• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scrapbox phase-out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
We're not taking the easy way out, not at all. We've been moderating the scrapbox for nearly a year, if we were taking the easy way out we would've done it way earlier, right?

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
We're not taking the easy way out, not at all. We've been moderating the scrapbox for nearly a year, if we were taking the easy way out we would've done it way earlier, right?
Yea i think they have been moderating it for a year Locking up the Threads that Don't have any storyline or features or stuff like this
I am thinking of a hack that has D/P pokemon in it i will need a scripter Etc

Thats why the Scrapbox is full of scrap but Not all of it is

Not all of scrapbox is bad some of it is good But Some aren't good at all

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021

Yea i think they have been moderating it for a year Locking up the Threads that Don't have any storyline or features or stuff like this
I am thinking of a hack that has D/P pokemon in it i will need a scripter Etc

Thats why the Scrapbox is full of scrap but Not all of it is

Not all of scrapbox is bad some of it is good But Some aren't good at all

your just saying that cause you got your thread to prog hacks now...
Back when it was in the scrapbox i believe you were fighting against the idea?
yes i know i am resisting only cause my thread is in the scrapbox, and yes it qualifies to be moved(according to the rules), but i'm gonna leave it there for a while longer :)

@con- It may seem like the easy way out, but the scrapbox, according to them, it has lost its purpose, thus there is no need to have it anymore. But a solution could be to have a moderator aprove the thread first. and maybe bout 15 posts needed to make one, that'll kill most of the spam.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
@ The Doctor- if you have been moderating here then how did the problem continue to grow?

I think I can answer that: because the amount of spam is so high that regular moderating can't control it. Kind of what happened in the Battle Stadium with the battle clans. What did we do? We banned the clans and the spam died, yet people kept fighting and having their own, mod-controlled tournaments.

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
The scrapbox is... Ergh, I'll hate saying this... Unmoderatable, from what I have seen, due to all the constant SPAM. IF idiots didn't keep posting stupid requests, or SPAM, then perhaps there would be an idea to save it, but... Now I think about it, there is 1 thing you could have tried - Approval Only for Scrapbox. True it will mean more threads need approving, but less SPAM, and the same idiots who broke the rules will probably do the same for Progressing Hacks.

BUT now I think about it, you probably considered it (but nice if you had at least tried it before, but there are more cons than pros... You made your choice)

So... The problem is rule breaking, which... May occur more elsewhere.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I don't think this thread has a purpose anymore, seeing as people repeat the same things in their posts. XD
Okay, i understand people feel the urge to post their opinion, but they're just doing nothing by saying "The Scrapbox is full of crap and SPAM, so it deserves to deleted, and we'll all be happy to see it gone".

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
The scrapbox is... Ergh, I'll hate saying this... Unmoderatable, from what I have seen, due to all the constant SPAM. IF idiots didn't keep posting stupid requests, or SPAM, then perhaps there would be an idea to save it, but... Now I think about it, there is 1 thing you could have tried - Approval Only for Scrapbox. True it will mean more threads need approving, but less SPAM, and the same idiots who broke the rules will probably do the same for Progressing Hacks.

BUT now I think about it, you probably considered it (but nice if you had at least tried it before, but there are more cons than pros... You made your choice)

That's a good idea. The removal is only going to take the spam threads and move them elsewhere ( the ones that will be created not the pre-existing ones). The closed mindedness that people are showing is a bit depressing, I must say.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
Indeed, closing and phasing out the Scrapbox section could possibly, but only temporarily get rid of the spam, but wouldn't they really just start spamming elsewhere more than usual then?

I dunno... It's your forum, you're the staff, so whatever you guys think is best for the forum probably is, and I won't interfere or go against that.

Most of the scrapbox threads contained mostly the same hack ideas anyway.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I think your closed mind is depressing, gurl~

I think a closed forum is depressing, gurl~

Anyway... It will have already all been considered, at least apparently, so... Well, SPAM in other places may increase more, at least to mods due to Approval being needed, perhaps more than if the Scrapbox had one. I would suggest a trial period for an Approval only on the Scrapbox, but there would be little point, as you made your minds up... Can't hurt to try though... But probably can. Pros and cons of both situations are... Kinda annoying to weigh up.

