• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

B is for bad which this team probably is...

Detox

I made this team a while back, mainly for fun. I then began to ladder with it and realized it did quite well when I wasnt getting mauled by crits ;;. So I present to you team bad.

478.gif

Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Spikes
- Taunt
---
Froslass is my lead and anti spin. I can usually get two layers of spikes up,and switch out. If its one of those attacking or scouting leads I attack it or probably switch to the appropriate check. Im having problems however, she also functions as my anti spin and if she is gone (which half the time she is lol) I am likely to get my hazards blown away.

186.gif

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Boil Over
- Hypnosis
- Encore
- Ice Beam
---
My special sponge, so to say. The amount of punishment this thing can take from the special side of the spectrum is insane. He also sets up weather for me, lessening the power of fire attacks enough for Nattorei and Lucario to actually take one. Encore stops stat uppers (Mainly Ulgamoth) and Boil Over is for STAB/ helps cripple physical threats like Shell Smash Cloyster and rival Kabutops, which this team otherwise can struggle with.

141.gif

Kabutops (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall/Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
---
Mainly my rapid spinner. Forry used to be here but even with rain I didn't want three pokes weak to fire. Kabutops also helps with my pseudo Ulgamoth weak, and also is a valid check to Doryuuzu and Landlos with Aqua Jet. He is also another nice fire resist.

598.gif

Nattorei (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
---
Who doesn't love Nattorei? Sets up rocks, leeches health, and can even cause some damage! I use him mainly to take Draco Meteors from Lati@s and Sazandora, well actually dragon type moves in general. Also walls Voltolos in (who is another threat), along with rival Rain Dance teams. I considered removing Froslass and moving him to lead, and swapping spikes out with SR because I need a more reliable anti spin, but I'm open to suggestions on that.

448.gif

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Bullet Punch
---
I mainly use Lucario for revenge killing faster weakened threats like Scarf Terakion and Sazandora/Garchomp. Thats about it.

149.gif

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Multi-Scale
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Roost
---
Checks Roobushin, can easily switch in on Mach Punches and OHKO with Hurricane. Thunder is for Burungeru and Draco Meteor is obvious STAB.

Well thats the team, have at it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Nasty plot Lucario is great in gen V, and would actually revenge those threats better with vacuum wave:

Lucario @ life orb
Modest
252 spe 252 spA 4hp
~ Nasty plot
~ Aura sphere
~ Dark pulse
~ Vacuum wave / hp rock

After a nasty plot, hp rock 1hkos full hp Impish gyara, but vacuum wave would be great against terakion and Sazandora.

Calcs from Smogon:

Assuming +2, modest life orb.

Vs 252 HP / 0 SpD Bold Blissey using Aura Sphere: 83.2% - 98.3%

Vs 252 HP / 96 SpD Sassy Bronzong using Aura Sphere: 83.7% - 98.8%

Vs 252 HP / 136 SpD Calm Tentacruel using Dark Pulse / Shadow Ball: 43.4% - 51.4%

Vs 252 HP / 92 SpD Calm Empoleon using Aura Sphere: 169.9% - 200.5%

Vs 252 HP / 128 SpD Sassy Umbreon using Aura Sphere: 127.9% - 150.8%

Vs 252 HP / 4 SpD Bold Suicune using Aura Sphere: 83.9% - 99%

Vs 252 HP / 212 SpD Careful Dragonite using Hidden Power [Rock]: 76.7% - 90.7%

Vs 248 HP / 8 SpD Impish Gyarados using Hidden Power [Rock]: 100.8% - 119.1%

Back