• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Anime Chat Café

Years
I think it's interesting that Rowlet's beige feathers have been darkened a little in the anime art. The next question is, will that leaked episode list end up being true?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I wish I had taken a screenshot of the list. So that we could compare them when the time comes. I think the first episode was something like

"Team Flare Success" or something.

Years
Anyways, it appears Ash will get captured by Team Flare in an upcoming episode and his companions have to save him. Very interesting to see the anime take such a dark turn like this.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Anyways, it appears Ash will get captured by Team Flare in an upcoming episode and his companions have to save him. Very interesting to see the anime take such a dark turn like this.

That would be nice for a change.I would see Braxian Evolving in these episodes if that is the case. I wonder if Serena will have the same power, but I am doubting it.

If Serena battles with Greninja and Pancham, Pancham may also evolve. Really the only pokemon I can see evolving is Serena's. Chespin may evolve once, since there is another Chespin now in play.

Braxian is the main one I can see evolving though.

Years
That would be nice for a change.I would see Braxian Evolving in these episodes if that is the case. I wonder if Serena will have the same power, but I am doubting it.

If Serena battles with Greninja and Pancham, Pancham may also evolve. Really the only pokemon I can see evolving is Serena's. Chespin may evolve once, since there is another Chespin now in play.

Braxian is the main one I can see evolving though.

I don't think hanging around Greninja will be enough for Pancham to evolve, plus Braixen appears to be more marketable than Delphox which I likely suspect due to Braixen's appearance in Pokken Tournament, and there's the fact Greninja heavily outclasses the other Kalos starters popularity-wise.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Eh, Pancham evolving?

Serena's done. Honestly, I don't think her team's going to change at this point anymore. I also think that if her Pancham evolved, a lot of people would be outraged, lmfao. I can't see Braixen evolving, either, tbh. As I said, Serena's story is done.

Also, that pic of the Alola Starters is adorable. I hope the Alola saga proves its worth. (I highly doubt they're replacing Ash at this point; seeing Ash in that artwork with Mallow may or may not be how the anime will play out.) Mallow joining Ash might be interesting, since another newbie trainer girl would be boring.

Years
Also, that pic of the Alola Starters is adorable. I hope the Alola saga proves its worth. (I highly doubt they're replacing Ash at this point; seeing Ash in that artwork with Mallow may or may not be how the anime will play out.) Mallow joining Ash might be interesting, since another newbie trainer girl would be boring.

I am kinda 50-50 on this because I felt Sun & Moon's female protagonist had potential to be a new Ash companion plus it'll mean Alola will pull a Unova on us again by not only skipping the female game protagonist in favor of a Gym Leader (or what is Alola's counterpart, Island Captains) but also likely meaning Ash will get all three starters again which could make it the fourth time he has caught an entire starter trio.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Eh, Pancham evolving?

Serena's done. Honestly, I don't think her team's going to change at this point anymore. I also think that if her Pancham evolved, a lot of people would be outraged, lmfao. I can't see Braixen evolving, either, tbh. As I said, Serena's story is done.

No it isn't done. It isn't done until she is out of the anime. Blaziken evolved in its last episode. If Ash is captured, it will give Serena and Braxian to level up.

It the leaked list is correct, she also has another showcase or something which might just be for fun where Ash joins her. Aria's Fennekin evolved all the way. Aria is near similar to Senpai for Serena. So I see no reason why she can't evolve it all the way.

I am not trying to be rude, but your reasoning for Serena not evolving any pokemon is extremely weak.

And I really don't think pokemon evolving will outrage anyone. Hell they kept Pignite, and it was the worst out of the entire line.

And I really don't see the writers pulling another Unova. I think they understand that that was a bad idea. There is no reason to do it.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Eh, I don't know. I just don't see it happening, is all. Maybe her Braixen, but I don't know about her Pancham. What I do know is that she won't be catching any other Pokemon at this point, probably. If she did, she would have by now.

At any rate, I'm not sure how to feel about Alola possibly skipping the female protagonist again. She was cute and all, but didn't seem like anime material, imo. I seriously hope the anime delivers if Mallow is really Ash's travel companion. (Though, nothing is certain until proven, so.)

Years
I agree with Pala above. I really can't see Serena's team changing any further since she has no real purpose at the moment.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
oooh I'd really like it if Ash captured Litten, Popplio AND Rowlet! The final evo of Rowlet, if it turns out to be the archer owl, would be such a cool powerhouse for him. I could see him keeping Popplio as it is and evolving Litten halfway or all the way.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I'm honestly hoping Ash doesn't get Popillo this time around. I know I've said this before, but I want Sun/Moon to break the tradition of Ash getting the starters, as unlikely as that is. It'd be interesting to see that happen, honestly, but I don't think there will ever be a region where Ash doesn't get at least one starter. Guess it all depends on who's travelling with Ash. (If it's Mallow, it's Mallow, but if not, guess we'll have to see.)

Years
I'm honestly hoping Ash doesn't get Popillo this time around. I know I've said this before, but I want Sun/Moon to break the tradition of Ash getting the starters, as unlikely as that is. It'd be interesting to see that happen, honestly, but I don't think there will ever be a region where Ash doesn't get at least one starter. Guess it all depends on who's travelling with Ash. (If it's Mallow, it's Mallow, but if not, guess we'll have to see.)

If I'm right the starter distribution on Ash's team likely depends on who the female companion is because when it was a female protagonist from the games (May, Dawn, Serena), said female companion was a beginning trainer and got one of the starters while Ash got one or two, although two out of the three sagas where his female companion was an in-game protagonist had Ash only get one starter while the secondary male companion got the other, with Sinnoh being the only time Ash got two of the starters.

