• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever experienced losing a game with a ton of special Pokemon?

Meksal

What do you mean this thing is priceless? *Nom nom
Years
Has anyone ever had this happened to them? I accidentally ran my Pokemon White game through the washing machine, and it was destroyed, it had a ton of special Pokemon in it, i'm talking about an Arceus from an event that happened 3-4 years ago, an event Shaymin, and all that, I even had a shiny Crobat legally caught on HeartGold, and a level 100 OP Volcarona, I called him the Elite 4 smasher.

I screamed and screamed and screamed for days on end, taking it out and in, and out and in, anyone else do something this dumb?

Years
I remember losing my first Emerald cartridge in late 2005, which had all seven Silver Frontier symbols and a few other nice things. Sad. =( It was fun having it.

I also lost my first Diamond version, which I had played just for getting stuff to my Pearl version. While that wasn't anything drastic, it still sucked.

Thankfully I haven't lost any of my main games like Pearl, Platinum or White 2. Nothing to worry about there.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Back in Novemver 2013 I list MY ENTIRE BAG OF GAMES. 5 Gen 5 carts, 4 Gen 4 carts, Crystal version, Blue version, my 3DS XL, GBA SP, Pokemon X and Y (Which I had caught 3 shinies in), and Pokemon Ruby. All gone in the blink of an eye. It was horrible. I didn't know what to do and I desperately looked everywhere I could think of, and even called the Police Found Property department of the town I think I lost it in. But I've been slowly rebuilding my collection anyway.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yup; had the same, exact thing happened to me few years back. I've had my Pokémon Ruby cartridge in one of my pants, which I put into washing machine without realizing. :( Thankfully, nothing bad happened to the game. Though, it would freeze itself every now and then, and that was sort of annoying.

Elements1

Meh
Years
Wow I feel really lucky, I've never lost a pokemon game. Though I can feel the pain of someone who has lost must have felt. Sounds awful :(

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
I have been relatively lucky not to lose any important games, though i did lose a big save on platinum due to overuse of an action replay. I messed it up so badly with codes and stuff that it just was impossible to play. Not to mention how depressing it was because it had almost three hundred hours of pure grinding and gameplay on it too :(

Since then i haven't used my action replay that much, i guess i learned my lesson.

Bad Wolf Entity

The One, The Only
Years
Years ago I lost my copy of Pearl. I think it might have been stolen by the vacuum cleaner. It had every significant pokemon I had caught in the previous generation stored on it. I remember looking at that game with pride knowing I had some killer pokemon in there. By my current standards, it was nothing special. Back then, it was my favorite game and they were my favorite pokemon. I still miss it.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
The first time I lost a game was my pokemon yellow edition, I had gotten it when it first came out and me and my cousin who was in her teens at the time traded together all the time but I could never get past lt. Surge because I was too young to know how to read stuff and all my pokes were level 50+ when I lost it. To this day I continue to search for that game and think at night where I might find it even though I lost it over 10 years ago.

The second time I lost a game was when I still wet the bed, I had my gameboy advance SP in my bed with pokemon emerald in it and I would play it at night because I could hide it under my pillow and play it but wet the bed one night and forgot about it and it ended up in the washer and no longer worked.

The third time I lost a game was just recently, about 3 months ago I was going for a trip down memory lane showing off to my friends. I had my pokedex almost fully complete, I had caught all the pokemon you can capture in that version. My Feraligatr was level 97 and my FAAAAVORITE Magmar was level 100, I used Magmar to beat the Elite 4, 27 times in a row by itself. Magmar was by far my favorite pokemon in gold. Then I went to play my game the very next day and got the message that the battery had run dry and I lost every single thing. All 27 of my magbys, all of my totodiles that I had been breeding, my game had 700+ hours and I could not stop crying.

On an un pokemon related note, I have on two occassions deleted on accident Final Fantasy data. My Final Fantasy X save file had 900 hours on it and I accidently overwrote it with the start of a new game, and on my FFXIII game I overwrote my finished save game last week on accident with a new game.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
Years
My first FireRed game, I had finally managed to catch every single pokemon, like all of them, and then after awhile I left it in the car on accident on a really hot day. When I came back, it practically got so destroyed even the console was just... oh god why.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I remember having an R4 card with Pokemon Diamond on it. I had an Empoleon that was close to level 100, and I was busy completing the Pokedex. I also had Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time on the same R4 card. I don't exactly remember my latest progress on that one, but I think I had just defeated Darkrai and unlocked Marine Resort on that one. But one day, I had my sister remove an unnecessary game from this R4 card, and then my save files from all the games I had on it, including the ones I mentioned, just disappeared in thin air. And man, did I grieve over that loss.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
When i was younger a guy at the playground stole my Crystal cartridge. Somebody had seen him though, so i went with my mom to his house and got it back. Problem: He had started a new game, and i had already beaten the league and caught the 3 legendary dogs...

εcho.

The silver ninetales
Years
I lost my original Red game a long time ago. I was devastated, certain that I had left it somewhere while my family was on vacation. I had so many Pokemon on there that I loved and adored, not to mention an almost complete Pokedex.

Couple years later, my little brother happened to glance down behind our living room TV cabinet and there it was, sitting in dust. We figured the cat had batted it back there. :P

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
Years
I had a copy of Sapphire with a nearly-completed National Dex, and was in my friends' mom's car one day wearing a particularly baggy pair of jeans. It fell out of my pocket, and sure enough, his little brother found it and erased it.

Also, the save data on my Platinum got corrupted. I'd transferred most of the important stuff off of it already, but a few of my EV-trained Pokemon including my original Weavile were forever lost.

Back