• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters

blue

gucci
Years
I think I found a problem!
After the new patch (29th Fev) I started a new game and have just finished 1st gym. On my way from Route 116 into Rusturf Tunnel, I was blocked into an unreachable map square inside the cave.
Is this happening to anyone else?

Please fix this issue. I appreciate very much your effort in this hack.
Great work!

It could just be the ROM or multiple patches to it, there was a problem similar to this that was solved and there have been no reports of this error since, try re-downloading a clean rom from i.e Coolrom and patch and try again, if it still remains I'll try and sort something.

blue

gucci
Years
Ninetales. Previously their abilities were flash fire which would result in one using flamethrower and the other absorbing it thus making the attack powerless (Flannery)

Rapidash now has Flame Body & Intimidate
Ninetales now just has Flame Body

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
Why not just give Ninetales Drought? It is his DW ability and it powers up Flannery's Pokémon and weakens Water attacks providing more of a challenge :]

blue

gucci
Years
Why not just give Ninetales Drought? It is his DW ability and it powers up Flannery's Pokémon and weakens Water attacks providing more of a challenge :]

Well I wasn't aware of many of the abilities including fire so I just stuck to the limited choices but it would actually make sense as it would mix it up and as you said it would also make the battle more difficult so thanks!

Alright so I've edited many more abilities.. well mainly the Gym Leaders Pokémon to make the battles more strategic and difficult generally... the following changes have been made:

Nosepass now has the second ability Vital Spirit
Onix now has the ability Stench
Rhyhorn now has the ability Sturdy
Aron now has the ability Sand Stream
Machop now has the second ability Limber
Meditite now has the second ability Shed Skin
Heracross now has the second ability Pure Power
Makuhita now has the second ability Pressure
Ampharos now has the second ability Hustle
Magnemite & Magneton now has the second ability Levitate
Electrode now has the abilities CompoundEyes and Speed Boost
Electabuzz now has the second ability Volt Absorb
Lanturn now has the ability Swift Swim
Manectric now has the second ability Pure Power
Blissey now has the ability Sturdy
Granbull now has the second ability Trace
Slaking now has the second ability Pure Power
Kangaskhan now has the second ability Own Tempo
Tauros now has the abilities Pure Power and Speed Boost
Tropius now has the second ability Overgrow
Pelipper now has the second ability Torrent
Dodrio now has the ability Wonder Guard (subject to change if necessary)
Swellow now has the abilities Speed Boost and Pure Power
Alakazam now has the second ability Pressure
Gardevoir now has the ability Insomnia
Grumpig now has the second ability Pressure
Xatu now has the second ability Battle Armor
Starmie now has the second ability Swift Swim
Milotic now has the ability Drizzle

Ninetales now has the second ability Drougt
Camerupt now has the second ability Huge Power
Rapidash now has the second ability Speed Boost
Arcanine now has the second ability Flame Body
Houndoom now has the ability Drought

~ You can download this in Beta 7.3

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2012
Forgive me for being dumb. Put how do I actually patch my Emerald Rom? So I can play this?

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2012
Thanks, Spent all day looking for a mod like this, glad I finally found it :)

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years

Well I wasn't aware of many of the abilities including fire so I just stuck to the limited choices but it would actually make sense as it would mix it up and as you said it would also make the battle more difficult so thanks!

Alright so I've edited many more abilities.. well mainly the Gym Leaders Pokémon to make the battles more strategic and difficult generally... the following changes have been made:

