• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
These are my Candy fakemon. I think they look pretty good compared to my other designs

314owsh.jpg

The first is a normal, Then second is a normal/psychic

i3ewjl.jpg

This is the final evolution and it is again normal/psychic

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
@ Ragnia : I actually really like the idea of the Sableye evolution. :o I think your design may be best suited there, to be honest. Throw some gems on that guy, make 'em Ghost/Dark and call it good.

Regardless, thanks for contributing! We certainly hope to see more from you. :)

@ Slender : Whenever you get around to stats / whatnot / other information just post it and I'll add it to the catalog, no pressure. :]

@ Jet : Oh wow. Your candy guys have a real Reuniclus feel to them, for some reason. Personally, I'm having a hard time seeing how the first form and the second evolution link together (because they share almost no similar characteristics) but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Since you have a drawing laid out now, I'd really like it if you could clean up the picture a bit. :) Hope that's not too much to ask for! Oh, and I'm still working on your dragon Eevee.

Lastly, if everyone can look through the first post and take note of the types that currently have no Pokemon in them, that would be great. I'd like to have at least one fakemon in every type, so put some thought into that please! n_n;

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
Do you mean scan them in rather than taking a photo?? Thanks anyway Alexial. These are the first ones i am actually proud of

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Since this is a community project I wanna get consent from you guys to design 3 special fakemon, Im talking about the 3 primary legendaries. Like someone stated already since this region it's based on Greek Mythology the 3 primary should be based on Zeus, Poseidon and Hades. I already have the design in mind but again I'm asking if its ok with you guys if I was the one who did them.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
@BeefTaco - Well, first off, what were the designs that you had in mind?
Since they're pokemon, I would think the legendaries might be based off of the sacred animals of those three, or perhaps a creature often attributed to them. For example:
Zues' sacred animals are the eagle, swan and wolf
Hades' sacred animals are the screech owl and the dog(hellhound?)
Poseidon's sacred animals are the horse, bull and dolphin, but people might also think of the Kraken in relation to the sea god.

So, yesterday I drew a Ponyta evolution, which is a Fire-type pegasus. I'll see if I can get a picture of it later. The flames in the design might look a bit confusing, though, considering a lot of them overlap.

Years
Woo so I made a bunch more fakemon, most of them are just doodles so they're simple:

Also btw, Alexial you said to tell you if we had mons that weren't in the first post, and Im not sure if this counts per sae, but the colored version of the fire starters aren't up yet!

Atom Fakemon: Electric, and then Electric/Psychic (possible third evo?) 1 | 2

Next are some mons based on when snow gets all polluted and slushy and gross. I was thinking Ice/Poison, the second one looks a lot like muk though :\ 1 | 2

Next are some cute badger mons, starting rodents? 1 | 2

And finally a little gnat mon 1

We don't have to include or use any or all of these, since as I said they're mainly doodles/half-baked ideas! :P

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
@BeefTaco - Well, first off, what were the designs that you had in mind?
Since they're pokemon, I would think the legendaries might be based off of the sacred animals of those three, or perhaps a creature often attributed to them. For example:
Zues' sacred animals are the eagle, swan and wolf
Hades' sacred animals are the screech owl and the dog(hellhound?)
Poseidon's sacred animals are the horse, bull and dolphin, but people might also think of the Kraken in relation to the sea god.

So, yesterday I drew a Ponyta evolution, which is a Fire-type pegasus. I'll see if I can get a picture of it later. The flames in the design might look a bit confusing, though, considering a lot of them overlap.

The Zeus pokemon will be based on an Eagle, Poseidon on a Dolphin and Hades on a Cerberus with a Legendary design of course. This wouldn't be one of my usual project since I know how important they are, I would go step by step by posting the sketches first then if the community wants changes they will be done. It wouldn't be my project per se I want it to be a group project where everyone can apport something.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Oh your right! I didn't really made the distinction between them ^ _^; sorry for the confusion guys never mind

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Yeah, there are already legendary pokemon in the main post that Fort had done. He was responsible for their animal formes and more humanoid formes -- the humanoid formes have since been overlooked due to his current absence. You're more than welcome to take a crack at that. :)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Yeah, there are already legendary pokemon in the main post that Fort had done. He was responsible for their animal formes and more humanoid formes -- the humanoid formes have since been overlooked due to his current absence. You're more than welcome to take a crack at that. :)

Ah, well I knew there was already a Cerberus-based legendary, which is why I didn't mention him. I saw the water-esque look of the one, but I failed to make a connection to Poseidon. And I don't relate a Griffin to Zues. Like, at all. @_@;
Besides, I don't think they should have humanoid forms . . . that would be awkward.

