• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Time Warp Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
updated adventure:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

draco53775

Master Penguin
Years
Update no. 2- The first badge (or naw). And I added new rules! I made it so that if all members of my team faint, then I will forfeit. However, if one of my team member faints, they can be revived.

Spoiler:

Current team- Lenin, female, level 12 and Tsunami, male, level 16.
Th-Th-Th-That's all, folks!

draco53775

Master Penguin
Years
Everyone, I'm sorry. I can't go forward, as my school work has crushed every bit of free time I have. I hereby forfeit, as I won't be able to play. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Draco out!

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Oct 25, 2022
I'm signing up for this challenge.
Username: BaalASystemLord
Era: Jurassic Jam
Game: Crystal
Challenge Type: Single game ultimate (Use one game to play through each era & version. Reset to a new save file for the start of each era & version. Example: When I get to "The Pirate Golden Age" I'll play through one save file as "pirate", then start a new one to play through as "navy".)

I have questions about the era rules. Are there any eras that don't allow the use of the daycare for breeding? I know it's not really a shop, but you do spend money there. Are there any eras that don't allow the use of pokeballs made from apricorns?

I started my Jurassic Jam save file at the end of August & it took until today to get my starter. I was trying to get one that had the highest attack. It kept being at 9 & 10.

I'm naming my pokemon in this challenge after creepy pasta characters, writers, & narrators in stories I have read/listened to. I don't have a lot of names on my list & some are different names for the same people, so the same names might get used in different eras.

My progress so far: Started Crystal as female player & after a long time, got my starter tonight.

Player name: Sally
Starter: Chikorita male named EylessJack
Stats: HP = 21, At = 11, De = 12, SA = 11, SD = 12, Sp = 9
Moves: Tackle & Growl
Held Item: Berry

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024

I have questions about the era rules. Are there any eras that don't allow the use of the daycare for breeding? I know it's not really a shop, but you do spend money there. Are there any eras that don't allow the use of pokeballs made from apricorns?

There's no resrictions on using the Daycare or on using Apricorn Balls, so you're free to use those ^^

Years
Finally completed Post-Apocalyptic Scenario on Flora Sky [Final] :3

Final battle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpIJcrhyKf0&feature=youtu.be

Final team used:

094.gif

Fluffy|Female|Hasty Nature|Levitate|Lvl 66
Hypnosis
Shadow Punch
Thunderbolt
Dream Eater
One of my favourite pokemon in this run - Why? Because of Hypnosis+Dream Eater - That was a deadly combination - Too bad that I couldn't find shadow ball D: It would be much better than shadow punch - ohwell D:

392.gif

Abu|Male|Naive Nature|Blaze|Lvl 65
Close Combat
Fire Blast
Heat Wave
Mach Punch
My starter - he was allright I guess + he really put some work in against elite 4 with that heat wave + burns but I guess that he could've been a little bit better.

214.gif

Hercules|Male|Quirky Nature|Guts|Lvl 65
Rock Smash
Brick Break
Megahorn
Air Cutter
He was my tank who could take hits and deal a lot of damage in return - I loved using him! He became a monster after he learned Megahorn and he put in a lot of work against elite 4.

078.gif

Thowra|Female|Impish Nature|Run Away|Lvl 65
Stomp
Strength
Bounce
Fire Blast
She was garbage at the beginning but she got really good towards the end of the game - but she only got a chance to shine in elite 4 - Mainly because it took her about forever to learn Fire Blast instead of Ember - which happened at the end of victory road when I was grinding my team up :(

514.gif

Rei|Female|Serious Nature|Blaze|Lvl 65
Dig
Bounce
Crunch
Heat Wave
She came into the team last but she was my favourite team member out of them all - she positively surprised me for sure [I never used any of the elemental monkeys before -I only used them in various lockes but they almost always died almost right after I got them]

024.gif

Nagini|Female|Bashful Nature|Shed Skin|Lvl 65
Acid
Screech
Poison Sting
Bite
She was just a death fodder most of the time :( Wish that I could use her more but sadly her movepool was just so limited =(

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 10, 2015
Username: Monsoone12
Game: Storm Silver (Soul Silver Hack Rom No major changes to game besides more pokemon.)
Era: Western Expansion

I am doing this with my friend dodgers3. It is a RACE between us.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2015
Username: dodgers3
Game: Pokemon Storm Silver (Hacked Rom meant for even more challenge for my purpose)
Era: Post Apocalyptic Era

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
Signing up!

