• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Showcase Your Work! - The Creative Media Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
It's soothing in a way...and also jazzy somehow. I like it! Try adding series of triplets to the mix to make it more graceful!

My interpretation of Lumiose City ^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2013
Ok, I've just started my new project seriously, so I'll be glad, if you could comment on it!
First of all, here's my recently created channel, so you can check on it anytime soon, as I'm still working on some pieces.
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U

Poke Composer, as I've named my project(yeah, original as hell) is my attempt, to rearrange cool pokemon themes with higher quality or even live instruments. Note, that this is going to be game-based, as I'm not anime fan.

As a young musician and multi-instrumentalist, who is trying to get on jazz university, I've decided to take on total arrangements of some great pokemon game pieces with a bit of jazz. Actually, it's hard to not make it jazzy, as many of those pieces are already in certain jazz-related styles(bossa novas, sambas, jazz waltz even blues and swing, all can be found there).

I also know, that some of my arrangements need a bit of rework, but hey, I'm still really working on it!

When it comes to my work methods, I mostly compose in GarageBand on iPhone 3GS, with connected my midi-capable piano to it. Sometimes you can also listen my live recorded bass guitar, at the moment, I don't have free access to acoustic upright bass :<
Note, that I'm trying to record every part of piece manually, on keyboard or with live instruments, sadly I'm not drums player, so usually I used some sample or write it on PC.

[...youtube...] doesn't work for me...

I've got slow connection right now and I'm not seeing youtube windows, so I add links just to be sure:

Pokemon R/S/E Rustboro City

Pokemon D/Pt Route 216

Pokemon B/W Accumula Town(updated v2 version!)

Pokemon B/W Nacrene City(still early version)

Last edited:

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
TheEternalSushi is back with basically THREE themes, guys!

This one is a 'remaster' of a theme created by a friend :)

This is my interpretation of Route 1 - the simple, happy route of the region!

This is my newest theme and collab with the famous ElectricMudkip for the Evil Leader theme! Enjoy!

Arron13

Calm, Relaxed, but Competative
Years
So my dream is to write music for video games. This piece that I started by playing the main lick on the guitar. It reminded me of Pyrite town from pokemon Colosseum and I went on with it.

This is the my first draft, not all parts are done and I just have 1 melody go through. It consists of right now a guitar trio but I want to had maybe a bass and another guitar.

All I really want is to grow from this so I would love some feedback about the song so far. How does it sounds? does it fit the mood of the game (just think of any sketchy town). what can I do to improve. I will continue to post other songs and this song as it grows. Thank you for listening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPQOQEovsbI

Last edited:

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
I want feedback on my stuff too, so I'm gonna give some to you.

But wait...the link is broken D:

Arron13

Years
haha sry about that. Guess I didn't notice. but it's fixed. I'll listen to your stuff more intently later on tonight and give you some feedback. What would you like me to listen too? just how it sounds in general?

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
the newest three up there. Yeah in general :)

Ooh that's short and simple. I like it! Wish it was a little longer with new additional instruments though

Arron13

Years
Thank you. Like I said it is the first draft and just the basics of the idea I had, I just wanted to get it out there.

I really do like your songs, I think they capture the mood quite well, especially the route one theme. It is amazing!

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2013
[ONE PIECE AMV] - MY LIFE

Hi. Please watch this ONE PIECE AMV. It's really nice done AMV ^^

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
So, I recently just made another remastered sequence. It's based on the Pokemon G/S/C Goldenrod City theme... BUT... it's using the instruments of the Pokemon DS games. It's not the HG/SS version :). It's the melody of the 8-bit version but with the instruments from the Pokemon DS games.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2023
Pokemon Piano Remakes

So I've been tampering with FL Studio for somewhere
around a year and have worked with different styles and learned
new techniques, but I was never that great with most of them.

I have, however, been making piano remakes of random
favorite Pokemon songs that I wanted to share and get
opinions on. I think they're pretty neat, but I assure you
they're not difficult to make. They're incredibly easy to
make, actually, if you have a sense of pitch and rhythm.
I like making them and they sound cool, but I wanted to
get some outside opinions on them. They're nothing special;
they're exactly how they sound. They're Pokemon songs
done by a piano and sometimes have a beat to it.