Well, that would be our main legendary trio.
I'm still thinking of Colchakon and Kridera as a duo.
That would leave some stand alone legendaries, and possibly another trio/duo/quartet.

Personally, I like the idea of a Kraken legendary to represent Poseidon. I'm not sure for Zues, but we already have two Pheonix legendaries (Moltres and Ho-oh), so I don't think that would work. I suppose a Griffin could work. >.>;

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey, it's a community pokedex. If the community wants legendaries, let there be legendaries.

Also, Golurk, I cropped, resized, and added all (I think all >_>) of your drawings to the main post so you should be up to date. :)

And Jet, I meant just a darker, more solid outline so the fakemons don't look so busy with eraser marks, that's all. :) The original pictures have been uploaded as place holders though.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
OH MY GOD GOLURK!!
THOSE BADGERS ARE GENERIC RODENT WORTHY :D
THOSE GUYS SHOULD TOTALLY BE THE RODENTS!

And wow guys, all these Fakes look so darn great!

The Candy-mon was really creative Jet! Maybe you should just refine the first 2 forms though, because they're kinda simplistic, but otherwise the final evo is super rad!

And that Grecko!
Great use of reference to many things, and definitely should have some sort of "counterpart", like Throh and Sawk, or Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee.

I should have the shaded grass starter and final eevee revision up later today.

And man, this thread DOES move fast! After just a few days hiatus, this suddenly filled up 3 pages worth of awesome stuff!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I do think you'll regret assigning me to help with sprites, but I'll do my best haha.
I actually am eating right now, but I'll start on that soon, and will try to post the information for my Grass/Flying type later. [:

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Ah, well I knew there was already a Cerberus-based legendary, which is why I didn't mention him. I saw the water-esque look of the one, but I failed to make a connection to Poseidon. And I don't relate a Griffin to Zues. Like, at all. @_@;
Besides, I don't think they should have humanoid forms . . . that would be awkward.

Well, that would be our main legendary trio.
I'm still thinking of Colchakon and Kridera as a duo.
That would leave some stand alone legendaries, and possibly another trio/duo/quartet.

Personally, I like the idea of a Kraken legendary to represent Poseidon. I'm not sure for Zues, but we already have two Pheonix legendaries (Moltres and Ho-oh), so I don't think that would work. I suppose a Griffin could work. >.>;

Those are great ideas man, I picked those 3 because its not really my own project and I didn't want to get too creative but if you guys don't mind Ill use ideas like this. I specially like idea of a Kraken I already got a design in mind for it. Since you guys seem ok with the idea of me doing the designs ill start sketching the Poseidon legendary and post the sketch for you guys to overview and decide if you want changes to be done.

Anyway I took less time that I thought with my fakemon pokemon stage evolutions so ill here they are:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

@Golurk I love the atom pokemon design! It would be really cool to have an Elecrtic/Psyquic in our pokedex I approve

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
That's funny- I just finished a sprite for Searania. The only Fakemon I have here isn't sprited aand has no art. I can attempt to make its sprite eventually, but I don't think I'm experienced enough.

So I made Searania's instead.
What do you guys think? x:
30lyr75.jpg

BeefTaco, because you made the evolution for it, I assume you're the one who designed Searania? If so, are you cool with me posting this sprite on my art thread, etc. so long as I give you full credit for the design? (I could also put a link to this thread.)

Edit:
I had forgotten to use a program that allows transparent backgrounds. So I pulled the sprite up on GIMP and made it transparent. Here:

33f94eu.jpg

Last edited:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
So, Eevee time:
Illuseon-shrunk_zps2784a355.png

Soooo....
Yay or nay?
I was smart to keep a .psd of this so I can edit it instead of literally redoing the thing, so I'm open to any ideas!

EDIT:
oh yeah, while I have this up I might as well come up with its info...

Name: Illuseon ,or whatever someone else wants it to be :D
Type: Ghost
Ability: [Forgotten] - This Pokemon's avoidability will increase whenever the opponent does not deal any damage. However, This Pokemon's avoidability will reset and the opponent's accuracy will increase whenever this Pokemon deals damage.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Slenderman@ no prob man you can post it, I think the spikes are too spiky(if that makes sense) other than that good job.

Sunfished@ that its a wonderful design, the lamp its good touch which gives the drawing originality, the only thing that doesn't feel quite right to me is the red color on the lamp could you try a lighter color. This is one of the best designs you've done btw.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Too spiky? Got it. I'll post it again after I fix that.
Edit:
Here:
3481wmx.jpg

I'm not going to make it transparent again until you approve. [:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
I took your advice BeefTaco, and I think this new one looks splendid!
Illuseon-shrunk2_zpsfa2214c0.png

I lightened the red and the orange to the same lightness found in its eyes.
You da man Beef

Back