• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Back to the Past: A Red, Blue, Yellow (and Green) Roleplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
OOC: You guys can take over the battle. Like you said, each person must take control of their own battles. That is, unless it requires the group (i.e. Team Rocket) If not, battles would take far too long; probably more than 5 posts. This battle scene is supposed to be a real quick one, so try to do it in one post.

"Um, are you sure about that choice?" questioned Duc as he examined the Butterfree closely. "From what I've heard, that Butterfree has taken on Beedrill before." Then again, it was a fluke say trainers. "It just got lucky and used Sleep Powder, the Beedrill fell for it, and was a 'victory' for the kid." quoted a trainer in Duc's mind. Also,when the kid had challenged Ash, the kid used the pre-evolution of Butterfree, Metapod. Ash was crazy enough to use his own Metapod. Both used only Harden. That 'battle' had lasted for hours...

After some thought, Duc reassured Skye and Agile "OK, I take that back. Go get that little bugger!" (sorry for the pun!)

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
"Go Agile! Use thundershock!" Skye commanded.

Agile rushed onto the scene, powered up, and thundershocked the butterfree as hard as she could. The butterfree, dazed, fluttered around awkwardly for a few seconds, and then prepared to attack with sleep powder.

"Wah! Dodge it as best you can!" Skye cried, and fanned away the strange smelling powder from her face. "Use thundershock again and see if you can knock it out!"

Agile raced behind the butterfree, and before the powder could touch her, gave the most powerful thundershock she had ever produced.

The butterfree hovered in the air for a few seconds, and then fell gracefully to the ground. The powder hit Agile and put her to sleep as the Butterfree fainted.

"So...erm...what do we call this?" Skye asked awkwardly, shoving her hands in her pockets, and watching Agile's lids close into a pleasant slumber.

"A draw?" offered the samurai kid.

"Okay," Skye agreed. She picked up the sleeping Agile, shook the Samurai Kid's hand, and started for Pewter once more.

Years
OOC: Wah! Where's everyone??? BTW, I posted recently on fanfic of Brock, Skye.

IC: "Well, that wasn's what I expected." Said Duc after the battle while Pikachu was asleep on his head. "Pikachu here must have had some of that powder... Oh well! No worries about looking after it for now!" Duc glanced at the horizon. Pewter City's lights were turning on while the sun was still going down.

"Oh great, can we PLEASE just go now?!?!" yelled Duc urgently. "I just gotta talk to Ash!!!" The Samurai Kid was waiting for the rest of the trainers to decide who to fight. "You know you can go now, novice. You've already beaten me, ya know!" Feeling a bit stupid, Duc yelled as he ran "Right! I'll meet you guys at the Pok?mon Center!"

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
OOC: woot! Thanks, Duc!

IC: Skye raced down the road to the pokemon center with Duc, hping the other trainers would catch up soon. She left her Pokemon with Nurse Joy, and then proceeded to flop down onto a comfortable chair near the window. She sighed with relief.

"Well, that was an interesting day!" she said to Duc.

Years
OOC: Sorry it isn't much, but heck, no one was looking at the fanfic, so I had to post something!

IC: Duc glanced out the window while the videophone was dialing. The moon was already out. He hoped to talk to Ash today. A Mr. Mime picked up the phone. Duc used the Pok?dex quickly and tried to ask for Ash.
"Hi. Uh, is Ash up right now?" asked Duc a little anxiously. "Mr. Mime!" replied the Pok?mon.
"Is that a yes or a no?"
"Mime, Mr. Mime!"
Frustrated, Duc started to raise his voice. "What's that mean???" Frightened, Mr. Mime dropped the phone and ran out of the kitchen where it was located. "Oh great..." muttered Duc. Suddenly, Mrs. Ketchum appeared, calming down the bewildered Pok?mon. She got to the phone. "Sorry to call you so late, but is Ash avalible?" asked Duc. "Sorry, Ash is taking a nap right now. Since you've called so many times, how about I call you back when he's awake, OK?" Duc eagerly accepted and told her that he's at the Pewter City's Pok?mon Center. Both hung up at the same time.

Pikachu, still asleep on Duc's head, was dreaming about a large apple tree...

Duc heard Skye and congradulated her. "That was a neat battle you did back there." said Duc. "You had that Butterfree going all over the place!" Duc then headed to the Pok?mon Center's main desk to let his Staryu rest. He was suprised to see another Nurse Joy behind the counter. Startled, he wondered if she was the same Nurse Joy back in Viridian City. She explained the whole story, that all of the Pok?mon Centers in this and many other regions were run by a sister or a reletive of hers that looks exactly like one another. Duc didn't wait to hear much more as he got a headache from what he just learned.
"Wonder how the other guys are doing?"