Pokemon R/S/E - Littleroot Town

https://soundcloud.com/cryptorithm/pokemon-r-s-e-littleroot-town

Pokemon R/G/B/Y/FR/LG - Route 1

https://soundcloud.com/cryptorithm/pokemon-r-g-b-y-fr-lg-route-1

Pokemon R/S/E - Wild Pokemon Battle

https://soundcloud.com/cryptorithm/pokemon-r-s-e-wild-pokemon

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been wanting to make a few tracks, but they
have a weird meter that I can't match with FL Studio's
standards without going through a tedious, unsure process.

Are they too boring? Do they need other aspects to them? That's what
I'm worried about. I want people to like them, but I feel in the back
of my head that there's nothing unique to them...like they could
use something that I don't get.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
Since I posted my newest song already, but didn't comment on the others (damn it was late...), I'm gonna do that in this post!

Fenne-Kun: Your themes always turn out well, but the Evil Team Leader song you did with ElectricMudKip was easily some of your best stuff! I enjoyed it a lot! The Route 1 theme sounded more like a city theme to me in all honesty, but I still really enjoyed listening to it!

Arron13: Your Sketchy Town draft piece so far is good, sounds like you just need to add a good main melody to it. Also just because I feel the need to say this - the heavy reverb guitar reminds me a little of the Tristram theme from Diablo 1/2
1.%20smile.gif

DJKniteX: I was hesitant to listen to your rap song, since I'm not a huge fan of the genre and I don't think I can give good educated constructive criticism; however, I listened to it and I can say 2 things for certain. Your rap sounds a lot different than what I've heard, and it sounds like you don't mess around. The quality and mixing of the track was great! That's all I can give you lol.

Cryptonix: Nice Piano covers! Did you record these via MIDI keyboard, or did you put in all the notes with a mouse?

Also It'd be cool if someone could comment/criticize on my Goldenrod City theme. Thanks all
1.%20smile.gif

I've also got a new enhanced/remaster! I just recently got a world instruments library, and as a test run I decided to remaster the Bell/Tin Tower theme from Heartgold and Soulsilver.

Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver - Bell Tower (Enhanced Remaster)
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2013
Darkroman, did you try to download some high quality samples, soundfonts? It's generally ok, but those strings in Goldenrod city on 0:27 sound imho too thin. Maybe try to set it octave lower?

Belltower is just in place, I suppose :)

I will appreciate comments on my music on the previous site too :)

In addition to previously shown, a small rendition of some Wario Land Theme, can't say now which one, it just came over my mind years after playing all Wario Lands on GB/C

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101889192/Pokezuo/Wariorando%20dodrio.mp3

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Long story short, one of the Moderator from the X and Y forum told me to post this music I made on this forum. So sensitive...whatever.
Uh... he was just doing his job as a moderator in telling you the correct place to post. I'd say it's pretty clear that posting a remix of a Trading Card game tune is not the sort of thing that fits in a section that's focused on discussing the X&Y games, after all.

Anyways, merged with the Showcase sticky as that thread is for showing off stuff you created.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
I sound just like bob dylan.

well, guys i have a video i would like to share with you. i watch this at least once before i start attack EV training. because goldeens are so nice.

NOTE: this video i would say is PG-13 if your easily offended, or under the age of 12 don't watch it.
(i hope to god that eleven year olds don't have PC)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlfWItAnl2Y

TELL ME WUT U GUIZ THINK.

Machinima. (if thats the correct spelling)

Teenage pokemon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm8csOyZunA
WARNING: F BOMBS. don't watch if your easily offended.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
Trying my hand at composing. Again. (God, why can't this guy shut up and stop making **** music?)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
Trying my hand at composing. Again. (God, why can't this guy shut up and stop making **** music?)

Wow... WOW! Bravissimo Controversial!! That composition is... beautiful to say the least! I really like it.. and I'm imagining this song being played with a full symphony, as there's definitely potential for that. It sounds kind of like it could be a character's theme in a video game, too. Someone who's struggled hard to be where they're at but manages to rise to the top by just a hair.

Shay-Shay: I love your remix of such an awesome theme. It sounds really clean! I love it!

So, I got a new remaster up... It's been a while since I've done a battle theme, and Cynthia's battle theme from Black and White is among my favorites! Have a listen!

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
Generation Red

Hi guys, I dropped this poké rap, Generation Red, where I rhyme through the world's first quest into the world of Pokemon!

Enjoy!
-III

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
So I have a few videos.

This has me playing violin. (I was 14) The song is Pirates of the Caribbean.

This is a short film me and my friends made when we were 13.

Four four music medleys I made recently.

and finally me and my friends English Project from two years ago, we made a small film about Romeo and Juliet. (as zombies)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back