• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen MANLIEST POKEMON EVER SHOWDOWN!!! GEN 4 EDITION!!! HEATRAN VS DUSKNOIR VS ABOMASNOW!!!

Eh?

• Heatran

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Dusknoir

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Abomasnow

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
I didn't even put Rhyperior or Weavile there, folks. They are TOO manly.

Anyway, y'all Heatran haterz, don't you know how insanely badass this Pokemon is? Don't you know this thing has great bulk and 130 special attack? Don't you realize how it can shoot Fire Blast and wipe your lovely Froslass (who btw is much lamer than Glalie xD)? You can say anything about how it's "useless and adds nothing to the game", but Heatran doesn't care, he's just too boss. By the way, Heatran can help you make your BBQ. It's the best option, no question.

But Dusknoir doesn't hold back, this thing is ready to bring you to the underworld if you mistreat it. But this is Pokemon, and it's just a game, right? Soooo how about that insane bulk that tanks a lot of hits even with Dusk's very low HP stat? Or that decent attack stat paired with an expansive movepool? Sounds good, eh?

And then Abomasnow steps in with its awesome, manly mega evolution, which you all call trash due to its typing (LOL) and speed (ok I get it). This thing is better than your Glaceon, and will Wood Hammer it away for the OHKO. It's even better than Froslass, since you know, 132 ATTACK. 132 SPECIAL ATTACK. GREAT BULK. Oh yeah, it gets Ice Shard to wipe dragons and even Swords Dance to sweep at late-game (psssshhh it can only do it under trick room).

Spoiler:

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
I've always been a huge fan of Dusknoir ever since the PMD games it starred in. I think it is really cool and one of the few ghost types i would actually use in battle. Plus, like you said, he'll drag you to the underworld! Terrifying yet awesome!!!

PS: Rhyperior is pretty awesome as well lol

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 4, 2016
I'd have to go with Heatran on this ! c:
When ya think about it, if it uses Lava Plume (even on Mega Abomosnow) it'll take em all down quickly ^_^ Or if it wants to, Fire Blast em all to hell! *-*
Nah but Heatran for the win c: Sunny Day and they all faint cX

Years
Am I really the only one here who likes Abomasnow?

It's very fearsome-looking, has a Mega, and it has two types that I love a lot of Pokemon of, oh and don't forget its pre-evo Snover is really cute as well.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Oh, this is no contest for me. Heatran, for sure! Heatran is one of my favorite Pokemon, competitively. It has so many x4 resistances it's ridiculous. Throw Flash Fire on top of it, and you've got yourself an awesome-sauce Pokemon! <3 Heatran

While I haven't used Dusknoir much in competitive situations, I am a big fan of its design, and it has one of the coolest sounding cries I've heard on a Pokemon. Unfortunately I don't have much to say about Abomasnow because I haven't used it much, but I do know that Snow Warning is a great ability if you're going for a Hail team :)

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
I pick Heatran as well. Although Abomasnow has the coolest design of the three, and Dusknoir has the best concept, I love competitive battling too much, so I have to pick 'Tran. It's versatile, strong, bulky and has decent speed, hence why it has been a defining part of OU since gen 4.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Although my username might suggest otherwise, I went with Dusknoir.

That thing is just too big and intimidating not to pick, plus I've always had a certain affinity for it as far as ghost-types go.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 10, 2020
I really like Dusknoir, but I voted for Heatran. Since, if it has to be about a 'manly', or in other words, an incredibly strong Pokémon, then it is Heatran. : P

That Pokémon is very destructive too. So, we've got to be careful when giving it the name 'manly' I guess... It might spread the wrong idea or something X D

So, if I were to pick a Pokémon which is more 'man-like', then it has to be Sir Dusknoir... He is a gentleman imo, lol..

Last edited:
Back