• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Touhoumon Faith & Prayer Version

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
I fail to see why this is not more popular.

Touhoumon is amazing, your version stands out so much, since it's not like the emulated versions, where it's just emerald or fire red with touhoumon instead of pokemon.

I played the demo again, and loved it even more that the first time.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
I fail to see why this is not more popular.

Touhoumon is amazing, your version stands out so much, since it's not like the emulated versions, where it's just emerald or fire red with touhoumon instead of pokemon.

I played the demo again, and loved it even more that the first time.

Touhoumon as a whole is sort of a niche thing. It usually only targets a specific target audience - the target audience being both fans of Touhou and fans of Pokemon. If it hits anyone else outside that niche, it's not uncommon but it doesn't often happen. Surprisingly, Touhoumon was how I got into Touhou in the first place.

I do thank you for the complements, I'm trying my hardest to make this game be distinguished from the rest. I think I've done a farly good job at conveying the story I want to tell, as well as keeping the game both enjoyable to the player and balanced with as little grinding needed to get further.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Wow!
I have to say this game is fantastic!
I haven't made it very far, but I love everything so far!
It's been a very long time since I've enjoyed a fan-game as much as this!
I just love it, I enjoyed everything about it, and an interesting mechanic to mess around with as a player, trying to figure out what works and what doesnt, and also exploring an entirely new and different game, in a familiar setting.

I had a lot of fun playing it and will continue to play until I've gotten as far as I can, great work! and I just CAN'T believe this hasn't gotten more popular! It's a great game, more people should look into this

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
Wow!
I have to say this game is fantastic!
I haven't made it very far, but I love everything so far!
It's been a very long time since I've enjoyed a fan-game as much as this!
I just love it, I enjoyed everything about it, and an interesting mechanic to mess around with as a player, trying to figure out what works and what doesnt, and also exploring an entirely new and different game, in a familiar setting.

I had a lot of fun playing it and will continue to play until I've gotten as far as I can, great work! and I just CAN'T believe this hasn't gotten more popular! It's a great game, more people should look into this

I hope you continue to enjoy the game, then! I have plans for it, even if they seem unrealistic I believe I can make them work really good. I really appreciate the complements, very much so.

I take it by "interesting mechanic", you mean the new type chart? That's the only new mechanics I can think of that would be a bit confusing to understand at first. What makes things moderately humorous was, until I had decided to do a mass addition to the type charts, there was a bug with how Essentials handled the Types (It would read the weaknesses/Strengths/Etc from the Displayed name, not the Internal Name like it should have -- or something along those lines).

I'd love if more people got into this game, heck even Touhoumon in general! It's one of many things that makes up my favorite part of the Touhou franchise - Fan Made Content. Touhoumon, unfortunately, has such a small appeal audience. it saddens me because, even without the Touhou background, it's still technically a "Fakemon" gane, which kind of throws it under the bus, despite how interesting some of them are.

I really hope I can make this game good, as much as I want it to live up to everyone's expectations, I want it to live up to my own, and be the best possible game I can make it out to be.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I saw there was a type chart, but I had a hint of nostalgia of trying out the game without looking at it, and learning as I go, much like i had when i played red/blue all those years ago

I really have not enjoyed myself playing fangames as much as I have playing this one, I havn't had the chance to play much else, but I'm looking forward to the rest of the demo, and the rest of your game as a whole! you have my full support for this!

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
Time to make an official announcement on the status of Faith & Prayer Version. If I had to round out the percentage of completion of Demo 3, I'd have to say we're at 98.99%.

I have spent the entire past week, and then some, working on where I left off on progress. I managed to finish all trainers, include a trade NPC, drop the Coin Case, and get every single Rival Battle instance and Team Rocket battle finished. Very very little remains before I can release Demo 3, in fact I'll list what remains.

• Setting up Fuchsia City Gym and its trainers. Probably the last big challenge for this Demo. I've checked the levels I end at and the levels I have slated for Janine. If you battle every trainer indiscriminately, you will be on par with her, if not 1-3 levels over her strongest. I may tweak slated levels. This is roughly 1% of the completion progress, putting us at 99.99%
  • Getting the Bill event in Fuchsia City finished, which is the last event in Demo 3. He gives you the Mini Teleporter/Portable Teleporter, which is the Item replacement for Fly. This, however, also has to be coded in. I would really like to release Demo 3 with the Teleporter programmed in, but if it is taking too long to get I will release Demo 3 at 99.99% completion and aim to get the teleporter for Demo 4.
  • I also have to account for some buggy moves. I'm going to look into whats bugged and attempt to fix it. Push comes to shove, i'll ask for help on the moves and see what I can learn from some experienced scripters.
  • I need to lay down some items in the Safari Zone for the player to collect - what is a dungeon without any collectable items.

Once all these are done, I will be sending the text to my Writing Adviser for grammatical and typographical errors and inconsistencies. Once they finish checking, I will apply changes to the game (Under a new language pack likely titled "Proper English" - this is something I intend to do, if it doesn't, I'll manually fix the dialogue). While fixing dialogue, I will be sending out Demo 3 to select people for bugtesting procedures. I will then fix any bug I get pointed out, and I should have it refined enough for release after that.

