• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Digimon: Operation Digipedia

Should I change the starter Digimon from Jyarimon, Puttimon, and Punimon?

• Yes, replace them respectively with Botamon, WhiteBotamon, and Nyokimon.

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • No, keep them how they are

Votes: 18 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemisis

Soul Eater
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
oh thnx for the info ^_^

and oh.. cool your almost done with devimon which is one of my fave digimons ill be looking forward to see his sprite so i can give a feedback ^_^

keep improving ^_^

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2012
Oh man I've been waiting years for a hack like this. Quite the ambitious undertaking, good luck man.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
Will we be given information about what types are supereffetctive / resistant to each other in this one? I hope so, I don't want to go in blind and have to do all guesswork! =P

Still, looks amazing, I hope you are getting some help though because if it's a one man job it could take years!

Epitaph93

Intermediate Digidestined
Years
oh thnx for the info ^_^

and oh.. cool your almost done with devimon which is one of my fave digimons ill be looking forward to see his sprite so i can give a feedback ^_^

keep improving ^_^

Yeah Devimon is kinda tricky since he's a large sprite, but I'm making progress.

Oh man I've been waiting years for a hack like this. Quite the ambitious undertaking, good luck man.

I was surprised no one had done anything like this yet considering how intertwined pokemon and digimon fans are. Somebody had to do it eventually right? Lol

Will we be given information about what types are supereffetctive / resistant to each other in this one? I hope so, I don't want to go in blind and have to do all guesswork! =P

Still, looks amazing, I hope you are getting some help though because if it's a one man job it could take years!

Yes I'll release a .txt document with each release detailing such things. I'll also post the list of weaknesses/resistances whenever I figure them all out. I might try to get a team together soon, because the base stats and moves lists are going to take a lot time. I really want to release the Digivolution beta as soon as I can, but like you said I'm only one man and this is a large undertaking.

Last edited:

Nemisis

Soul Eater
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
Yeah the digivolutions will be the main focus. It adds more to the process of "catching them all" because you have to keep your eye on EVs almost all the time if you want a specific digivolution. Otherwise you can just enjoy the little bit of randomness that the casual players love.

The maps were really just so I could get a leg up on posting the hack in the first place, and to get a little bit of practice in before the real deal.

All questions are welcome ;) Most Digimon will reach Mega level. All the digidestined Digimon will (Agumon, Gabumon, Renamon, Veemon, gomamon, etc.) and A large majority of the rest will. Certain Digimon don't have known digivolutions, or only digivolve to a certain point (MarineAngemon which is a Mega that has no digivolution, All the Armor digivolutions as they only digivolve once, Calumon who is similar to MarineAngemon, so on and so forth.)

I'm glad you're interested. If you PM me the link to your banner I can post it in the OP and credit you.

Update: I'm finally making a Devimon sprite. I have the front and back finished. I'll have the side finished tonight, and maybe start on the movement frames. This is just a little sidetrack from the battle sprites, which I have been working on for a few hours today.

oh ok ill be looking forward for the sprite of devimon good luck ^_^

Nemisis

Soul Eater
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
um hello hadn't heard from this game about a week now um are you kind of busy ?

hope that i can see improvements soon ^_^

Epitaph93

Years
um hello hadn't heard from this game about a week now um are you kind of busy ?

hope that i can see improvements soon ^_^

I've enlisted help from stocko, so he and I are spriting and scripting. We still have yet to get to the stat editing. I'm trying to add improvements to the DNA Digivolution script via ASM, while stocko has taken care of about ten sprites(I think). We are working on it, we just haven't had too much to post about. I could stop working on the DNA Digivolution script and begin the stat/moveset editing, but I'm very intrigued by the script so I want to see it through to the end.

Meanwhile please be patient. I'm sure a few of you are eager to see what's been accomplished so far, but we still have a long road ahead before a release. Hang in there ;)

MrElephant

Pokemon Researcher
Years
Hey Eiptaph93 I just wanted to give you a link to a good website with a lot of moves. Insead of listing all of the moves out like I usually do, why dont you try the link out and pick out the moves you like.
Here is the link
http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Digimon_World_2/Attacks
(I know that wiki is not a reliable source of information, but I think in this case it is by judging all of the moves)

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2015
I am very impressed by the potential of this hack. It sounds pretty amazing. I am currently producing my own hack I know first hand how stressful it can be. This is definitely going to be an amazing hack. If you need any help let me know, would love to help this hack stay as smooth as possible.

Epitaph93

Years
Hey Eiptaph93 I just wanted to give you a link to a good website with a lot of moves. Insead of listing all of the moves out like I usually do, why dont you try the link out and pick out the moves you like.
Here is the link
http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Digimon_World_2/Attacks
(I know that wiki is not a reliable source of information, but I think in this case it is by judging all of the moves)

Thanks MrElephant. I wasn't aware there was a strategy wiki for that game. It's actually one of my favorite games to play on psp. Contrary to what people might say, be it teachers or peers, wiki's are great places to pick up general information.

This, plus your previous posts, and WTW will probably be all the moves needed for the hack. Congratulations, you've sped up the hack ;) lol. I'll sort them into a list tonight and post them in the OP.

I am very impressed by the potential of this hack. It sounds pretty amazing. I am currently producing my own hack I know first hand how stressful it can be. This is definitely going to be an amazing hack. If you need any help let me know, would love to help this hack stay as smooth as possible.

