• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
Help? :(

I am making my own hack and I need some help with Advance Map 1.0.9! :/

1) When I make a new map (that is going to be a new route that isn't in the leaf green hack) and insert it, it transfers to Kaishi Village (my hack's Pallet Town) but I want it to be a new route that I can add to my world map. I have tried to make more maps but everyone is Kaishi Village [5.7 / 5.8 / 5.9 / 43.0] Can someone help me with this problem?

2) In the Header of all maps you can change name and music etc.
My header page has totally changed and I have no idea what's going on!
Here's a pic: h**p://uppix.net/f/7/0/b0ea1f00445261621c6486e4b524c.png

Exchange the ** with tt :)

Can someone please help me, I would love you if you could <3
//Ayaka

MayanMan2012

Pokemon Dawn/Dusk: Coming Soon
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2014
Hi, I received an answer here about the little pikachu at the top of the intro text. I got an answer, but it only half-worker.

Most of the pikachu is gone, but the top is still there, and I just don't know why. UNLZ-GBA has it all in one picture, it shows the full pika. But when I deleted the image, it just did this:

weirdpikachuthing.th.png

Any advice?

~MayanMan

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
Adding new text in Advance-Text?

Ok. I know HOW to do it, but when I go to create a new one, I make a note of the offset, add it to the character (a new one) in AdvanceMap, but when I go to talk to them I hear the A-button clicked sound and a POKEMON center door opening sound? Everytime I go to talk to them this happens?

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

P.S: I'm SO sorry if this has been posted before.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I am making my own hack and I need some help with Advance Map 1.0.9! :/

1) When I make a new map (that is going to be a new route that isn't in the leaf green hack) and insert it, it transfers to Kaishi Village (my hack's Pallet Town) but I want it to be a new route that I can add to my world map. I have tried to make more maps but everyone is Kaishi Village [5.7 / 5.8 / 5.9 / 43.0] Can someone help me with this problem?

2) In the Header of all maps you can change name and music etc.
My header page has totally changed and I have no idea what's going on!
Here's a pic: h**p://uppix.net/f/7/0/b0ea1f00445261621c6486e4b524c.png

Exchange the ** with tt :)

Can someone please help me, I would love you if you could <3
//Ayaka

1.) In the header tab, scroll up to the map's name. Open the box/ list of map names and select the one you want this particular map to be under. When you reload the ROM (Press F5) the map should now be under your desired name.

2.) It seems like you've accidently gone into the Professional Header view. To return to the regular header, you can either untick 'Settings > Professional Header View' or press Ctrl+H.

I'd suggest doing 2 before 1. Hopefully these answers help :)

Hi, I received an answer here about the little pikachu at the top of the intro text. I got an answer, but it only half-worker.

Most of the pikachu is gone, but the top is still there, and I just don't know why. UNLZ-GBA has it all in one picture, it shows the full pika. But when I deleted the image, it just did this:

weirdpikachuthing.th.png

Any advice?

~MayanMan

Sorry, I completely forgot that there more frames and animations to the Pikachu sprite. You can find the eyes at 346 and the ears at 2028 in an untouched FR ROM. Once again, sorry about that :3

I hope that greenscreen isn't in the game XD

Ok. I know HOW to do it, but when I go to create a new one, I make a note of the offset, add it to the character (a new one) in AdvanceMap, but when I go to talk to them I hear the A-button clicked sound and a POKEMON center door opening sound? Everytime I go to talk to them this happens?

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

P.S: I'm SO sorry if this has been posted before.

You shouldn't be directly copying the text's offset to the ROM as you are directing the ROM to the text for the person's script rather than the person's script itself. Text and scripts are very different within the ROM, but the game can't tell that.

A-Text should be repointing the offset for your new text and changing all pointers to match the new offset automatically, so you will never need to directly change anything in the ROM or Advance Map. Keep the script offsets as they are in Advance Map any everything should be fine.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
about the cry of the 25 empty slots

Here's my problem.
The cry of the 25 empty slots are the same as the unown cry.
In the cry table,if we repoint the unown cry,252-276 also be an unown cry.
But "Meomon 3rd+" solved this problem.
I had seen its cry table,begin from 0x452784,different from FireRed
But I found no other,so I still don't know how can I solve the question.
who can help me?

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2013
I'm sorry if i'm asking a question that maybe already here.. but really..

how do you change the battle background?

I just need that "grass background" from hgss.. because it looks cool..

Please someone teach me step by step..
and if possible.. give some screenshot too

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
Thanks DrFuji...

I got another question... I am making a meadow which is going to be a own "route"
All routes have like this:
ROUTE 3 [6.3]
ROUTE 3 [6.4] (for example)
When I make a new map I need to insert it to a Route, cave or city but I want a very own map which is named ?? Meadow like this:
?? Meadow [6.8]
?? Meadow [6.9]

Is this possible?

Thanks DrFuji...

I got another question... I am making a meadow which is going to be a own "route"
All routes have like this:
ROUTE 3 [6.3]
ROUTE 3 [6.4] (for example)
When I make a new map I need to insert it to a Route, cave or city but I want a very own map which is named ?? Meadow like this:
?? Meadow [6.8]
?? Meadow [6.9]

Is this possible?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
I'm sorry if i'm asking a question that maybe already here.. but really..

how do you change the battle background?

I just need that "grass background" from hgss.. because it looks cool..

