• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Galactic Platinum [DEMO RELEASED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
Years
Well, this has changed a lot certainly since I first saw it, though you still have me in the credits, which I shouldn't be as the thing I did was just thrown aside. >->

Anywho, are you sure you copied the code correctly, as from what I can see I don't believe you have.

But if you have, try aligning it to the right with
tags, as this may be the problem.​

I stink at CSS - I will ask aquadan what i did wrong and see if he can explain better.
I'm playing through your demo and there are a lot of little bugs that mess up an otherwise awesome hack so I figured I'd post a list of them.

• Title screen makes a Charizard sound when you press A Wow first one to notice - I'll fix
  • You can overlap you bed when walking around up top I know thats a glitch that i forgot to fix
  • When you re-enter your house you spawn to the right of the doorway instead of infront of it and your character sprite faces the wrong direction Yeah... its fixed now
  • Door animations do not work How can I get them to work?
  • Excessive use of commas in Cypher's speech not really an error
  • Several tiles on Mythgurad Island are unwalkable even when they appear to be walkable creating an invisable wall effect I fixed em all
  • A few tiles that shouldn't be walkable are fixed
  • Your rivals sister and your mother both refer to Professor Oak (I assume you haven't changed their scripts)They are changed
  • If you return to the point where you talked to Cypher an invisable Cypher will talk to you and start the sequence again Ye its fixed
  • Spelling errors in the speech of the Grunt who gives you your starter + misinformation Fixed
  • If the grunt calls you back from walking towards the ladder you will auto walk onto him Fixed
  • Starter pokemon says Croagunk but is a Spearow holding a Persim Berry Fixed
  • You can walk under the ladder Fixed i think
  • The grunt disappears if you walk out of sight after getting your Pokemon I will have a look
  • First entrance and the exit for the cave are one way Wha?
  • Palett changes for grass when you walk through it I know I know
  • I assume the two giant G's are the end of the demo XD Thats not the reason they are there - G for Galactic
Remove the spaces to go to the screenshots http: //s737. photobucket.com/albums/xx11/Venn364/Galactic%20Platinum/ Doesnt work

Not really an error but it seems a little odd to have Professor Oak introduce you to the world of Pokemon. Maybe you could change the opening to be an instructional Galactic Video or something.
When you talk to Cypher he apologises for taking so long, the evil overlord of a ruthless criminal organization is hardly going to be that nice to a little underling

K - bout the last thing - That intro hasnt been changed yet - It is only a demo man - a very short one.
The geography of an area can change a lot after just 100 years, especially a place that is undergoing suburban development like Sinnoh.

If you want an example of this look at how countries like America and Australia have changed both because of changes in the environment and the actions of man. Water systems have changed direction, artificial mountains have risen and others have fallen completely.

Thanks for explaining.

oh nice fix, you should increase the height by 50pt. I have to scroll a lot, and there's about 60pt of space where text won't interfere with the pics.
Um... I really need to learn to understand CSS...​

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
Years
Any progress? I am liking this alot.

Well I have gotten the indoor tiles from Alucus and have been trying to insert but didnt manage so i may need a little help.

Also I have planned the next event, It is the first of the in-school events and is pretty descent.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I know I said I am busy Codec, but seeing as you haven't fixed it since yesterday... I'll have a look, if you want?

Years
nice screenies dude i am loving the whole idea of being a team galactic grunt. this hack should definately come along nicely

BR25

The guy who loses at everythin
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
This looks like a nice game
but im not into playing as a bad guy
but nice job though

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
Years
TIME FOR A QUOTE FRENZY!!!! O.o
Wow, this hack looks amazing! Good luck with it, I hope it finishes, and keep up the good work ;)
Merry Christmas (:
nice screenies dude i am loving the whole idea of being a team galactic grunt. this hack should definately come along nicely
Why thanks again
This looks like a nice game
but im not into playing as a bad guy
but nice job though
Dont worry - although u play as a bad guy - thats what makes it fun!
I think it's cool to play as a bad guy it's fun to commit crimes and bad things.....
hey harris keep this up man,great hack (=
Thanks pal :)
Yeah It is fun to be a bad guy b/c you can commit crimes and not get into trouble. Why do you think Grand theft auto got so popular.
Grand Theft Auto rocked, great example.
----------------------------------------------
Status Report:
The tiles are being inserted and mapping will soon begin - by this time on Christmas day we will hopefully have an awesome update!

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
Years
Update!

Its An Update!
Hey Y'all! I have a nice update for you!
The inside of the Academy is mapped!
And The first Event is scripted!
---------------------------------------
Anyway.
Credits for this update go to:-
Me - Mapping, Ideas...
H2O Turquiose - Inserting Tiles
Alucus - Making me some awesome tiles
NarutoActor - Scripting
--------------------------------------
picture3.png

picture2.png

Picture1.png

I hope you like :)

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Thank you, thank you :) It actually wasn't me, Codec did the tile inserting. I just did some touching-up. And I must say, I am pleased with the final results. Also Codec, you're using the wrong tiles for that... There are 4 walls in the tileset, right? 3 of them have an edge; one on the left, one on the right and one on both sides. Use them properly. I hope you understood me xD

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Codec, they look good! As for the wall... yeah, there are edges, and... If I recall, I inserted them without. IF you continued where I feebly left off.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
Years
I must say... PERFECT!
It really looks like Platinum ;)
Awesome job all of you :)
Thanks from me and all the other helpers

Thank you, thank you :) It actually wasn't me, Codec did the tile inserting. I just did some touching-up. And I must say, I am pleased with the final results. Also Codec, you're using the wrong tiles for that... There are 4 walls in the tileset, right? 3 of them have an edge; one on the left, one on the right and one on both sides. Use them properly. I hope you understood me xD

Thanks but I must admit, Deviation inserted that wall and ground because he offered to, then i inserted some, xmouvelianx inserted all of them but it was crazily messy.. I tryed to fix, couold'nt and gave it to you... so thanks.. And bout the 4 wall thing, Ye I know, but there werent blocks for that, I will insert those though.
Codec, they look good! As for the wall... yeah, there are edges, and... If I recall, I inserted them without. IF you continued where I feebly left off.
Lol, like i said i did, but then xmouvelianx finished with extreme glitchiness so H2O saved the day!

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Wow, great done, I'm in love with this already!

If I'm actually gonna download and play through this in a near future, I don't know, as I hardly ever do that (I'm a busy (almost-) man), but still, I can see some potential in this!

Work on it, give it your soul, and it could be one of those really popular ones!
^ This I say to a lot of people, but I believe there are a lot of hacks worthy of this comment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back