Thank you for the encouraging words. I'm really giving it my all to make this as good as possible for everyone out there. Keep an eye on the project :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
how can i download this game plzzzz help me..............!!!!! i want to play this game.....!!!!!!

Epitaph93

Years
how can i download this game plzzzz help me..............!!!!! i want to play this game.....!!!!!!

There isn't a download because I haven't released it yet. If you read the full post, and any of the latest comments you would realize this.

Update: The planned moves list is as follows with more to come in the next couple of weeks. Some of these are a little redundant(claw attack, talon attack) so keep in mind that the names aren't final, just in the general vicinity of what they will be called. Some have already been changed, like cobwebs and peck, but most haven't.

Peck
Spiral Twister
Stun Bubble
Electroshocker
Horn buster
Boom Bubble
Heat top
Harpoon torpedo
Evil Whisper
Demi Dart
Flame bomber
Horn Tusk
Vulcans Hammer
Fossil bite
Ancient bite
Horn Blaster
Claw attack
Pepper Breath
Meteor wing
Nova Blast
Dark Shot
Thunder blaster
Carapace
Rock Ball
Rock Punch
Poison Wing
Scissor Claw
Ninja Blade
Shogun Sword
Howling Blaster
Slam Attack
Blue blaster
Horn Attack
Garuru Kick
Wolf Claw
Talon Attack
Super Shocker
Evil wind
Darkness Water
Pulse blast
Angel rod
Fist of Fate
Poison Ivy
Needle Spray
Mega Dash
Twin Fang
Tusk Crusher
Metal Fireball
Flame Chain
Puncher
Power drive
Metallic Fur
Bone Stick
Crazy Crusher
Rock Fist
Marching Fishes
Cobwebs
Poison Thread
Solar Ray

Last edited:

Nemisis

Soul Eater
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
Update: The planned moves list is as follows with more to come in the next couple of weeks. Some of these are a little redundant(claw attack, talon attack) so keep in mind that the names aren't final, just in the general vicinity of what they will be called. Some have already been changed, like cobwebs and peck, but most haven't.

Peck
Spiral Twister
Stun Bubble
Electroshocker
Horn buster
Boom Bubble
Heat top
Harpoon torpedo
Evil Whisper
Demi Dart
Flame bomber
Horn Tusk
Vulcans Hammer
Fossil bite
Ancient bite
Horn Blaster
Claw attack
Pepper Breath
Meteor wing
Nova Blast
Dark Shot
Thunder blaster
Carapace
Rock Ball
Rock Punch
Poison Wing
Scissor Claw
Ninja Blade
Shogun Sword
Howling Blaster
Slam Attack
Blue blaster
Horn Attack
Garuru Kick
Wolf Claw
Talon Attack
Super Shocker
Evil wind
Darkness Water
Pulse blast
Angel rod
Fist of Fate
Poison Ivy
Needle Spray
Mega Dash
Twin Fang
Tusk Crusher
Metal Fireball
Flame Chain
Puncher
Power drive
Metallic Fur
Bone Stick
Crazy Crusher
Rock Fist
Marching Fishes
Cobwebs
Poison Thread
Solar Ray

been out for a while and wow as i come back cool....... you've been working on moves.. nice the moves are cool and there names are awesome .... with just the name i think my favorite would be FIST OF FATE hehehehehe.. good luck Ephitaph93 and keep it up ^_^ and nice job ..

Epitaph93

Years
Upcoming Milestone

been out for a while and wow as i come back cool....... you've been working on moves.. nice the moves are cool and there names are awesome .... with just the name i think my favorite would be FIST OF FATE hehehehehe.. good luck Ephitaph93 and keep it up ^_^ and nice job ..

You can thank MrElephant for the moves, Nemisis. All I've done is began compiling them into a list. Count on more popping up in the next few weeks, along with other updates related to stats.

WOW..!!!!! a digimon hack so far so good i like it keep up the good work ^_^

It still amazes me how few of these hacks ever happened, and how none of them was ever released lol.

Update: I'm putting a hold on the stressful DNA Digivolution script for now. I thought I had the gender check working, but something's wrong with it. In case I didn't mention it in any of my earlier posts, I was learning ASM so I could make the DNA Digivolution script work much better. I have a good understanding of it, but it's very stressful so I'm taking a break from it. Anyway, I'm now starting on stat editing while stocko makes icon sprites for the already inserted digimon. What this means is that we're getting close to the first release. It may take a few months, but we are nonetheless nearing a major milestone.

MrElephant

Pokemon Researcher
Years
Wow you have now gotten four pages of comments Epitaph93. Now your hack is making it to the big leagues. Keep up the good work. Sadly though my hack was not accepted. But I will try to make it better like make better tiles and things!

Epitaph93

Years
MrElephant:7100417 said:
Wow you have now gotten four pages of comments Epitaph93. Now your hack is making it to the big leagues. Keep up the good work. Sadly though my hack was not accepted. But I will try to make it better like make better tiles and things!

Lol the big leagues indeed. Thank you MrElephant. I'm looking forward to your hack, and if you need any help pm me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
Omg i would love to play this. Unique way to do things. Im assuming the sprites will be of a better qualitythan the run of the mill fakemon?

Epitaph93

Years
Omg i would love to play this. Unique way to do things. Im assuming the sprites will be of a better qualitythan the run of the mill fakemon?

Yes the Digimon won't be sprited from scratch like most fakemon, so they will be of better quality than the average fakemon. Instead, they're resized official sprites from the DS games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back