• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
What is the problem if I want to open a ROM that I am hacking in overworld editor RE and is says: Error loading INI settings for this game
???
It's most likely a ROM that OWE cannot read.

With some ROM hacks (such as Liquid Ocean), the author purposely edits the codebase of the ROM so that it is only playable with an emulator, and not editable through AdvanceMap, OverworldEditorRE, etc.

Soulweaver

a mirage
Years
Any hint about the location of the tilemap for world maps (in FireRed)? I know already where the tileset is (offset 003F0580 / unLZ #911 w/ deep scan), but as opposed to the title screen images, the tilemap was not right after the tileset.

I systematically checked nearly 500 raw data files (I skipped sprites which actually are images, and also skipped junk chunks looking too large to be a correct raw) and none of them matched. :(

This question has not been answered yet.

Champion Victoria

Puella docta
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2011
Hi, my question involves switching animations for moves. I have FireRed 1.0 and would like to use the "Dragon Rage" animation with the move "Dragonbreath." I have hex editing software and all that but wouldn't know where to begin--is there a simple address that needs to be changed, and if so, what's that?

GoldFlareon

Biotic Flareon
Years
I have two problems/questions needing to be answered.

1. How (if it is possible) can you edit Emerald's sprites? (Not the OWs.)
2. How do I figure out the Hex numbers of all Pokemon's cries? (So I can edit the script and put in cries)

Thanks.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Any hint about the location of the tilemap for world maps (in FireRed)? I know already where the tileset is (offset 003F0580 / unLZ #911 w/ deep scan), but as opposed to the title screen images, the tilemap was not right after the tileset.

I systematically checked nearly 500 raw data files (I skipped sprites which actually are images, and also skipped junk chunks looking too large to be a correct raw) and none of them matched. :(

This question has not been answered yet.
If you know where the tileset is the tilemap is usually the one after it. If not zel has uploaded one in M_X's World Map tutorial thread.

Hi, my question involves switching animations for moves. I have FireRed 1.0 and would like to use the "Dragon Rage" animation with the move "Dragonbreath." I have hex editing software and all that but wouldn't know where to begin--is there a simple address that needs to be changed, and if so, what's that?
No, the animation data pointers are not in the Attack Data table.

The only way I can think of doing it in an easy way is to give Dragonbreath all the properties of Dragon Rage and vice versa. Then you'll have swapped both attacks.

I have two problems/questions needing to be answered.

1. How (if it is possible) can you edit Emerald's sprites? (Not the OWs.)
2. How do I figure out the Hex numbers of all Pokemon's cries? (So I can edit the script and put in cries)

Thanks.
1. The same way you edit any sprite. Index it, load it in UNLZ, repoint and insert the image and pallete.
2. The cry numbers are the same as the Pokemon numbers.

EDIT: One more

Yes, infact I do.

Please, help!
You are trying to load an unsupported rom. Make sure that the rom has not been edited in anyway. If you can't figure it out yourself, reply with what rom it is that you are attempting to open.

Last edited:

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
Umm...
How do you make a script with multiple people moving at the same time?
I want to know how to.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
How do I edit the tiles in my ROM? Does anyone know any premade ones? I see a lot of similar tiles throughout ROM hacks...
You are referring to rom bases which can be found here and various other forums.
Otherwise here is a good tutorial for inserting tiles yourself.

Umm...
How do you make a script with multiple people moving at the same time?
I want to know how to.
applymovement 0x[person1] [movement1]
applymovement 0x[person2] [movement2]
pausemove 0

If you are using XSE it would be waitmovement not pausemove. The person who has the longest number of movements needs to be placed last. You can also put as many as you want.

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
Thanks, so I think I'll be old school and use the old way.
Where do you put that script though?

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Okay, this question was asked a while back, and it was answered, and I did what the answer was and it didn't work. So I have to ask again.

When I try to run A-Mart, I get a pop-up saying: "Component COMCTL32.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid."

When this was last asked, the answer was to download the missing file. So I did that. I downloaded COMCTL32.OCX and put it in the directory of A-Mart, and it didn't work, so I tried putting it in the inis folder and that didn't work either.

So if that doesn't work, what can I do to make A-Mart work?

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Thanks, so I think I'll be old school and use the old way.
Where do you put that script though?
Uh, where ever you want it to go obviously.

Okay, this question was asked a while back, and it was answered, and I did what the answer was and it didn't work. So I have to ask again.

When I try to run A-Mart, I get a pop-up saying: "Component COMCTL32.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid."

When this was last asked, the answer was to download the missing file. So I did that. I downloaded COMCTL32.OCX and put it in the directory of A-Mart, and it didn't work, so I tried putting it in the inis folder and that didn't work either.

So if that doesn't work, what can I do to make A-Mart work?
You need to make sure that it is in your System32 folder. If that doesn't work try this tutorial on how to manually register the file.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
just to put it out there... there is not a cyclont/ntme tilemap for the fire-red version game, so far as I know. If anyone can show otherwise, please do, cause this is something I wwould like to know the location of as well. ^-^

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
just to put it out there... there is not a cyclont/ntme tilemap for the fire-red version game, so far as I know. If anyone can show otherwise, please do, cause this is something I wwould like to know the location of as well. ^-^
I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. Which tilemap are you referring to?

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
there is one. its a prototype program called hurricane. i used it to do my world map on FR. it was canceled and then turned into NTME.

thanks in advance
link

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back