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
"Thanks," Skye said in appreciation. "I don't really have any pokemon that would do well against bug types except for Fury, but though Agile has a weakness against bug types, she's really strong against flying types. She seemd to be the most eaget to battle."

She returned her gaze out the window.

"I hope the others will catch up soon," she said softly. "I wonder where they wandered off to?"

Nurse Joy returned with Skye and Duc's Pokemon, fully restored to their best health. Skye called all her Pokemon out so they could relax with her, and get ready for the gym battle that she hoped would happen tomorrow. They watched the sun set quietly over the horizon.

"I hope we can check out the gym tomorrow," she said, smiling at Duc. She tossed her long blond hair over her shoulder, her blue-violet eyes shinning with contentment. "I can't wait to get my first badge!"

lex

PEEWEE!!! ^_^
Years
OOC:Skye got your mesaage Im very sorry.I apologize.Well, anyways here I go.

IC:"Guys!...Guys...."Lex waited for an awnser. Lex and Eevee were exhausted. Somehow they got lost in the forest and were now looking for the group. After miles and miles of walking in the deep dark forest,Eevee had spotted light bending through the trees.She squeeled in exitement. Lex was also exited and at the site of the light
he ran desperatly toward the sunshine.

Finally,they reached the city and ran immeadiatly to the pokecenter hoping to find his allies there. When he entered the pokemon center he was relived to find skye and duc there(hopefully waiting for him!:D)

Years
OOC: Don't worry Lex, we haven't left yet! Also, the sun had already gone down, so the lights were probably the city itself.
And Skye, I don't think that Electric types have a weakness against Bug types...

"Hey there, Lex!" yelled out Duc to the arriving buddy. "What took you so long?" Duc glanced at Lex's clothes and saw a few small branches and leaves. "Oh, lost in the forest, I suppose?"

Duc told the group that he was gonna walk around the Pok?mon Center to find more info on Pewter City's gym. Suddenly, he spotted Officer Jenny. "Hi there! Remember me?" asked Duc. Jenny looked with a suprised look. "Ash! What brings you back here?" Duc guessed that was going to happen, so he let Jenny look at him a little closer. "Oh, I'm sorry! I thought you were Ash. You are wearing clothes similar to his." Duc replied "Yeah, I get that a lot. I thought you were back in Viridian City." "Oh, you mean my younger sister?" Duc looked a bit confused. "You have twins and relatives that are identical, just like Nurse Joy, right?" "You got it kid!"

Duc then realized that she had mentioned Ash, so he changed moods completely and asked the usual questions. After a few minutes, Duc then switched topics to the gym. Duc found out that Brock was back, just like one of his buddies said. Eager to meet him, Duc started to dash to the door when he realized that he too was probably sleeping. "Oh well... lets get ready for bed, Pikachu!"

Pikachu still was in a deep sleep. In its' dream, it had climbed the tree and was eating all the apples it wanted. Pikachu felt happy...

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
OOC: So glad to have you back, lex! You don't need to apologize! And electric types are not necessarily weak against grass/bug types, they just aren't very effective.

IC: "Wow, Lex! It looks like you've been through some rough terrain!" Skye exclaimed, glad to see one of their companions return safely. She yawned, and stretched in her chair, her pokemon happily situated around her. "I think we should head to bed..."

She called her pokemon back into their pokeballs, and got ready for bed.

"Godnight, guys!" she called, before she disappeared into her designated bunk.

Years
Already changed in his pajamas, Duc cleans himself up before hitting the sack. When he got on his bunk, he didn't go to sleep immediately. He thought of what's been happening so far.

"Man, what a trip so far." he muttered to himself. "I bet Ash didn't have to go through all of this..."

Duc felt too tired to move his lips, so he just thought some random thoughts. *I expected to head off in this journey by myself, but luckly, Skye and the others tagged along. I don't know how I'd get this far without them. And Pikachu... it's finally got some friends it can be comfortable around with. Then there's Team Rocket... Butch and Cassidy did say that they were after more than just Pok?mon that time. I wonder what they were looking for? They looked very serious to me...*

Duc then dozed off into a deep sleep. Remarkably, he started to dream. He never seemed to remember his dreams before, but since setting foot on Pallet Town, he's been dreaming like a little kid.