Nosepass now has the second ability Vital Spirit
Onix now has the ability Stench
Rhyhorn now has the ability Sturdy
Aron now has the ability Sand Stream
Machop now has the second ability Limber
Meditite now has the second ability Shed Skin
Heracross now has the second ability Pure Power
Makuhita now has the second ability Pressure
Ampharos now has the second ability Hustle
Magnemite & Magneton now has the second ability Levitate
Electrode now has the abilities CompoundEyes and Speed Boost
Electabuzz now has the second ability Volt Absorb
Lanturn now has the ability Swift Swim
Manectric now has the second ability Pure Power
Blissey now has the ability Sturdy
Granbull now has the second ability Trace
Slaking now has the second ability Pure Power
Kangaskhan now has the second ability Own Tempo
Tauros now has the abilities Pure Power and Speed Boost
Tropius now has the second ability Overgrow
Pelipper now has the second ability Torrent
Dodrio now has the ability Wonder Guard (subject to change if necessary)
Swellow now has the abilities Speed Boost and Pure Power
Alakazam now has the second ability Pressure
Gardevoir now has the ability Insomnia
Grumpig now has the second ability Pressure
Xatu now has the second ability Battle Armor
Starmie now has the second ability Swift Swim
Milotic now has the ability Drizzle

Ninetales now has the second ability Drougt
Camerupt now has the second ability Huge Power
Rapidash now has the second ability Speed Boost
Arcanine now has the second ability Flame Body
Houndoom now has the ability Drought

~ You can download this in Beta 7.3

I think you should tone it down a bit on the ability giving. There are tons of abilities but you have to make sure they suit the pokemon themselves rather than just using it to make the pokemon cool. You're venturing in the realm of over powered and that destroys what made your hack so unique in the first place. Giving every pokemon speed boost and pure power cheapens that game. Slaking, pure power? really? No pokemon needs an attack power of over 900 not to mention it's speed is a base 100 as is. It was initially nerfed as is and it doesn't even have a dream world ability because of that. I think you should stick to dream world abilities, abilities that benifit gameplay or make sense in relation to the pokemon. You should know how a pokemon works and how/why it does what it does before assigning an ability. You should also at least stick to only giving second abilities not changing their exsisting ones.

I doubt I'll be updating to the newest beta because of this. You've kinda ruined some of my favorite pokemon.

Last edited:

Marksman17v

Touhou Lover
Years
You should really reconsider all the pure power/huge power/speed boost changes.
Also, Wonder guard on a Dodrio is a no-go.
Gardevoir could probably use Serene Grace as it would fit.
Drizzle and Drought should be legendaries only, imo.

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Hmmm defo going to check this out after I finish my let's Play of Light Platinum. What I would love to see in your hack is the back sprite from LP, it made battles better in my case anyway, as I could see most of my pokemon. Really made it stand out and it would help this hack out a little :)

I made me support thing but I can't post it until I get 15 posts :/

Years
If I would make a suggestion, I would say that you up the Base Stats for Azumarill and replace Juan's Luvdisc with that. Maybe increase it to 460? It's just so weak but has a lot of potential. That being said, if you do that, maybe you should increase the level at which it evolves to maybe 25-30. That's my suggestion. :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2017
Suicune, are you sure 7.3 is the final beta. Because when I reached slateport Eevee was a pokeball near the exit, and I am not sure if this has changed or not but Doduo still has wonder guard.

Also the changes on the top of this page and the general pokemon changes are totally different.

blue

gucci
Years
Suicune, are you sure 7.3 is the final beta. Because when I reached slateport Eevee was a pokeball near the exit, and I am not sure if this has changed or not but Doduo still has wonder guard.

Also the changes on the top of this page and the general pokemon changes are totally different.

Well the project is complete, any further releases are just minor add-ons or features. In 7.3 I added a ton of new second abilities to the Pokémon but these didn't go down so well so I'm going to re-release the previous beta which didn't have these.

King!

better
Years
Alright. For some reason I just read through all twenty pages of this thread...oh well xD

First of all, excellt work Suicune :3 Emerlad is my favorite of the games and I like what you've done <3 Second, I was wondering about some of the stones you get in the game. LIke, I'm trying to complete the whole Pokedex. And quite a few Pokemon evolve with the stones. And I know you can purchase the Fire, Thunder, and Waterstones somewhere. But I was wondering about the other three stones? I mean, for the Moon Stone there are six pokemon that use it to evolve, but only two in the game, I think. Except for wild Lunatone, I guess. Same with Sun Stone.

