• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nishi Region Fakemons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
well, if you want to customize them a lot more, start trying to change the position of the body. once you have a set palette to work off of, you can make just about anything you can imagine. for instance, #11 and 28... with those palettes, you can change a lot of things to the anatomies. you should first try experimenting on a different file (or if you use a program like photoshop, another layer). however, the most helpful thing you can do to customize your sprites from ideas is to draw.

Belzeebub

Spriter
Years
Update: Cleow is now done into a D/P sprite, though I'm not 100% happy about the result. Just want to say if anyone have namesuggestions for any of my fakemons (or even what the water and the fire starters should be) please telll me.

Belzeebub

Spriter
Years
Death Rogers: sorry but that is totally out of the question. Sure, it was a good idea, but "blatten" in swedish is another bad name for black people. So that is not such a good idea. :P

Jim

Dinner
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
Is there a place to upload that won't resize Images (Not Deviantart though).

Years
Is there a place to upload that won't resize Images (Not Deviantart though).

Photobucket and Imageshack, you have to register for Photobucket, but it's free and easy.

Belzeebub, I still can't get it so that when I paste the sprites from Pokemon Elite 2000 into paint, that the background is white. Do you have to change the settings to a certain way or something?

Also, what would you recommend for a beginning sprite, I have no clue what I am doing... :D

Keep these sprites coming, they look awesome.

Belzeebub

Spriter
Years
Belzeebub, I still can't get it so that when I paste the sprites from Pokemon Elite 2000 into paint, that the background is white. Do you have to change the settings to a certain way or something?

Also, what would you recommend for a beginning sprite, I have no clue what I am doing... :D

For the first question: I don't really know. It has allways been white for me, and I've never had to change anything. If you are working in MS Paint I really don't know what the problem is, since it is working just fine for me. Have you tried Print Screen?

And the second; I don't really understand the question. Is for the base? If it is I suggest you take some simple one, with the right shadows to start on, and without too many markings and stuff. Try Drowzee or Psyduck to start with, They have pretty basic shapes. Might be good. I dunno' :)

Belzeebub

Spriter
Years
But I think you can decide if photobucket should resize them or not, because it doesn't resize for me.

Update: Spindas evo is up. Not that happy about the name though. Ideas are welcome. (First post edited)

Last edited:
Years
I've got a Photobucket but it re-sizes Images...

When you upload the pictures they appear in your album smaller right? Click on the pictures there, then it should give you the actual size. :D

That Spinda evolution looks awesome, but perhaps to improve on it make him lopsided or something since he's supposed to confuse the enemy or whatever. But it doesn't matter it still looks awesome, I like the body shape too.

Belzeebub

Spriter
Years
That Spinda evolution looks awesome, but perhaps to improve on it make him lopsided or something since he's supposed to confuse the enemy or whatever. But it doesn't matter it still looks awesome, I like the body shape too.

Yeah, I might try that later. I'm not really happy about his shading and his eyes. And you don't see that it's a bambustick his holding on. Though I like the name now (the-boy-who-couldn't-decide-what-he-thinks).

And now for something else. I need some help. I have a 3 stage evo-line with "fire dolls". Right now their names are Dollight, Flady and Volqueeno. I don't like Flady, and I'm thinking about changing it. I just came up with another name for Dollight, which is Candoll, but I can't decide if I'm to name Dollight > Candoll and Flady > Dollight, or just name Flady > Candoll. Though I do want to name Flady something with Ballerina in it. Please tell me all your points or thinkings, or name suggestions thank you.

Update: New Fakemon; Whirlily. First post edit. C&C please.

Last edited:

Belzeebub

Spriter
Years
Sorry for the double post, but I didn't dare to edit the last one again.

Updated 1: I've decided the names of the towns and cities in the Nishi Region, and it's gymleaders. I will come with gymleader sprites soon. I've also decided all the dungeons and big "events" you have to pass through. This is the right order from start to finish.

Tulipa Town
Beginning town. This is where you live and where you get your first pokemon of Prof. Pine

Crysanth City
Just like Cherrygrove City, just a bypass town with to get started. Some rp events will take place here.

Dianthus City
The first city with a gym.
The gymleader, Sanna, is a psychic pokémon trainer. If you defeat her you get Visionbadge and TM04 (Calm Mind). You can also use Rock Smash outside of battle.
Sanna.jpg
nopic.jpg
Catsym.jpg

Gymleader: Sanna, Pokémon: Psyster (lvl 14), Catysm (lvl 12)

Blizzard Mountain
A mountain full of skiers and ice pokémon. Some RP events as well.

Papaver City
The second city with a gym.
The gymleader is a rockstar, known to the pokémon world as Starr. His pokémon are normal type but they all have something to do with music or noise. When you defeat him you get Tonebadge and Backstage Pass. You can also use Cut outside of battle.
Starr.jpg
dpmfa294.png
nopic.jpg
dpmfa441.png

Gymleader: Starr, Pokémon: Loudred (lvl 21), Waillaby (lvl 19), Chatot (lvl 19)

Campanula Town
Third town with a gym. The town is nordic/wiking inspired.
The gymleade, Hella, has a reputation of being a witch. Her pokémons are all dark type. When you defeat her you get Moonbage and TM66 (Quick Revenge). You can also use Fly outside of battle.
Hella.jpg
Wolnight.gif
dpmfa198.png
nopic.jpg

Gymleader: Hella, Pokémon: Enemolf (lvl 30), Murkrow (lvl 27), unnamed (lvl 27)

Nymphea City
In this city a special event will take place. Some sort of festival.
The gymleader, Walter, is a water type trainer. When you defeat him you will get Wavebadge and TM18 (Rain Dance). You can also use Fog Clear outside of battle.
Walter.jpg
nopic.jpg
nopic.jpg
nopic.jpg

Gymleader: Walter, Pokémon: Ocrabus (lvl 30), Barraycudo (lvl 28), Whalig (lvl 27)

Moon Cave
A special cave that is only open during night time. During the day It is flooded by water and impossible to get into.