That is my suggestion, and rubbish either way. Just seems a shame an area that benefits a lot of people is being closed for stupid idiots who SPAM and request...

558122_DG

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
responses and attitudes

Thats a great solution (although i believed i already mentioned it.) Making approval before posting the thread will reduce spam. It will get rid of ALOT of threads that don't meet the requirements of the scrapbox I.E: Some hacks are closed because they don't contain a storyline/features list/or other info

True, if you were deleting the scrapbox because u think it's the source of spam, then might as well delete posting seeing as thats the true source of spam.

I don't think this thread has a purpose anymore, seeing as people repeat the same things in their posts. XD
Okay, i understand people feel the urge to post their opinion, but they're just doing nothing by saying "The Scrapbox is full of crap and SPAM, so it deserves to deleted, and we'll all be happy to see it gone".

yes that seems to be the only reason thats ever put out against the scrapbox SPAM. Well read above and you see what needs to be done to really counter the spam.

I think your closed mind is depressing, gurl~

I think his mind is actually open unlike a few people. and the "gurl" was unnecessary.

I think a closed forum is depressing, gurl~

Anyway... It will have already all been considered, at least apparently, so... Well, SPAM in other places may increase more, at least to mods due to Approval being needed, perhaps more than if the Scrapbox had one. I would suggest a trial period for an Approval only on the Scrapbox, but there would be little point, as you made your minds up... Can't hurt to try though... But probably can. Pros and cons of both situations are... Kinda annoying to weigh up.

That is my suggestion, and rubbish either way. Just seems a shame an area that benefits a lot of people is being closed for stupid idiots who SPAM and request...

but wouldn't the infinite amount of random requests be deleted if u required approval? And as for spamming wouldn't an increase on the amountof words per post delete that? Most spam is short and spammers won't take the initiative to type more unless they are dull...

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
your just saying that cause you got your thread to prog hacks now...
Back when it was in the scrapbox i believe you were fighting against the idea?
yes i know i am resisting only cause my thread is in the scrapbox, and yes it qualifies to be moved(according to the rules), but i'm gonna leave it there for a while longer :)

@con- It may seem like the easy way out, but the scrapbox, according to them, it has lost its purpose, thus there is no need to have it anymore. But a solution could be to have a moderator aprove the thread first. and maybe bout 15 posts needed to make one, that'll kill most of the spam.
I didn't say that cause i got it to the Progressing hacks :\ the scrapbox has to many well.... crap. or scrap.. have you seen how many threads there have been and now are dead.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years

I didn't say that cause i got it to the Progressing hacks :\ the scrapbox has to many well.... crap. or scrap.. have you seen how many threads there have been and now are dead.

Well you may think the hacks are crap but the creator likes the idea. The point of hacking is for the hackers enjoyment, not to please the masses. So as long as the hackers enjoy it then who cares what we think? And the dead threads can be useful for the creator. If the hacker looks at what went wrong and tries to improve then the dead thread is actually a success. In my opinion the only problem is the spam, which could be put to an end.

558122_DG

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
Well you may think the hacks are crap but the creator likes the idea. The point of hacking is for the hackers enjoyment, not to please the masses. So as long as the hackers enjoy it then who cares what we think? And the dead threads can be useful for the creator. If the hacker looks at what went wrong and tries to improve then the dead thread is actually a success. In my opinion the only problem is the spam, which could be put to an end.

100% exact. The point of a hack is so the hacker can enjoy it. At least so said a good friend of mine and so i believe.

558122_DG

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
Well you can't stop the Admins and moderators Etc from Taking the scrapbox out... unless a miracle happens the scrapbox will be going...

So? The point of this thread was for us to express our feelings towards thier decision not to stop them (although that is what i want)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back