• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you guys think of the new style for Serena?

Years
To be honest Serena second looks really great on her and i highly doubt they are going to change her look again. The way she look now is far more better then her first look which wasn't bad but needed to change.

This is what I agree with. While many do want to see various new appearances as she continues travelling with Ash I do feel her current look is something unique among female leads in that it's the most overdesigned of the bunch but it gives her a sense of individuality.

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
This is what I agree with. While many do want to see various new appearances as she continues travelling with Ash I do feel her current look is something unique among female leads in that it's the most overdesigned of the bunch but it gives her a sense of individuality.

I agree. Her current look is really great and sassy, i do hope that she does keep her hair the way it is.

Last edited:
Years
Maybe it's because I am a fan of short hair, having short hair herself, but I love Serena's shorter hair. Her long hair was nice too, but I looove her new outfit way more than her old outfit and I just don't think it would have worked well if she stuck with her long hair. And I personally think it was a good step in her development to do something like that.

I think both designs worked well for her, but I guess it's because I label her a character that can look good in pretty much anything. I do agree that it would have been weird to see her keep her original outfit with the short hair, especially given that in Asian culture a haircut is meant to signify a new beginning, a rebirth of Serena, because she said she was "at the starting line of the race to her dream" and the first step was to change. Changing her outfit along with the hair shows she is a new person, and shows great development for her.

I like that she changed her hair and outfit. Since you can change your hair and outfits in XY, it's nice that they showcased it a little (although..you can't buy the same clothes in the games). It would be cool if she changes her look again, as well.

I recall the shock when I heard she was getting a redesign, but at the same time it reminded me so much of the customization feature in the games, so to have them showcase it in the anime this way was nice.

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
Years
  • Age 108
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
To be honest, her first design didn't strike anything for me, I prefer her second design, it's much cuter and what others said: cutting her hair symbolizes change. I also prefer her shorter hair but that's just my preference.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Honestly , The problem with Long Hair Serena is her "Sidetails'' !
Her Sidetails just so fluffy & short that it made her whole hair unnatural.
It was as if she was wearing a wig .
If Animator--

-- Replace her Sideswept with Bangs

--Change her sidetail by making them longer and less fluffy

-- Give her the same personality as Tea (Yu-gi-oh) .

Then She might not needed to cut her hair!
She could have look like this if Animator simply adjust her Bangs & Sidetails--
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back