If Ash's female companion is not an in-game protagonist (such as Misty or Iris) he will catch all three of the starters, likely because the writers feel only a protagonist or character based on an in-game protagonist is most worthy to have the starters. We had Brock and Clemont getting one of the region's starters for both Hoenn and Kalos respectively, but I felt it was badly handled because Brock's Mudkip (now Marshtomp) and Clemont's Chespin got literally no development compared to starters owned by Ash or the female companion.

If the art confirms Mallow is Ash's female companion in Alola, and continues this pattern - Ash will catch all three Alola starters.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
No it isn't done. It isn't done until she is out of the anime. Blaziken evolved in its last episode. If Ash is captured, it will give Serena and Braxian to level up.

It the leaked list is correct, she also has another showcase or something which might just be for fun where Ash joins her. Aria's Fennekin evolved all the way. Aria is near similar to Senpai for Serena. So I see no reason why she can't evolve it all the way.

I am not trying to be rude, but your reasoning for Serena not evolving any pokemon is extremely weak.

And I really don't think pokemon evolving will outrage anyone. Hell they kept Pignite, and it was the worst out of the entire line.

And I really don't see the writers pulling another Unova. I think they understand that that was a bad idea. There is no reason to do it.

No, I'd say Serena is pretty much done for now. You can't compare her to May because May's character was far more explored, plus they had an entire extra saga to develop her. If Battle Frontier didn't exist I'd doubt we'd see Combusken evolve at all. The Kalos saga was meant to be Ash's story with the others intertwined. It's obvious based on the fact that Serena and Clemont have been limited to three Pokemon and haven't had their characters explored nearly as much as other companions.

Also a Pangoro is much harder to market than a cute sunglasses wearing Pancham.

However the Braixen evolution is plausible, BUT, it's doubtful.

Years
No, I'd say Serena is pretty much done for now. You can't compare her to May because May's character was far more explored, plus they had an entire extra saga to develop her. If Battle Frontier didn't exist I'd doubt we'd see Combusken evolve at all. The Kalos saga was meant to be Ash's story with the others intertwined. It's obvious based on the fact that Serena and Clemont have been limited to three Pokemon and haven't had their characters explored nearly as much as other companions.

Also a Pangoro is much harder to market than a cute sunglasses wearing Pancham.

However the Braixen evolution is plausible, BUT, it's doubtful.

You definitely have a point, because when you look at Dawn and May's big teams it's clear they had a lot of development as characters (along with their respective saga lasting four years as opposed to three) and due to being Coordinators, the Contest arc was very equally incorporated as the alternate quest alongside Ash's Gym Battles.

Best Wishes and XY have proven to be more Ash-focused, due to his companions having small teams of only three Pokemon (four in Iris' case), and while Serena did get well-developed the issue on why she has such a small team is not just due to the over focus on Ash, but also because she decided on her Showcases goal quite late in the first half of the saga.

Perriechu

Years
You definitely have a point, because when you look at Dawn and May's big teams it's clear they had a lot of development as characters (along with their respective saga lasting four years as opposed to three) and due to being Coordinators, the Contest arc was very equally incorporated as the alternate quest alongside Ash's Gym Battles.

Best Wishes and XY have proven to be more Ash-focused, due to his companions having small teams of only three Pokemon (four in Iris' case), and while Serena did get well-developed the issue on why she has such a small team is not just due to the over focus on Ash, but also because she decided on her Showcases goal quite late in the first half of the saga.

Yeah that Serena move was such a bad one. She has so much more potential than she's been given already but they messed up and didn't give her a dream until midway and her first Pokemon wasn't caught until midway too. I feel like that's because her dream doesn't really require the amount of effort like Dawn and May's did. They needed to learn how to battle too so training was mandatory. Performers just need to look pretty so there wasn't much they could do in terms of really showing her development for her dream.

It's sad because she's obviously going to train to be the Kalos Queen after XY. These last few episodes are going to Ash/Alain/Team Flare/Clemont too so none for her. I at least hope she gets to battle.

Years
Yeah that Serena move was such a bad one. She has so much potential than she's been given already but they messed up and didn't give her a dream until midway and her first Pokemon wasn't caught until midway too. It's sad because she's obviously going to train to be the Kalos Queen after XY. These last few episodes are going to Ash/Alain/Team Flare/Clemont too so none for her. I at least hope she gets to battle.

I feel the same way - I love Serena as a character but I feel the writers badly distributed her. The fact she's out of focus for the remaining episodes of Kalos shows how badly her arc was handled. It was also sour how she never got to battle much and every time she battled someone other than Team Rocket it was usually interrupted or never finished.

Given Ash will likely get a new female companion when he goes to Alola, I will at least be looking forward to Serena potentially tearing up so much at the thought of having to say goodbye to her "boyfriend".

Perriechu

Years
I feel the same way - I love Serena as a character but I feel the writers badly distributed her. The fact she's out of focus for the remaining episodes of Kalos shows how badly her arc was handled. It was also sour how she never got to battle much and every time she battled someone other than Team Rocket it was usually interrupted or never finished.

Given Ash will likely get a new female companion when he goes to Alola, I will at least be looking forward to Serena potentially tearing up so much at the thought of having to say goodbye to her "boyfriend".

Yeah Serena is by far my favourite companion and that goodbye scene is going to be hard.

With the battling thing I agree, she's never really got to "shine". Her closest was probably against Aria, she did it all on her own. There's the battle against Miette and James but she had Ash with her. I'm praying we get something for her in the final episodes. I mean, we still do have a ways to go, I doubt the anime will go on a break so maybe we'll get some nice wrap ups for her?

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Apr 23, 2017
OK.. Now that Ash, the main character since the beginning, has not won again.. I can honestly say that I hope the show cancels.. Worst idea ever to not have him win.

Back