• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Hyetology

Do you mind corrupted music (I'll fix it later)?

• No - I mute VBA's volume anyway

Votes: 664 55.6%
  • No - I can deal with it for now

Votes: 263 22.0%
  • Yes - I won't play if the music is corrupted

Votes: 54 4.5%
  • Yes - It'll kinda ruin it for me :/

Votes: 213 17.8%

• Total voters

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
It will be the final version. But, like with any game, if there's a major glitch I'll patch it.

Mr. Magius

  
Years
I'd have said arrogant.
Anyway the tiles don't work well together, since they're n different styles.
Haha, well my vocab's terrible :)

And hinkage, what we're talking about are the trees in the 2nd and 3rd screenshots versus the grass tiles. The colour change is too drastic. I know we're being picky, but all in all, it'll benefit the hack. If you really wanna keep the colour, add a darker outline instead of the really light colour.

For example:
KYF69.png

(The tree directly in front of/below the trainer)
It's not a drastic change but it looks better hanging over the grass, in my opinion.

Keep up the good work though :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
The tiles really don't go well together. The BW trees don't go with the grass or buildings (not the gatehouse, but the house to the right of the player), nor does the gatehouse go with the other house. They're all in different styles. But the other tiles look okay and I like the unusual story.

Will there be fakemon/newer Pokemon? And will the player OW be changed?

hinkage

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
The Pokemon Hyetology trailer is here!

Last edited:

hinkage

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
I have just one question: what does hyetology, the study of rain and other precipitation, have to do with this storyline?

Absolutely nothing. In fact, I should probably change the title.

hinkage

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Because gullible is the only word not included in the dictionary

marcc5m

what
Years
The B/W trees are never near the other trees, so you don't actively see the difference in-game. If you mean with the buildings, well, I'm sorry but I don't have enough tileset/palette space to add them on most maps.

That's no excuse. Think of it as playing a game with SNES graphics and then in certain areas it's PS3 graphics. Maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration but still. If tiles don't go well with the other ones you're using, change them.

hinkage

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Here is a new screen with updated trees:
FatalScreen-2.png

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
You, hinkage, are a true inspiration to hackers, I think I'm loving this more than 2Awesome! I loved all of the references in the intro video and extra kudos for the music choice, but the one reference that made me laugh out loud was the NPC named Richard Castle, I would've never thought of that! XD

I'm really adoring some of the big-time changes you're implementing in this hack that set it apart from other ROM hacks and even more so from the official canon.

I suggested to Koolboyman to check out your Pokémon 2Awesome via Twitter, because I think he'll take a liking to the storyline's originality even with the graphical abnormalities in the game.

Your hacks have made me want to emulate your hacking style because I enjoy playing it so much, and see myself greatly enjoying making my own like this (hopefully it will offset the tediousness of creating trainers and scripts in my hacks :P)

Please keep up the good work!

Pokehacker11

a kid with a knack for mapping
Years
It's really good! You just have to make a new character mini and back sprite, and I think it would be complete - or at least up to the point where you have to stop.

hinkage

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
You, hinkage, are a true inspiration to hackers, I think I'm loving this more than 2Awesome! I loved all of the references in the intro video and extra kudos for the music choice, but the one reference that made me laugh out loud was the NPC named Richard Castle, I would've never thought of that! XD

I'm really adoring some of the big-time changes you're implementing in this hack that set it apart from other ROM hacks and even more so from the official canon.

I suggested to Koolboyman to check out your Pokémon 2Awesome via Twitter, because I think he'll take a liking to the storyline's originality even with the graphical abnormalities in the game.

Your hacks have made me want to emulate your hacking style because I enjoy playing it so much, and see myself greatly enjoying making my own like this (hopefully it will offset the tediousness of creating trainers and scripts in my hacks :P)

Please keep up the good work!

Wow, uh, thanks a lot :D. I'm glad you like my hacks so much, although I doubt Koolboyman will really care lulz.

Good luck completing your hack as well, dude. :D

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Wow, uh, thanks a lot :D. I'm glad you like my hacks so much, although I doubt Koolboyman will really care lulz.

Good luck completing your hack as well, dude. :D

Is Koolboyman really relavent here?!

Anywhooooo, this hack looks splendid. I'm loving the Black Mesa Cameo. It was the first 2 words I read in the thread. I will definately try this when it's released.

*subscribes to teh thread*

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
[*]No "standard" Pokemon events such as (that I, personally, think are boring and overused):
[*]---Involvement with legendary Pokemon.
[*]---A professor giving you your first Pokemon.
[*]---Tutorials about basic things everybody knows already.
I like that, every time I get the tutorial how to catch Pokemon in a hack or other basic Stuff I obviously already know, it really annoys me. Even in the Main Games this are the most annoying Parts for me, it's hard to understand why so many mod makers include them :/

I also dislike all the Storys revolving around the legendary Pokemon, so I also like that part and I'm curious about the unique Story you're promising, best of luck with your hack :)

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
Wow, thats a creepy trailer haha...
Storyline sounds interesting, I'm looking forward to it. :)
Keep it up!

hinkage

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
If you support Hyetology, please consider adding this to your signature!

Code:
[PLAIN][URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=279155][IMG]http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/hinkpink/TempSig2.png[/IMG][/URL][/PLAIN]

Simply copy and paste to use!

Last edited:

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Really great work on the hack. Like the story line a lot and also the drug to stop evolving *& the killing off of pokemon*. Looks like the events will be worth it. Glad you are taking the rom space into consideration *since i saw some hacks stop because of rom space*.
If you want any support banners/sigs/banners vm me & I'll be happy to do some.

Back