• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pills

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
They dissolve a lot quicker yeah, so they take effect faster. No negative side to it though.
Actually they might last shorter. When they're in pill form, I guess they dissolve at a certain rate. If you take it in powder form, you get all of it getting around your body at once. The drug receptors can be filled fast but the drugs that don't immediately fit get flushed out from your body. When you only get the necessary dose and it relatively steadily fills up, maybe it lasts longer since you're wasting less.

Don't take this for a fact though, I don't remember it clearly haha. Ping curiousnathan or Razor Leaf!

Years
Actually they might last shorter. When they're in pill form, I guess they dissolve at a certain rate. If you take it in powder form, you get all of it getting around your body at once. The drug receptors can be filled fast but the drugs that don't immediately fit get flushed out from your body. When you only get the necessary dose and it relatively steadily fills up, maybe it lasts longer since you're wasting less.

Don't take this for a fact though, I don't remember it clearly haha. Ping curiousnathan or Razor Leaf!

All I know is that it's working, that's enough for me.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years
as a kid i did but not anymore
all i have to do is stay calm whilst i swallow, not do it too quickly or else it will go wrong haha

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I find that if I'm having trouble for whatever reason, I just get a mouthful of water and then swallow, and it goes down easy.

Spiff

love child
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 30, 2023
I can't even swallow the smallest pill. But, I don't generally take medicine so I haven't run into a huge problem with it.

My naturopathic doctor can't give me normal pill vitamins & supplements (which for some reason are almost always huge pills) so she has to hand mix my stuff into a tincture. It tastes horrible, but it's better than trying to swallow a pill.
I guess you could always snort them

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
Years
I'm really bad with pills, especially big ones. My parents tried to give me pills that made me grow taller and I almost always had to throw up ten minutes later. Needless to say, I try to avoid pills whenever I can.

Years
Yup. I have a terrible gag reflex so if they're big I can't swallow them ;u; Even with my regular small pills I sometimes have issues.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
I take a lot of pills, so I can take em' no problem. One of my daily pills are chalky though, so when I swallow them they tend to irritate my throat and not go down smoothly. :/

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I've gotten used to taking meds in the form of pills because I was a rather sickly being as a child. I've survived dengue fever, one of the most deadly disease ever, at a rather young age and since then, I've never had issues with pills.

Many of the vitamin supplements that i need to take in come in the form of pills, these include some of my anti depressants as well.

Years
I don't remember ever having problems taking pills. Most likely because I have had to take multiple types daily since I was 5. The only problem I have with them is how sometimes afterwards you can taste some pills when you burp. Iron pills especially do that to me.

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
I don't like taking pills but have to for health reasons. I've taken them most of my life. Taking them with water is especially icky to me so I try to have them with milk or juice. I can do circle pills pretty easily but capsule pills are sooo nasty to me, I don't ever want to take one again!

Years
It's a bit of a weird personal point of pride that I've never had to use water when swallowing a pill (at least that I can remember)

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
Years
I have to take pills daily. One of them actually tastes like the crappiest mint ever and it feels like it takes forever to go down my throat no matter what I do. If it's the first thing I do in the morning I have the feel the need to throw up almost immediately after.

Years
I used to hate doing it and would only swallow the smallest tablets possible, but that kind of stopped as I got older. Now it doesn't really bother me.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2019
Do you have trouble taking pills?
I sure as hell do. I have to chew them up. I can't take them normally. I have this thought that I'm going to choke on it, even though I eat food bigger than them and swallow it whole. I think it's because I'm trying to tell my body to treat the pill as food, even when it's not. I do not like taking pills, but I have trypanophobia so shots are just out of the question.

Oh yes, the same about me! >_> I think that my bode reacts in such way because of the same reason. I usually chew them up too but only when the pills aren't too disgusting in their taste. If yes, I simply swallow them with a great amount of water. Water usually perfectly helps me :)

pkmin3033

Yeah, I can't swallow pills whole either; I have to take liquid, soluble, or melting alternatives. It's caused my doctors no end of grief, as I need to take quite a lot of medication and what I do take isn't as strong as what it ought to be...but, eh. I can't get over my gag reflex and I wouldn't even dream of attempting to.

Back