In the dream, Duc found himself back in Cerulean City. He then noticed an orange headed girl run off towards Cerulean Cape. Duc quickly followed, but followed quitely as he didn't want to be found out. After crossing a bridge and a short walk, Duc saw the girl on the beach. She was staring out into the sea. The girl looked like she was waiting for somebody. Suddenly, a photo fell out of her pack she was carrying. Oddly enough, the photo caught an updraft. It flew towards Duc. He caught it in the air. Duc quickly glanced at it. It was a picture from somewhere familiar. This photo however had pencil and pen heart shapes over a boy, who apparently was the main part of the photo. The boy did look like him, but he didn't wear glasses and he had a different emblem on his hat. Duc was about to find out who that boy was until something woke him up from his sleep.

Pikachu kicked around in his sleep, knocking Duc in the head with it's feet. The tree in it's dream had fallen. Upset, Pikachu did a Thundershock at the tree. Unknowingly, it also did so in not-dream world, shocking Duc in the process.

Smelling a bit overdone, Duc woke up as well as Pikachu. A small fire erupted from the sheets Duc covered himself with, but fortunately took it out before anything happened. "Pikachu, how many times have I told you that you shouldn't eat apples just before going to sleep?" whispered Duc, hoping not to wake the others. "You know that apples cause you to have wierd dreams!" Pikachu took on a sad face, apoligizing. "Oh come on now. You were just hungry, that's all!" After a few minutes of comforting his Pok?mon, Duc dozed back off to sleep.

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
The sun started creeping up over the horizon, waking Skye from her sleep. She turned over and looked at the time...6:30 am!

"Oh, it's so early," she groaned, and rolled out of bed. She looked over at Duc, who seemed a little crispy this morning, probably due to his Pikachu. Agile was still snoozing, and kicking her feet as she slept.

Skye walked out to greet the sun. She let the soft, warm rays grace her skin, filling her with energy. Some bird Pokemon started singing in the trees, and she caught sight of the gym.

A guy a bit older than she was walking into the gym. He had dark skin, and spiky black hair, and wore brown pants, an orange shirt, and a green vest. She blinked a few times, trying to clear her head, and then he caught sight of her.

Skye felt herself blush as the guy's expression gave way to a drool-ish gaze. Skye smiled weakly, hoping he didn't think she was strange...and then she realized that he must, for she was still in her pajamas! She blushed a deep red, and ran back into the Pokemon center to change.

Years
OOC: Uh huh... Must be that fanfic!

IC: Duc was still sleeping when Skye woke up early that morning. Pikachu though inturrupted Duc's slumber and complained about hunger. "Boy, Pikachu. you're always hungry aren't you?" teased Duc as he rummaged through his pack on the wall. He pulled out some Pok?mon pellets. "Sorry. Looks like we're all out of apples for now." He said. Pikachu didn't seem to complain one bit and started munching away. Duc then noticed that there were a bunch of apple cores where the fruit used to be. "Pikachu must have had a late night snack..."

Duc noticed that Skye had run back into the room. "Hey, what's the matter?" asked Duc. He waited for a response when he suddenly saw a figure through the doors. He was unsure of the person, so he walked out the Pok?mon Center. The doors opened automatically when Duc noticed that it was one of Ash's long time buddies.

"Brock?!?!" Duc startled. "He's here now?!?! I gotta get my recorder!" He ran back to retrieve his electronic equipment from his clothes. When he did finally get the recorder free from the clutches of his jeans, he ran back out, hoping that he could interview him. Unfortunately for Duc, Brock had already gone away from the Center's view. "Aw man! Missed another one!!!" Duc dragged himself back in the Pok?mon Center and slumped himself back in bed.

Too bad Pikachu was there at the same time! When Duc slammed his body at the bed, Pikachu and its pellets went flying. Angry, Pikachu zapped Duc once again.

Duc was far too tired from running back and forth to even complain.

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
Skye plopped down onto a chair, now in her day time clothes. Her face was still a deep red, and she looked at Duc in embarassment.

"You see...erm...that guy? Yeah...I was in my pajamas, and..." she trailed off as Duc's Pikachu electrafied him once more. She was quiet for a few moments. "He's this city's gym leader...isn't he?"

lex

PEEWEE!!! ^_^
Years
IC:"Woah!"Lex yawned in amazement at the sight of the bright yellow of Pikachu's thundershock. He rised up from the bed and Eevee remained sleeping.

"Eevee come on we have to go!"Yelled Lex who was a bit grumpy. "Im sorry Eevee, Im a bit grumpy"Lex apoligized.

Lex immeadialy put on his close making sure not to be left back. The group walked out the door and Lex followed,Eevee comfortably layed on his head still sleepy.

