• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
Years
not sure if this is the rite spot, but i'ono.

is it at all possible with hacks? or action replays, to switch the "ability" of a pokemon in generation 5 ? or in any of the games

for example, to change it from Serene Grace, to Natural Cure?

also, not that i could ever find,
but is there anyway to change the name of pokemon who you are not the Original Trainer?
any kind of hack / code / trick ?

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2013
How can I change the starter place?
I tried to use SMEA but it gaves me an error like: 'Run-time error '339': Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a ile is missing of invalid"
So, I put this file on System32 but doesnt work :s

Have any other way to change the starter place?

Thank you!

pikachick1991_22

Growluvr
Years
Nobody has answered my question yet. I am hacking and playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team and I have managed to make Growlithe available as the player's first partner, but how can I make it so that instead of Machop, Growlithe is the choice for "brave" males? And how can I make it so that Clefairy, instead of Mudkip, is the choice for "timid" females? Thanks in advance for your help!

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
bump, no one looks one page under

What are the flags tied to Deoxys event, and how can I make it appear at Birth Island?
in other words, what's the flag tied at AuroraTicket event in Emerald?

I want to make him catchable in my hack, but I've messed with the script and nothing worked (unlike Mew event, which went on a breeze)

Complans

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
I tried to use SMEA but it gaves me an error like: 'Run-time error '339': Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a ile is missing of invalid"

Thank you!
Open cmd as administrator and type in

regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\COMDLG32.OCX

That registers it to your system.

hehe, this ^
||

Use YAPE to edit a Pokemon's ability/ies.

Last edited:

Jokuc

']['he Master of Horror Movies
Years

Thank you!

[EDIT] Oh.. too late =( :'( :'(

Here's how you do it. (For Windows 7, But you could try.)
Note! The Paths does not contain "
%Systemroot% is the Path to your system folder.
IF YOU USE WINDOWS VISTA OR W7 32-Bit, USE "System32" instead

Put COMDLG32.OCX in the following folder:
"%Systemroot%\SysWOW64\"
("%Systemroot%\SysWOW64\COMDLG32.OCX")

Here's the path I use on my PC:

"C:\Windows\SysWOW64\"
("C:\Windows\SysWOW64\COMDLG32.OCX)

Press the START button and then chose Run.
("Start\Run.exe")

Type the following:
"regsvr32 %Systemroot%\SysWOW64\COMDLG32.OCX"
(In my case it's:
"regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\COMDLG32.OCX"
)

Now you should see a message saying that the module is registered.
Make sure you are logged in as Admin.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If this don't work, try this:

1. Go to:
"Start\"

2. Search for:
"CMD"

3. Rightclick CMD.exe.

4. Choose
"Run as Administrator"

5. Type:
"regsvr32 %Systemroot%\SysWOW64\COMDLG32.OCX"
(In my case it's:
"regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\COMDLG32.OCX"
)

Now you should see a message saying that the module is registered.
-------------------------------
Hm it became a little bit too long lolz

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
It won't appear due to a level script. To fix this, make a script with:
clearflag 0x1AC
clearflag 0x1AD
and activate it before you get to faraway island.
That should make Deoxys appear. :3

Well, somehow it didn't work. Do I need to give the player the Auroraticket with this to work?
I've even tried (and then restored the backup after) deleting the level scripts from Birth Island, then creating a new level script with a clean "clearflag 0x2FC" (which is the usual flag for Deoxys), and still no results.
I'm using warps to go to the place, maybe there is the problem (?)

edit: if I use the GS code (4A99A22B 58284D2D), it works smoothly, but not within my warp (and yes, i've toyed a bit with that warp)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2011
How to add more starters?

In my game I am trying to make it so later on in the game you can pick a starter from another region like in HG/SS but I don't know how.So if it is possible could someone tell me how to?I would prefer to use ruby as a base rom but I will change to fire red if necessary.P.S I am not trying to sound demanding.

Last edited:

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
In my game I am trying to make it so later on in the game you can pick a starter from another region like in HG/SS but I don't know how.So if it is possible could someone tell me how to?I would prefer to use ruby as a base rom but I will change to fire red if necessary.P.S I am not trying to sound demanding.
You could always just make a script later in the game to give you another starter..
Or a sidequest or something.

Years

Thank you!

Since you're probably using Vista or Windows 7 and not XP, here goes:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6555302&postcount=1

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2011
Hey, I'm looking for a tool to edit the title screen of Pokemon Yellow. The one with Pikachu, etc. I mean graphics, but a tool to edit the sound would be appreciated, too.
Also, if someone could gimme a url to a site that has other Yellow tools (one that works, cause nowadays most don't work and if they do, they don't have much stuff).
Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2011

You could always just make a script later in the game to give you another starter..
Or a sidequest or something.
You see I want to make it so you meet a professor after you already have a pokemon in a town that allows you to pick one of his 3 pokemon.In my hack you start off in a small village(I am yet to decide the name but I am still only planning the hack)on an island called Uata(pronounced you-at-a but the name will probably be changed soon)and your Dad gives you a zigzagoon and he lets you choose one out of 3 pokemon he caught when he was young for your birthday after that you go on a boat to the mainland(which is called Atovan pronounced at-o-van)and you arrive in a village where professor Alder lives and if you want you can pick one of three(if four is possible I will definitely do four to make it different to other hacks)pokemon and as a test Alder makes you battle his co-worker.That basically somes up the introduction of my game and that is also why I need to allow the player to get another starters from somebody else.

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Well, somehow it didn't work. Do I need to give the player the Auroraticket with this to work?
I've even tried (and then restored the backup after) deleting the level scripts from Birth Island, then creating a new level script with a clean "clearflag 0x2FC" (which is the usual flag for Deoxys), and still no results.
I'm using warps to go to the place, maybe there is the problem (?)

edit: if I use the GS code (4A99A22B 58284D2D), it works smoothly, but not within my warp (and yes, i've toyed a bit with that warp)

Okay, but if you can't get the in-game event to work without codes, I suggest you script a new one. :3

Complans

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
Just.... when the auroraticket is given a flag is set, and when you go to the port the flag is checked and if it is it takes you to [whateverisle].

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
You see I want to make it so you meet a professor after you already have a pokemon in a town that allows you to pick one of his 3 pokemon.In my hack you start off in a small village(I am yet to decide the name but I am still only planning the hack)on an island called Uata(pronounced you-at-a but the name will probably be changed soon)and your Dad gives you a zigzagoon and he lets you choose one out of 3 pokemon he caught when he was young for your birthday after that you go on a boat to the mainland(which is called Atovan pronounced at-o-van)and you arrive in a village where professor Alder lives and if you want you can pick one of three(if four is possible I will definitely do four to make it different to other hacks)pokemon and as a test Alder makes you battle his co-worker.That basically somes up the introduction of my game and that is also why I need to allow the player to get another starters from somebody else.
I know, that's what i answer..
Just make another give Pokemon script then for the prof.
Just a new script like the one you script for your dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back