And then the Leaf Stone, lastly. I'm not sure how many Pokemon there are that use it, but is there any way to get enough of them to evolve all of them? Sorry if this is a stupid question and I'm missing something. ._. Which I probably am but oh well.

Excellent work, thank you! :D

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2017
Suicune, I did not mean to bad mouth this hack because this is one of the best and most challenging hacks I have playing so thank you for that

Edit: found Larvitar... Really rare in B1F of the Granite Cave, you just have to keep looking

Awesome hack, really challenging

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
I was waiting for someone to critique on this, I'll admit I kinda went over board with these, it was merely to buff up the Pokémon that I felt would increase the stragergies etc. but you make a good point. I initiually wasn't going to edit any abilities in the game, maybe a couple butI can easily revert back to the previous beta before I changed the abilities and just tae suggestions that are suppoorted by other members.

- This message will not concern you if you DIDN'T download Beta 7.3 -

Right, so unfortunately an problem has occured (on my behalf) after editing many abilities that were kind of unecessary it made the game unbalanced, the intention wasto do the opposite of this but basically I've re-released an earlier patch (7.23) with no ability changes aside some earlier ones and in order for the abilitys to revert back to normal on your game, you will have to use a new emerald ROM which will result in a new game but that is only if you wish to play the game without the changed abilities, if this doesn't bother you then play on as normal. You could try deleting your current rom but keeping the SAV file but I'm unsure if that works, again my apologies for this inconvenience.

Alright. For some reason I just read through all twenty pages of this thread...oh well xD

First of all, excellt work Suicune :3 Emerlad is my favorite of the games and I like what you've done <3 Second, I was wondering about some of the stones you get in the game. LIke, I'm trying to complete the whole Pokedex. And quite a few Pokemon evolve with the stones. And I know you can purchase the Fire, Thunder, and Waterstones somewhere. But I was wondering about the other three stones? I mean, for the Moon Stone there are six pokemon that use it to evolve, but only two in the game, I think. Except for wild Lunatone, I guess. Same with Sun Stone.

And then the Leaf Stone, lastly. I'm not sure how many Pokemon there are that use it, but is there any way to get enough of them to evolve all of them? Sorry if this is a stupid question and I'm missing something. ._. Which I probably am but oh well.

Excellent work, thank you! :D

Thank you very much ^^

Well, you can purchase the three elemental stones (Fire, Leaf & Water) at Fortree City Mart and then you can obtain both Sun & Moon stone at Route 112, there are screenshots in the Media section so their specific location is hard to miss really :3

Last edited:

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen yesterday
I was waiting for someone to critique on this, I'll admit I kinda went over board with these, it was merely to buff up the Pokémon that I felt would increase the stragergies etc. but you make a good point. I initiually wasn't going to edit any abilities in the game, maybe a couple butI can easily revert back to the previous beta before I changed the abilities and just tae suggestions that are suppoorted by other members.

- This message will not concern you if you DIDN'T download Beta 7.3 -

Right, so unfortunately an problem has occured (on my behalf) after editing many abilities that were kind of unecessary it made the game unbalanced, the intention wasto do the opposite of this but basically I've re-released an earlier patch (7.23) with no ability changes aside some earlier ones and in order for the abilitys to revert back to normal on your game, you will have to use a new emerald ROM which will result in a new game but that is only if you wish to play the game without the changed abilities, if this doesn't bother you then play on as normal. You could try deleting your current rom but keeping the SAV file but I'm unsure if that works, again my apologies for this inconvenience.

Thank you very much ^^

Well, you can purchase the three elemental stones (Fire, Leaf & Water) at Fortree City Mart and then you can obtain both Sun & Moon stone at Route 112, there are screenshots in the Media section so their specific location is hard to miss really :3

Thank goodness i stood with 7.27, otherwise i would be pulling my hair off. Anyways thanks for everything you've done in this rom to make it allot more better and balance aside from a small mistake that has been fixed now. Keep up the cool work.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
Years
I think I just died and went to heaven ^_^

Thanks! Started with the game and I can't wait to enjoy this version!

Back