All in all, this process should take around a week or longer. I do not intend to delay Demo 3 any later than April 1st, and if I must, no later than April 21st. It has been almost a full year since the last release, and I apologize for that. Several things have prevented me from working consistently on it. A broken workstation computer (I was forced to use my netbook laptop for 5 months, completely stalling progress on Faith & Prayer during that timeframe). I got some minor work done in that 5 month span, but nothing noteworthy. I was also working on another project (Touhou x Command & Conquer: War of the Rice) in the meanwhile. When I did get a new computer, I was burned out from working on War of the Rice that I took a break for a month. I did some more work on Faith & Prayer during February, and that's about it.

I aim to have Demo 4 out much faster than Demo 3, but we'll see how things go.

Faith & Prayer Version is not dead yet.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
Quick update from the front: Demo 3 has reached 99% completion, and all that remains to be done is the completion of Fuchsia Gym, as well as a few more typographical issues which need fixing. I'm also looking into getting the 1,8 variant of the Field moves usable outside of battle, as they aren't yet. If it becomes too much of a hassle to prepare, it's something I can delay until Demo 4. Basically, once I finish Fuchsia Gym, Demo 3 is at 100%. I can release without fixing the typos and grammar issues - I'd rather not, but I can.

I am going to say this now to get it out of the way: You will need to start a new game - there is no getting around it. I have edited something in the Intro phase of the game that will be required for a later segment of the game. It's not yet implemented, but a precautionary measure - better to have it now and force people to restart while we're in Demo 2 than we implement it in Demo 10 and force people to restart that late into the game.

Another thing I want to address is: Read the Readme included with the game! I'm not writing it for my own benefit, as I know what's going into the game. I write it to keep the user base informed on what was fixed from previous versions, as well as ways to get in contact with me if there are bugs. Heck, it's even broken up into Table of Contents so you can skip to the section you want without scrolling. It's for the convenience of you guys that I made the readme! Sometime after I release Demo 2, I got complaints about bugs and issues addressed in the readme - as a developer, the last thing I need to be is reminded about bugs I know exist when I'm the one informing you of their existence.

Anyways, I've hammered out a majority of the bugs that my testers have reported. When I finish, I will, very graciously, include a Master Bug List of what I fixed between Release Candidates, what is going to be fixed, and the sort. If you find a bug or inconsistency, please defer to this list to check if it isn't already addressed there.

That's about all I have to say. If I can work diligently enough, I can have Demo 3 released by midnight on the 30th, maybe earlier if I hammer through it. Expect Demo 3 by the very end of the month.

Last edited:

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
Demo 3 officially released to the public, the download link and information is included in the first post. For threat walkers, I'll include the download link here as well:

Touhoumon Faith & Prayer Version Demo 3 - This release goes from where Demo 2 left off, after the Crisis at the Power Plant, all he way to the aftermath of the Safari Zone Invasion.

EDIT: Demo 3 had bad bugs, I changed the link with the updated version, 3.1.

Last edited:

Jojirius

Jacuzzi Ant
Years
The new typechart threw me a bit, but overall it's an interesting spin on Pokemon, and I like that it doesn't just replace existing Pokemon with characters that might match from the Touhou universe.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 31, 2014
Created an account just to say that your game is awesome! Can't wait for the next demo! Good to see an original Touhoumon game that isn't just Pokemon with Touhou characters like many have said. It's nicely done and full of different fun mechanics. Good luck with this fantastic project. :)

Septentrion

Evilutionary biologist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 13, 2023
I have a problem whenever I try to start a new game.

WGglVwM.png

Years
I don't know much about Touhou and whatnot, but this game is fantastic~~ Great work, 'n I can't wait for another update! By the way, someone should make a banner : D

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
Quick status update from the front:
All Demo 4 maps are mapped out, plot events for everything up to Route 23 and 26 are finished. Gym Leaders and trainers for up to Route 26 and Victory Road are finished (Meaning Victory Road, the Pokemon League, Route 26, and Route 27 are what remain in terms of trainers).
Some special NPCs need to be worked on (Such as the Week Siblings household on Route 26, it's going to be a UFO Trade House with lots of goodies).
I've just finished up the Hall of Representatives, the eight trainer gauntlet that can replace the Badge Check Path (and Victory Road). After this I'll be doing the trainers for the following in this exact order:
  • Victory Road
  • Kanto Pokemon League
  • Route 26
  • Route 27
Once those are done, I'll be sending Demo 4 out for bug testing and it'll be up for release after that.

Have a picture to tide you over for the time being.
188f9b2b02.png

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
Another quick update (I am hoping multi-posts from thread author like this are allowed)
So, let's go over a quick analysis of my To-do list: Route 26 and Route 27 are all that remain to be done, that's it. I've got the League and the Hall of Representatives done. In theory, I can have Demo 4 finished by the end of this week, assuming I don't slack off. Once that's done, I'll be sending Demo 4 RC1 to my Bug Testers and my Literary Adviser. After that, I should be able to release Demo 4. We're looking at a potential Monday the 13th release. Potentially, NOT guaranteed. If anything, I'd say any day during next week is subject to the release date.
In the meanwhile, have a screenshot from the latest feature:
e44b677e03.png

b1677b0a78.png

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 11, 2016
Hmm I'm not sure if I'm dumb or something but how do you use the shards?
I got a swift shard but It does not work on any of them.

Also great game can't wait for demo 5 and beyond.

Edit: huh Power Shard worked but not Swift

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
The shards are basically the same thing as Evolution Stones. Some Puppets don't have evolutions with certain shards. For example, Yuyuko does not have an Advent form, so it will not have a Solar Shard use. Nue doesn't have a Speed form so it won't have a Speed Shard use.

Back