Eco-Mono

LWH Director
Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2009
OOC: Gah, just haven't been finding time to post. I'll try to be more regular, don't worry.

IC:
The three were met outside by Peter, with all of his gear and looking only a little tired. "I suppose we got split up again," explained Peter. "It took a little time convincing that crazy Samurai Kid that I wasn't a trainer. But we got through eventually... I got a room in one of those Motel 6 places because the Center was closed. Took a nasty bite out of my funds though. Good thing I can get some Pok?mon food on the cheap in this town."

"Cater, caterpie?" commented Capie, pointing to (rather singed) Duc. "I dunno," responded Peter. He turned to Duc. "So, Capie here wants to know... what happened to ya?"

Years
OOC:Hey Skye, I've finally finished your other fanfic, and I've got to say. I'm VERY impressed! Look it up for my comments. You guys should read both her fanfics. They're great!

IC:"Took ya long enough!" Duc said. "You didn't get lost like Lex did, did ya? Anyways, first time Pikachu zapped me, it was when I was talking to the Samurai Kid. Then, there was it's bad dream. Most recent was when Pikachu was on the bed I slammed in. Yeah, it's normal."

Duc combed his hair out so that the hair wouldn't stand out anymore. "Man, I've gotta get Brock to tell me all about Ash!" he muttered to himself. He wanted to call the Ketchum residence, but he'd know it'll be rude to call so early in the morning. Besides, Mrs. Ketchum did say she'd call the Pok?mon Center when he does get up.

Pikachu, still mad about losing its breakfast, tugged at Duc's jeans. "Fine. Let's eat some breakfast at the Pok?mon Center's Caf?teria before we head out."

Last edited:

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
The group enjoyed a breakfast at the Poke Center, glad to be in each other's company once more. Once they were finished, they headed to the gym, and Skye was immediately embarassed to find Brock was the guy who had seen her this morning....

OOC: More later I promise!

lex

PEEWEE!!! ^_^
Years
IC:At the sight of Brock,once we entered the Gym,Skye started to blush in a deep red. Lex giggled a little. Lex noticed that Duc was a bit eager to talk to Brock (must have been something about ash )Lex thought. Lex was also a bit eager to get the battle going because it was his first gym battle.

OOC:Did I power play?Im not sure if i took over ducs character.Ill be writing more soon...

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
OOC: I don't think you power played at all, but I'll leave that up to Duc! Nice to have you all back!! P.S. I know it may seem like I'm a little conceited when it comes to Brock being all googly at my char, but if you read my fanfic (thanks, Duc!) I think you'll understand the humor behind it....hehe.....

IC: "Wow, guys...I'm so nervous!" Skye exclaimed.

She was facing her friends, and had her back towards Brock. When she turned around to challenge him, he had gone all googly-eyed at her. She sweatdropped uncomfortably.

"Is he going to look like that the whole time?" she asked nervously. "Maybe one of you guys should challenge him first?"

Agile sweatdropped also, not looking too fond of Brock at all. She cleared her throat, and gained her composure, and waited for Duc, lex or Peter to make their challenge.

lex

PEEWEE!!! ^_^
Years
IC:"Im certiantly ready!"yelled Lex eager and ready to battle. Brock, being Gymleader, of course accepted his challenge.

"Ok!I'll start off by using Geodue!Geodude Goo!"he said ready and prepared to battle.

"Eevee are you ready?"asked Lex. Eevee responded with a growl of terror meaning he was ready.

lex attacked first. "Ok Eevee tackle!"Lex commanded. Not noticing that this pokemon was rock,Eevee bashed right against him and fell in pain."Oh No!"Lex screamed in terror. But,the Eevee managed to get up. Lex quickly thought of a strategy to take this hard headed pokemon down.

"Ok!Eevee use sandattack!"Lex commanded. Eevee kicked up sand from the ground wich soon blinded the Geodude. "Comeon this is our chance,use the hardest tackle you have!"Eevee fully charged his tackle and headed head first to geodude. The geodude fell in pain and tried to get up but at the moment fainted.

"Very good!"Brock exclaimed surprised at the power the Eevee had unleashed.

"Now I shall release Onix!"He said as a huge enourmous pokemon appeared from within the pokeball. His size was about Lex's Gyrados."Alright come back Eevee"Lex commanded."You did awsome and great!". Lex released His Gyrados witch was towering overhead somewhat like the Onix.

Lex was already exited Knowig that the battle betwen these gigantic pokemon was going to be facinating and intruiging.

OOC:I want to give my Eevee a nickname.Can I?If so I want it to be "Neo"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back