Username: Phantomness
Game: Pokemon Black (randomized)
Era: Jurassic Jam

So I've randomized wild Pokemon, Trainer's Pokemon, and starter Pokemon but not Pokemon moves/base stats. I hope I'll be able to put together a team...

And so far, three badges!

<spoiler>
Well, the starter choices were Leavanny, Espeon and Jigglypuff, so since Leavanny is a bug-type that's my starter.
I beat Bianca's Jigglypuff and Cheren's Espeon.
I named Leavanny Alphonse.
I couldn't catch any Pokemon on Route 1.
On Route 2 I caught a Mudkip named Zareth and a Quilava named Albion and used up all my Poke Balls.
I defeated Bianca's Slugma and Jigglypuff.
I defeated Cheren's Hippopotas and Espeon.
I defeated Chili's Jigglypuff and Pawniard and got the Trio Badge.
I caught a Lillipup for an HM slave.
On Route 3 I used my one poke ball to catch a Tirtouga named Nodoka.
I beat Lenora's Archen and Monferno and got the Basic Badge!
In Pinwheel Forest, I found a Miracle Seed and gave it to Alphonse.
I beat Burgh's Munchlax, Leavanny and Pidgeotto and got the Insect Badge.
</spoiler>

Last edited:
Years
Well, time for another round. I gave it a bit of thought and decided to go with the same era.

Username: Pendraflare
Game: Omega Ruby
Era: Medieval Era

I started today, and have three Pokémon on my team but no badges so i'll save my update for when I get that in.

Years
Omega Ruby Medieval Era Challenge - Update #1

So I went with Torchic, and caught a couple extra Pokémon, including a Poochyena with Ice Fang, and a Seedot that I got to evolve into Nuzleaf, and a Shroomish. As you might imagine, Roxanne wasn't difficult. But I didn't even need Nuzleaf for her, since Ice Fang helped against Geodude. So yeah.

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
Omega Ruby Medieval Era Challenge - Update #2

So I arrived in Fallarbor Town since the last part. I caught some new team members and left some behind (at least that won't be on my final team). I used a Zubat to defeat Brawly, along with Shroomish (who got Effect Spore paralysis on Makuhita and made him way easier). Wattson was a bit harder, but his Magneton missed four Supersonics in a row against my Kadabra, haha. Also, is it just me, or does the basement in Granite Cave have the lowest encounter rate, like, ever? Team's looking quite good right about now. That said...

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
I'm confused about the Mobster Mania challenge. If Crobat and Honchkrow are mandatory Pokemon for their respective leagues, why is Flying a banned type?

Years
I'm confused about the Mobster Mania challenge. If Crobat and Honchkrow are mandatory Pokemon for their respective leagues, why is Flying a banned type?

I think those are exceptions and they're the only ones of those types permitted. They have Poison and Dark respectively as their primary types, if that means anything. (Where is Lulu? She's been horribly inactive...)

Anyway...

Omega Ruby Medieval Era Challenge - Update #3

I did more playing, and filled up my team. It's also great that both of Mawile's STAB moves can be learned so early thanks to Heart Scales... Flannery wasn't too hard overall, her Slugma missed with Overheat against Koffing and I 2HKO'ed it. Then I was able to beat Torkoal without many worries. Maxie before then was a real asshole, though. As for Norman? All his first Slaking did was use Yawn, and when his second one kept using Swagger I was able to have Gnarles come in and cut its Attack several times, and Mustachio survived a Feint Attack from him at -3 and that allowed me to use Reflect. It was a fun fight that took some strategy. Now i'm in Fortree City and have my full team.

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
I think those are exceptions and they're the only ones of those types permitted. They have Poison and Dark respectively as their primary types, if that means anything. (Where is Lulu? She's been horribly inactive...)

Lulu's currently struggling to live without internet for a while because the neighbour whose internet she's been using is away with work and hasn't paid his bill >_>(and I hate posting stuff from my phone xD)

But what you said there is correct. Mandatory pokemon are the only exceptions to any rules.

Years
If that allows me to post again...

Omega Ruby Medieval Era Challenge - Update #4

So...Winona proved to be alright to take, but there was a jerk Bird Keeper with a Xatu that very nearly swept my team. Tate and Liza weren't as much worry; Maxie's Mega Camerupt did cause a few issues but it wasn't anything serious. As for Groudon, I had its evasion lowered and when it rested I 2HKO'ed it with Ruffles' Focus Blast. And I got the National Pokédex.

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Username: Lulu
Game: X
Era: Renaissance

Expect a first post update sometime today or tomorrow. Going to go through the entire thread so I can keep track of name changes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back