• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Underground

Years
For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, this should ring a few bells.

Sinnoh_Underground_Map_DPPt.png

Did you enjoy your underground adventures in the DPPt games? Do you find this network under the region of Sinnoh intriguing?

Last edited:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I really enjoyed my time in the underground - looking for shards and other items down there. I think the shards sometimes are like troll items, you think that it's a plate, but no... I also must have something like 16 Skull Fossils.

Years
..the picture rings no bells, aaah. Has it been that long since I've played D/P/Pt?!

But anyways, I loveloved this feature - it was addicting. I found myself going back constantly for fun so the items and fossils you could obtain were nice little added bonuses. I'd do anything to have this thing back in newer games.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I can still hear the music haha.

Spent many hours down there, mainly out of necessity looking for heart scales, but still. I always loved burying the gems and having them grow. I mainly held onto them though because I never wanted to spend what took me so long to accrue. Would love a 3D rendition of it sometime in the future.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I simply loved this feature, and was pretty disappointed to not see it make transition into future generation of games. :( My friends and I would go underground together and play tag, while also setting up traps here and there every now and then; it was extremely fun. Just like Flushed, I would also go there to collect Heart Scales, since it's the only place where you could get them without much trouble.

Last edited:

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I love the underground! Whenever I have some time, I would go down to my secret base just for fun and decorate it like what I did for my secret base in RSE. I didn't have any wifi connection though so I couldn't do the flag hunt stuff with other people, but it didn't matter because the good thing about this feature is that you don't need to have a connection in order to dig up spheres, traps or treasure. That's where all the fun's at! I'd spend some time locating, digging up and burying spheres, occasionally striking lucky on a fossil or two, some stones, heart scales, shards, or rocks. I got almost all the Fossil Pokemon using this method. I also had some fun setting traps for no one in particular because why not? Lol.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
i miss the underground so much... it was the highlight of Sinnoh. that map does ring a lot of bells for me, i always tried to measure where i would land underground from above so i could get all the ore for that day. though i could never find my way into the secluded area to the top right, it honestly evades me to this day. Now the best part about the underground was that i didn't use a guide to learn about it. This was before i had access to a search engine, so i had to discover all of the things by myself.

i wonder what the look on my face was when i found that 99 prism sphere in the ground, probably priceless

Years
Even though the secret bases in these games don't compare to anything to the ones in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, I still really liked the underground stuff and the secret bases in there. I always tried so hard to mine things and find fossils, mainly the Old Amber. I eneded up finding a lot of spheres and a few fossils that weren't the Old Amber. I also like it when I have friends underground with me using wireless communications. It's actually one of the only times that you can see other real people in game. I thought it was a special thing. Seeing their secret bases was also a neat thing, if you ask me. You don't even know how much fun I had with the traps, my friends would always run into them. I don't know how they didn't see the sparkle in the ground, but it was always fun to watch them go flying in a certain direction, or end up having to do something else. I wish there was more customization with the secret bases though, I could have (and would have) created something that was amazing. I guess you need the right accessories to make that kind of a base though.

Rabby

The Samurott Awaits...
Years
Haha, I loved it <3! Mining, decorating base, and much more ^^
Too bad it doesnt show up in any of the other games :( *saddy sad*
Lol, at least its not one of those irritating underground areas, bustling with wild pkmn n.n....

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
The Underground was one of the many reasons my playtime on Pearl is so high! I would be down there for hours, just digging away to see what I could find. I didn't have any friends over Wi-Fi to make full use of the Underground, but it was still fun to just see what was buried in the dirt.

I really wish that something like that will make a return.

Years
This was one of the best features the Pokemon games have ever had, in my not so humble opinion. You could sit down there for hours hacking away at stuff. XD And getting cool and useful items made it all worth it.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
Years
So much fun was had down there, pounding holes in every wall, sending people spinning all across the tunnels, crafting my underground lair secret base to perfection...
A shame we've never had anything quite like it since.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I thought it was a very fun diversion from the usual game. The mini game was very very fun and challenging. Getting the right hammer hits in the right or wrong place could make or break it for you. It could be very frustrating however if you were looking for something specific that you simply could not find. I also felt that the jewel things weren't utilized as well as they could have been. There' just wasn't enough benefit to getting them.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I loved the underground as it had the most addicting mini-game-capture the flag when on with a friend.
I always seems to make the wall brake when I was searching for the items in the walls. I did found about two fossils in my whole time in the underground.

Years
I thought it was alright, and it was nice seeing Secret Bases make a return from RSE, and it was especially fun searching for hidden treasures like shards and Heart Scales. But those blocks that get in the way of your digging were never fun to run into. =(

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
It was a good addition if you had friends to play with. Other than finding fossils and useful revives, it got boring after awhile without anyone else to play with. :p

Last edited:

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
It's fun. It can never replace the Secret Bases in R/S/E (<3), but I liked chasing around for flags and finding items and stuff. :-P

Back