruptodile! Soo...

Quote:
Day 1: Name Pending: Take the creepiest picture you can to scare the judges, this can be of anything, but has to be scary.
Day 2: Spooks and crafts: Take a picture of something you created, or someone else created (man made) that is about Halloween - it could be a Pumpkin you sculpted, or a costume, anything.
Day 3: Name Pending: Take a picture of something that resembles Halloween best to you - whether it be witches, black cats, or whatever.
Was what we originally had.

Instead, now I'm thinking maybe combine day 2/3 and instead on the third day completely steal Hiiro's Pokemon snap thing and then have something related to something scary in Pokemon, then screenshot it and post it, for those without cameras but still want to participate in the event.

Aaand I was thinking abut emblems, um, Corruptodile do you make graphics? XD If not then I can do them and we can just do participation and one for each day, idk. Also judges, we should find someone else to help us judge.

Oh and, I can organise the first creepy picture one, then you can organise the crafts one, and thennn we can both organise the third one? (As in like, tell members which event is that day and then explain what they have to do) And for the day that we're organising, we can just announce the winners by the end of that day, or the following day, idk.

Thoughts, anyone? XD (And anything else that hasn't been covered?)

And.

Horror Photography - Winning Photo

Oh God what happened to that phone? <i>You</i> happened to that phone.

Horror Photography - Winning Creation

Your arts and crafts skills are astoundingly spooky.

Horror Photography - Winning Anime Image

Scott would like to invite you to his battle frontier for finding such a scary picture!

Horror Photography - Participant

Thank you for participating in this scaaaary event.

Last edited by Forever; November 7th, 2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old October 23rd, 2010, 05:01 AM
Corruptodile
Ma chérie, Je t'aime.

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Instead, now I'm thinking maybe combine day 2/3 and instead on the third day completely steal Hiiro's Pokemon snap thing and then have something related to something scary in Pokemon, then screenshot it and post it, for those without cameras but still want to participate in the event.

Aaand I was thinking abut emblems, um, Corruptodile do you make graphics? XD If not then I can do them and we can just do participation and one for each day, idk. Also judges, we should find someone else to help us judge.

Oh and, I can organise the first creepy picture one, then you can organise the crafts one, and thennn we can both organise the third one? (As in like, tell members which event is that day and then explain what they have to do) And for the day that we're organising, we can just announce the winners by the end of that day, or the following day, idk.

Thoughts, anyone? XD (And anything else that hasn't been covered?)
That all sounds fine. If your proposing that the 3rd day will be all computer stuff ( like graphics, Microsoft Paint, etc) then yeah, sounds great.

I can attempt to make an emblem, but knowing my graphics skills, they won't be that amazing xD So you might want to make your own and then we can decide whose is better and use that, or maybe combine them to include both our ideas.

What are your thoughts on judging? I'm thinking each judge gives a rating out of 10 for each entry that is sent in, then we tot up the scores and see who gave us the biggest fright

EDIT: Regards to judging, I'm thinking maybe a bigger number, as if we get lots of entrants, we may get lots of tie breakers.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 23rd, 2010, 08:00 AM
Forever
let it go

Mhmmm... anything Pokemon related at all that's scary. XD;

And kay, we both will make emblems!

As for judges... so we've only got us two judges? Yeah, we'll...go for out of 50? XD If it's large, lol.
Old October 23rd, 2010, 02:28 PM
Corruptodile
Ma chérie, Je t'aime.

Quote:
Mhmmm... anything Pokemon related at all that's scary. XD;

And kay, we both will make emblems!

As for judges... so we've only got us two judges? Yeah, we'll...go for out of 50? XD If it's large, lol.
Well we could do that and as you suggested in the first post, we could have another judge as well to help us. I think there were a few people wanting to help out but didn't get the chance to host events.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 23rd, 2010, 08:42 PM
Forever
let it go

Idk, I was thinking the last judge to be someone who knows a lot about photography, but I don't have that many ideas. XD; Maybe uhh, Captain Fabio for judge? Cause I know he takes really good photos from the last Get Together, so... I'm thinking him. As for those without getting a chance to host events, I'm not sure about their qualifications or interests, so yeah. D:

Any other ideas of people?
Old October 24th, 2010, 01:25 AM
Corruptodile
Ma chérie, Je t'aime.

Nah, not really. I just wanted to let other people help us out, the more the merrier xD Captain Fabio sounds good, but if he's unavailable, then I'll browse the Halloween thread for people interested in Horror photography and ask them if they want to lend a hand, ok? If there aren't any, well I'm stumped xD

Old October 24th, 2010, 02:20 AM
Forever
let it go

Kay, lol. Well, I'll vm him aaand ask, and we'll see what he says, because he'd be a great judge imo.

Edit: Kay, he can't judge because he's away for the weekend apparently. We need someone else. :(

Last edited by Forever; October 24th, 2010 at 02:25 AM.
Old October 24th, 2010, 04:31 AM
Corruptodile
Ma chérie, Je t'aime.

Hmm, ok. Sucks, but oh well. I had a look through the forum and saw that King! was willing to lend a hand to pretty much anything, downside is he/she admitted to having a lack of experience. Yes, no? I can browse a bit more if you want.