Althea Town
The gymleader, Rosemary, deals with fire type pokémons. When you defeat her you will get Lavabadge and TM61 (Will-o-wisp). You can also use Surf outside of battle.
nopic.jpg
nopic.jpg
Tigerupt.gif
dpmfa322.png

Gymleader: Rosemary, Pokémon: Volqueeno (lvl 36), Tigerupt (lvl 34), Numel (lvl 32)

Helianthus City
This city has a paralell route that goes to Crysanth City.
The gymleader, Amanita, is focusing on poison type pokémons. When defeated she will give you Sporebadge and TM06 (Toxic). You can also use Strength outside of battle.
nopic.jpg
Viroxy.jpg
Basilick.jpg
dpmfa088.png

Gymleader: Amanita, Pokémon: Viroxy (lvl 39), Basilick (lvl 36), Grimer (lvl 36)

Calla Island Reservatory
Like the safare zone, but with some differences. Haven't really figured it out yet, though.

Viola Town
This town has a zeppelin that goes from Viola Town to Dahlia City, though when you first arrive it is broken.
The gymleader, Dawit, has specialized in grass pokémon. When you defeat him you will get Violetbadge and TM09 (Bullet Seed). You can also use Rock Climg outside of Battle.
Dawit.jpg
nopic.jpg
nopic.jpg
nopic.jpg
dpmfa315.png

Gymleader: Dawit, Pokémon: Berregi (lvl 42), Forelk (lvl 40), Kiweed (lvl 38), Roselia (lvl 38)

Dahlia City
Gymless city with some good shopping streets, scyscrapers and RP events. When you get here you will help to fix the zeppelin that goes between Viola Town and Dahlia City. From here there is also a boat that goes to Olivine City in Johto.

Crocus City
The last city and with the last gym.
The gymleader, Rex, deals with rock/fighting pokémons. When you defeat him you will get Stonebadge and TM71 (Stone Edge). You can also use Waterfall outside of battle.
Rex.jpg
nopic.jpg
nopic.jpg
dpmfa075.png
nopic.jpg

Gymleader: Rex, Pokémon: Nukana (lvl 49), Rogilla (lvl 48), Graveler (lvl 47), unnamed (lvl 46)

Islands of Life
This is where the legendary bears (yes I think it will be bears) will dwell.

Update 2: I no longer need help with the naming of Candoll-evoline. The result became Candoll > Blazerina > Volqueeno. I've also updated the pokémon list in the first post with types and new names.
And here is the sprites for Candoll and Blazerina:
Candoll.jpg
037-Candollshiny.jpg

038-Blazerina.jpg
038-Blazerinashiny.jpg

Update 3:
Since I wasn't happy about the Cleow sprite (it was way to big and un-cute to be a starter) I re-did it. So here is the new version:
Cleowv.jpg
004-Cleowshiny.jpg

Enjoy.

Last edited:

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
Wow, I've never been a fan of Fakemon much, but these sprites are awesome! Good job.

Belzeebub

Spriter
Years
Wow, I've never been a fan of Fakemon much, but these sprites are awesome! Good job.
Haha, thank you. I'm glad you liked them (;

Nishi actually means west.Im not sure if this has been pointed out before.
But either way nice sprites!:)XD
Oh. I've written east? Well I meant west. I do know it means west. Sorry, I'll change it.
And thanks :)

I'm gonna be the odd one out and say #004 is the best, I have a thing for fire Pokemon..
Most people say that it's unnoriginal with the flame on the tale, but I like it. Wait until the evolutions ;D

I like gym Leader starr hes a rocker like me =P and I like the others shading also
Haha, that's what I would want to look like. Thank You.

Updates:
Done the last gymleader; Rex. He probobly looks a bit stranger than you all would've thought, but here he is;
Rex.jpg

I've also done my first fakemon from scratch; Artiny. I hope you like it.
079-Artinymale.jpg
079-Artinymale-shiny.jpg

And number 087 - Squiree and it's evolution 088 - Climrel.
087-Squireemale.jpg
088-Climrelmale.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2012
the #28 is just a purple charmander with a green horn -.-

good job though =)

Belzeebub

Spriter
Years
Hey! These are amazing!. I used your tutorial and made my own.
myspritecz3.png

Thakn you.
That is pretty neat. Though I would advie you to try some different pokémons than I used and make a new one. You will get more originality ;)

the #28 is just a purple charmander with a green horn -.-

As I said, #28 needs a big makeover. And he is in the chart for the old ones, which I am not updating. It's the new ones that I'm going to focus on. If everyone continues to look at the old ones more than the new ones I think I'll delete the old chart O.o
But thank you.

I have updated the pokélist, and as you can see (if you look) number 86 - 89 are baby pokémons. If anyone has any clues about which pokémonäs babies it is, feel free to guess ^^. New fakemons will be up soon. Though I think I will make all the gymleaders and the badges before that ^^. Enjoy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back