Please someone teach me step by step..
and if possible.. give some screenshot too

h**p://w*w.pokecommunity.c*m/showpost.php?p=6007474&postcount=15663
has a step by step guide, though you'll have to learn to rip the bgs from a hgss rom or get it somewhere else coz its not included in his post

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2013
Ride Bike Over Water without Gameshark ?

well.. actually i've done it myself yesterday LOL..
but still.. thanks jhay21 :)

i've got another question now..

For Pokemon Fire Red
I know that there are a cheat or gamesharkthat can make you...
ride bike over water !

The question is..

Is it possible to do that without cheat but hack it from the rom ?

if so.. can someone tell me how ?

here are the "gameshark" code

Spoiler:

bryan_e09

Da hell
Years
can i ask something? im on a hack project right now and im in trouble..

1. Where can i find a tool for editing the pokedex entry of a pokemon in GSC?
2. Is there a tool to edit the pokemon movesets, learnable moves and evolution in GSC?
3. How can i insert a new picture of the HIRO in GSC? (I have already inserted the backpic>thanks to mateo's tutorials)

i badly needed the tools.. i;ve searched all over google and other sites including this but there's nothing i've found.. thanks in advance..

Years
Since my last questions here, I have learned how to write basic scripts, yet I have run into a problem.

On all the youtube scripting tutorials, they click "Compile script", yet my computer won't let me do so. Is there a wayaround this (Like the option encode on the menu in pokescript)? I have tried to use encode with verious scripts, even ones that have been used by numerous people, and have worked.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
uhhm well do you have the poketscripts program in the right folders ot do you even have em? when you right click the rbc. file is there a compile option?

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2011
Here's a question that's really bugged me for quite some time now -

Is there a way to measure exactly the amount of bytes needed for a script in Advance-Map? Or do you just have to have a general idea?

Cyndaquil312

It's been 7 years... but i've returned once more.
Years
Bothersome Gate Houses

I'm having an issue with a Gate House, every time I enter it, the screen goes black and the game freezes... Here's the specifics...

I'm working on a Hack using Fire Red rom. no special tilesets, and no scripts have been altered (yet).

I've connected route 1(running east and west) and route 2 (running north and south) together using the gate house that allows you to bypass Viridian Forest, (the one where you get the flash HM in the normal game).

I've tried using map connections, without map connections, resetting the warps, everything I could think of, but nothing seems to work.

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
What are the potential consequences of increasing the block amount of the secondary tileset?

Well, a possibility is that the tileset gets increased. Not much can go wrong, just keep an eye out for any oddities that may occur (I experienced one or 2 things), but they can be easily fixed as and when the time comes, so just ask if you need help with that (especially in Ruby), such as one of the tilesets going blank. All that's needed is a reload of the Picture and the Blocks if you already saved them, and that fixes that.

Whispeon

Newfound Ghosttype Eeveelution
Years
I'm using Pokéscript and started on a hack. Here is the starter script:

#org $start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1200
if 0x01 goto $again
message $talk
$talk 1 = ... \p...Calm down... \p...Stop shaking... \p...Everything will be okay... \p...Nothing bad will happen... \p...Trust me... \p... \p...Could you do that for me? \pCan you trust me? \p... \p...Thank you... \p...You are very brave... \p... \p...Come...
boxset 6
applymovement 0xFF $outofway
$outofway 1 ; #binary 0x17 0x03 0xFE
pausemove 0x0000
applymovement 1 $come
$come 1 ; #binary 0x15 0x15 0xFE
pausemove 0x0000
applymovement 0xFF $fix
$fix 1 ; #binary 0x18 0x00 0xFE
pausemove 0x0000
applymovement 1 $go
$go 1 ; #binary 0x15 0x18 0x18 0x18 0x18 0x15 0x15 0x15 0x15 0x15 0x15 0x15 0x15 0x15 0x15 0x15 0x18 0x02
applymovement 0xFF $fllw
$fllw 1 ; #binary 0x15 0x18 0x18 0x18 0x18 0x15 0x15 0x15 0x15 0x15 0x15 0x15 0x15 0x15 0x15 0x15 0x03
pausemove 0x0000
message $cont
$cont 1 = ...Please... \p...Use this...
boxset 6
givepokemon 10 5 0x86
fanfare 0x13E
message $got
$got 1 = \v\h01 received the CATERPIE!
boxset 4
waitfanfare
pause 0x30
setflag 0x828
setflag 0x829
message $kepgoin
$kepgoin 1 = ... \p...Use these to catch Pokémon...
boxset 6
giveitem 0x04 0x05
message $finish
$finish 1 = ... \p...And these for healing...
boxset 6
giveitem 0x8B 0x05
message $done
$done 1 = ... \p...Please... \p...Go...
boxset 6
applymovement 0xFF $advance
$advance 1 ; #binary 0x17 0x03 0xFE
applymovement 1 $push
$push 1 ; #binary 0x17 0xFE
pausemove 0x0000
message $final
$final 1 = ...There is no time to waste...
boxset 6
setflag 0x1200
release
end

#org $again
lock
faceplayer
message $final
boxset 6
release
end

You see, It's refusing to compile. Any other script compiles fine. I've even tried rewriting it (this is the rewritten version, that I think is better).
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2012
On my Ruby ROM, I made a new map of a decrepit laboratory where Porygon should appear like in caves... but I can't get wild Pokemon to show up.

My question is, how do I do this without putting grass in it?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
On my Ruby ROM, I made a new map of a decrepit laboratory where Porygon should appear like in caves... but I can't get wild Pokemon to show up.

My question is, how do I do this without putting grass in it?

It's to do with the Tile Behaviour. Open Block Editor in Advance Map, select your tile, and set the Tile Behaviour to the one which allows Wild Pokemon to be encounterable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back