Old October 24th, 2010, 04:33 AM
Forever
let it go

If he'll accept, then sure, as long as he knows something about photography. XD

Oh and will we show comments we've made on the photos?
Old October 24th, 2010, 04:38 AM
Corruptodile
Ma chérie, Je t'aime.

Quote:
If he'll accept, then sure, as long as he knows something about photography. XD

Oh and will we show comments we've made on the photos?
Ok!

And yeah, I think that's a good idea, say what we liked and stuff. It also leaves room for constructive criticism? I dunno, sounds good regardless

Old October 25th, 2010, 03:46 AM
Forever
let it go

Any word yet?

Oh and stalking the art thread - we shouldn't allow people to take pictures of blood etc, either. lol.

Last edited by Forever; October 25th, 2010 at 04:04 AM.
Old October 26th, 2010, 08:53 PM
digi-kun
Hourai NEET

*Stalking* I don't mind judging. :p If I enter most my pictures would end up being trolls anyways. In addition, nica has a decent ability to contact me, so availability shouldn't be a problem.

Partner in crime and fellow singbot: the devilicious iruchii
Old October 26th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Forever
let it go

Kay Digi you're in, lol.

(I didn't know all staff had access to this forum)

If the other guy agrees, he can judge too. Sorry I didn't think of you first Digi! ;;
...I'm gunna do up some emblems and then try to type up a first post example.
Old October 26th, 2010, 09:07 PM
digi-kun
Hourai NEET

Though is this going to be a elimination-based competition or a general everyone can participate all three days and the winner of each day gets an emblem?

Old October 26th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Forever
let it go

The latter, cause this way we can have ~varying results~ or something.
Old October 26th, 2010, 09:13 PM
digi-kun
Hourai NEET

plus it doesn't have the awww, you don't have anything to fit this category. too bad D: clause. I like this

Old October 27th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Forever
let it go

Horror Photography
Watch for ghosts as you enter

Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all? Take a photo and you will surely fall... to your grave!

Welcome to Horror Photography, where you literally photograph your hearts away, muahahaha!

Information

Q. How many rounds?
A. There is one round per day, which means we will have a winner each day. Each day will consist of something different relating to photos as well as Halloween. For example, if you enter on day one, you don't have to enter on day two, but, since we won't judge until the next day, you won't know the winner until the next day. So, to secure your chances at winning, enter every day!

Q. What do the rounds involve?
Quote:
Day 1: I'm not scared of you!
Take the creepiest photo you can to scare the judges. This photo can be of anything, but has to be scary.

Day 2: Spooks and Crafts
Take a photo of anything you created or have seen that resembles Halloween.

Day 3: I don't think we're in Pallet Town anymore...
Found a scary image from the Pokémon anime? This is the round where you can post the scariest image you've found. This is for those without cameras, etc, and finding images should be much easier!
Q. Is there a time period in which the photos have to be taken in?
A. For round one and two, they can be taken any time, any year, it doesn't matter as long as you took it.

Q. Can we edit our photos?
A. Yup! You can edit them as much as you want, as long as you post your original stock/photo.

Q. Who are the judges?
A. The judges are digi-kun, Corruptodile and Forever.

Q. What is the judging criteria?
A. Relevance to the theme, picture appeal and colour scheme. Along with the other basic judging criteria.

Users who are missing their heads have won

x
x
x

Other

Any questions?

^ Opinions on opening post...?

Last edited by Forever; October 28th, 2010 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Fixing up grammar, etc.
Old October 27th, 2010, 05:14 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
*pops in randomly to give 2 cents* Looks decent to me - just wondering if you allow people to 'edit' their photos, as I recall that being mentioned in the OP of the GT photography contest? (Or am I just crazy? You decide!)

Oh and
Quote:
Take the creepiest picture you can to scare the judges, this can be of anything, but has to be scary.
Seems a bit of a run-on sentence to me (could say stop at 'judges' and make a new sentence there).
Quote:
For example, if you enter on day one, you don't have to enter on day to, but, since we won't judge until the next day
two

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old October 27th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Forever
let it go

Thank you for proof-reading. XD;;
/hadn't done so lol

I'll correct those issues when the thread is finally made. Editing? Sure, since we're going for the effect of horror, or to "scare" people, use editing techniques as much as possible, while still making the photo realistic - and post stock too. We can also judge whether it is realistic, since I think that's important if editing is allowed.

Edit: <-- possible winner emblem?

Last edited by Forever; October 28th, 2010 at 08:55 AM.
Old October 29th, 2010, 04:34 AM
digi-kun
Hourai NEET

I always have that Graham Cracker Prison i have in my profile that we could use as an emblem for arts and crafts XD
I think a "scary" emblem would make more sense, but it definitely works.

Oh god what happened to that phone? You happened to that phone.

Last edited by digi-kun; October 29th, 2010 at 08:34 AM.
Old November 7th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Forever
let it go

Horror Photography - Winning Photo

Oh God what happened to that phone? <i>You</i> happened to that phone.

Horror Photography - Winning Creation

Your arts and crafts skills are astoundingly spooky.

Horror Photography - Winning Anime Image

Scott would like to invite you to his battle frontier for finding such a scary picture!

Horror Photography - Participant

Thank you for participating in this scaaaary event.

y/y?

Last edited by Forever; November 7th, 2010 at 10:27 PM.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links