• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
A) Through ASM hacking.
B) Just like A), except it would be much harder, because "removing" the bag size limit means having more space to store the items; in other words, you need to find some unused RAM area, make it so the bag would store/get the data from there, and also make sure that everything gets saved and loaded correctly, when saving/loading the game respectively. Not a piece of cake, really.
C) It doesn't appear to be a valid routine at all, at least in Emerald. Where did you find that?

A) That figures.
B) Also figures, I'll have to pass on that one then.
C) Someone suggested it going through hex data. Said you should call it and then get into a battle. I never got ask what it did. When I tried it out, expectedly, bad things(tm) happened.

EHKOS

Malkavian
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2010
I don't know you got so far without knowing these things..:/
1. Yes. Gibberish is in fact what you actually edit. You need to know the right numbers.
2. In the header tab, change the tileset or insert tiles.
3. Either hex edit or download the vb6 runtime files.
4. Movement permissions?

Thank you.

I left the permissions alone, I would think they would warp me to the same place if I stepped into it, no matter the tiles.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2010
When I attempt to dump the trainer sprites in RSball the picture stops on a trainer image I added in myself and the error message

Run-Time Error '9':

Subscript out of range

pops up. Help would be greatly appreciated!

Esmas

General
Years
Check what the other towns and cities use. In Fire Red, they don't use "show name", they use "show village name" or "show city name" or something like that. Dunno about Ruby. Copy the other cities. =|
Well, I'm using the default option, meaning it worked before. I hate strange glitches like these >:

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2017
I've got a problem with a cave exit (southwards). When I take certain steps, the sprikes walks OVER the exit in stead of warping to a path where the exit is leading too. Also weird is that the 'exit' arrows also appear at certain areas where it shouldn't appear o.0. Can anyone help me out.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Can anyone explain how to set a new healing place correctly?

So far I have edited a sethealing place via hex so it's on the right map, however how can I set a level script that only activates after whiting out in order to warp the player to the correct position?

Also, I know I could edit what nurse Joy says after a white out by hex editing, but how could I fully remove her speech/healing animation?

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2010
Me and my super secret hacking team are so close to releasing the first beta of our hack probably no one's heard of. Except there's one big problem...

Well, our soundtrack is completely original. And we've added the Rival Battle theme and our Gym Leader battle theme with Sappy. The problem is, our REGULAR Trainer battle theme plays instead of those 2 themes for their respective trainers.

Does anyone know how to make it so the right battle theme works for the right trainer?

We really want to release our 1st beta here, and it's finished except for that problem.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 16, 2010
I tried searching, but I couldn't find an answer. How do you make the script continue after a wild battle script. I have it pick, at random, 1 out of 20 pokemon, then you battle that pokemon, then it's suppose to be able to show a message and then you battle another random pokemon. The problem is, every time I finish the first fight the script ends. I would post the script here but it's over 1100 lines of code. Please help me if anyone knows my problem.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I tried searching, but I couldn't find an answer. How do you make the script continue after a wild battle script. I have it pick, at random, 1 out of 20 pokemon, then you battle that pokemon, then it's suppose to be able to show a message and then you battle another random pokemon. The problem is, every time I finish the first fight the script ends. I would post the script here but it's over 1100 lines of code. Please help me if anyone knows my problem.

This thread is your friend.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 16, 2010
Thanks Vrai, I would have posted it there, but for some reason my questions only get answered in this thread. >.<

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2019
Hello,

I've been thinking about this for a while,

how do i set when something happens,

I want someone to only battle you after you get your pokemon

in my hack, your rival doesn't let you pass through to route 1 untill you get your first pokemon, and when you do he wants to battle,
how do i do that?
Can someone help?

also, i want may to appear and say something,

for that i use hidesprite showsprite commands right?

but may is supose to be hidden or not there before you talk to the rival,
but when you do, she appears and talks,

How do i do that?
Sorry for that...

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Hello,

in my hack, your rival doesn't let you pass through to route 1 untill you get your first pokemon, and when you do he wants to battle,
how do i do that?
Can someone help?

How do i do that?
Sorry for that...

Alright, have her PERSON ID set as a flag.

At the start of the game, SET that flag.

After that, you just need "showsprite" and May will appear. At the end, just put hidesprite. Because the flag is already set, the rival will stay disappeared.

Don't forget your basic checkflag setflag to make the script not repeat.

Oh, for the first part, put "checkflag 0x828" to check if you've got a pokemon. Then do the basic stuff; "if 0x0 goto @skip" or whatever it might be that you've set.

Years
Hello,

how do i do that?
Can someone help?

How do i do that?
Sorry for that...

I think it would go a bit something like this actually:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Muffin™

Knows your age
Years
Alright, so I was replacing a sprite in FireRed with unLZ.GBA (hacked). SO, when I replaced Chimecho with a different sprite, it went fine. When I tested it in my ROM, it was floating too high. SO when I went back to unLZ.GBA to replace the sprite, it said "ROM not found" or something like that. Then when I Xed out of unLZ, and went back on to open the ROM, it said it wasn't found! SO I put the ROM in a different folder. And it worked fine... until I found out that the Chimecho sprite (or should I say, MY sprite!) was erased from the ROM, and was nowhere to be found. So, guys. Can you help me? Is this some glitch, bug, ect.? I need your help! :(

timson733333

Woah.
Years
Any solutions to these problems?

I'm hacking Emerald. So far I've changed the battle scenes to "A wild POKEMON appeared!" instead of "Wild POKEMON appeared!" and I also changed "TRAINER would like to battle!" to "You are challenged by TRAINER!"

However, when I search for "Foe", as in "Foe POKEMON used MOVE!" I get a whole bunch of weird hex codes. Why?

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
Alright, so I was replacing a sprite in FireRed with unLZ.GBA (hacked). SO, when I replaced Chimecho with a different sprite, it went fine. When I tested it in my ROM, it was floating too high. SO when I went back to unLZ.GBA to replace the sprite, it said "ROM not found" or something like that. Then when I Xed out of unLZ, and went back on to open the ROM, it said it wasn't found! SO I put the ROM in a different folder. And it worked fine... until I found out that the Chimecho sprite (or should I say, MY sprite!) was erased from the ROM, and was nowhere to be found. So, guys. Can you help me? Is this some glitch, bug, ect.? I need your help! :(

It said "ROM not found" because the ROM was in use. If you repointed the sprite, then load the ROM into unLZ GBA without the .pal and .spr files, it will no longer show any of the old unused sprites. Your new sprites should be in around the 400s.

Any solutions to these problems?

I'm hacking Emerald. So far I've changed the battle scenes to "A wild POKEMON appeared!" instead of "Wild POKEMON appeared!" and I also changed "TRAINER would like to battle!" to "You are challenged by TRAINER!"

However, when I search for "Foe", as in "Foe POKEMON used MOVE!" I get a whole bunch of weird hex codes. Why?
That's probably because "Foe" is only 3 bytes of data that reoccurs randomly throughout the ROM. Go to to the offsets where you changed the other dialogues, search for "Foe" again and pick the one closest to those offsets, try changing that to see if it works. Naturally, be sure to back up your ROM first.

EDIT: A better method would be to search "Foe POKEMON used" take the data for the buffer from "Wild POKEMON appeared!"

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023

Try using my tools (Advanced Pokémon Sprite Editor and Advanced Sprite Position Editor). You can adjust the positions of battle sprites directly, rather than editing the image (which off-centres it in the Summary screen).

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
My hack freezes when I try to use Cut. It freezes when the player holds up the pokeball.
Is this a known bug?

I've tried decompiling the script and everything seems to be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back