• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
Years
Hey Zel, if you're still thinking about the use of PMD sprites, then here's my suggestion:

I agree with you on the fact that using them for the more common pokemon would make them look highly disproportionate to the people around them, making the only good use of those sprites for legendaries, but maybe you could also use them for the overworld pokemon that are generally already big (i.e. Gyarados, Snorlax, etc.)

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2008
hey, im new 2 the forums... and hacks in general

downloaded shiny gold 2day and havent been able 2 do anything else all day lol

i just realised i was playing an older beta of the game so i patched beta 5, but now when i hit the start button(try 2 open the menu) it crashes.... any ideas? did i patch it wrong.... should i use a fresh rom?

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
So, I guess then I must stick with having the MD sprites for the massive Pokemon, then... Would that count Mew and Celebi? (because they are small, but their FR sprite are not that nice, but then, the MD ones may be too big... What would I do there?)

Hey Zel,

I have a few questions for you about the game:

1. How many masterballs are there going to be in the game, because there are a lot of legendary pokemon to catch in the game?
2. Are the Hoen legendary pokemon more difficult to find then the other legendary pokemon

anyway, your hack is great

Ps: sorry for my bad english, i'm dutch

Probably the only real need of a Master Ball would be for Entei and Raikou, as all the rest of the legendaries are not that difficult to catch. Perhaps there will be another in that case.

In my opinion, they'll be the same (in the end, they are all events), but I guess that's just a matter of opinions.

CHe! Zel.
That's good to see at least here in CP over these assets, in order, I say that if you come to Green City and there is a disaster mapping, but nope nothing happens ... I think ... But the record that I = CRAVER, I am going to translate into Spanish the Shiny Gold ... Zel in order to say no more luck and I wish you bon voyage ...
We will in any Occasion... Suerte Papà!

Gah, looked like a horrible Babelfish translation >.<

Nevermind, I know that you will be working on the Spanish translation, so I'm wishing you luck on that!

hey zel is a remix of the team rocket hideout going to be in the next beta i really want to hear that song remixed

clonex25 worked on one (I think he has it on his signature, if I'm not mistaken. If not, care to show it again, clonex?

elow there zel.
I was playing beta 5 earlier today, and I noticed this little glitch.
Dunno if it has been reported, but here's the video... :\

Sounds like something I wasnt reported yet. Alright, let's put another path blocker (hehehe... -_-)

hey, im new 2 the forums... and hacks in general

downloaded shiny gold 2day and havent been able 2 do anything else all day lol

i just realised i was playing an older beta of the game so i patched beta 5, but now when i hit the start button(try 2 open the menu) it crashes.... any ideas? did i patch it wrong.... should i use a fresh rom?

Yes, use a fresh rom, because patching over already patched roms will surely lead to problems.

Alright, now, in terms of updates, let me do a review about stuff that is finished, stuff that is planned and, and stuff...

*In terms of storyline, all the mapping and scripting is complete. The only thing that is left is touching the levels of the Pokemon for the second round of the Elite4 (I havent taken the game so seriously to have a good idea of which levels should I give them, but most likely, as the second round is supposed to be optional, expect it to be high... no, not lv100!)

*Speaking of the second round, let me tell you that I've read some strategies guides, so I put good moves combinations (some of the elite4 will have some new Pokemon as well), let's hope they wont so stupid of using them wrong. Gah, AI will mess with everything, I'm sure of it >o<

*Reviewing, you'll be able to catch 2 legendary Pokemon (one is the obvious Lugia, the second I cannot tell you), besides, there will be the appearance of two more that cannot be caught yet.

*As you have seen, there will be some more GSC music tracks, I doubt we'll have them all (in fact, I wouldnt want to have them all inserted yet), probably some of the tracks that I inserted on the B5 will be removed.

*I still havent started the Beta testing and the bug fixing, but I want to have less bugs than in B5. Besides, with Advance Map 1.9 (which I'm still not using, as I dont see it too stable yet) some of the bugs can be gotten rid of.

*It's not really important (to me), but there will be the possibility of trading with RSE, after speaking with Oak and letting him register you as a "Professional Trainer" (keep in mind that you may deny and the chance wont be given again)

*And then, there's the stuff that I still have to work on before starting with the Beta testing phase, which are the thinking of two or three more puzzles for the Trick House, and a few mini games to waste some playing time. About the mini games I'll mention more in the future, as I have done some already while some others I have a good idea of how to make them, and there may be one or two that I'm still not sure how to do it, but the idea's there.

Phew... That's all I had for the update report. Now you should wait till I work a bit more and I'll be showing a few screenshots or talking about game's stuff from time to time.

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
Years
So, I guess then I must stick with having the MD sprites for the massive Pokemon, then... Would that count Mew and Celebi? (because they are small, but their FR sprite are not that nice, but then, the MD ones may be too big... What would I do there?)

After reading this post, I actually took the time to compare the MD sprites of Mew & Celebi with their FR counterparts, and the size of each one are are quite relative to one another, so using those sprites shouldn't be a problem for legendaries like Mew & Celebi.

Well, as far as the rest of the project goes, I bestow upon you any luck that I don't need (meaning pretty much all of it), and I pray that you don't have any heart attacks over the amount of posts you'll likely be getting in this thread.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
Years
*In terms of storyline, all the mapping and scripting is complete. The only thing that is left is touching the levels of the Pokemon for the second round of the Elite4 (I havent taken the game so seriously to have a good idea of which levels should I give them, but most likely, as the second round is supposed to be optional, expect it to be high... no, not lv100!)

*Speaking of the second round, let me tell you that I've read some strategies guides, so I put good moves combinations (some of the elite4 will have some new Pokemon as well), let's hope they wont so stupid of using them wrong. Gah, AI will mess with everything, I'm sure of it >o<

I think the E4 should have levels 60-high 70s like FireRed's E4 did. Thats not going overboard, Red is still the best challenge in the game and you could try adding a bonus to it like double money or a spare Master Ball.

Also, since trading with R/S/E isnt a priority, is there going to be an event for Groudon and Kyogre that involves Brendan and May? Their sprites are in the game for the Multi-player capacity, but it would be nice for them to show up to help lay the foundation for that event and to battle trainers just beneath or equal to Red's ability (and it wouldn't waste sprites).

Last edited:

clonex25

Just droppin' by...
Years
clonex25 worked on one (I think he has it on his signature, if I'm not mistaken. If not, care to show it again, clonex?

It's still there, zel. Unless I've accidentally removed the file.

To SG guys out there: I'm still working out on the other themes. I'm glad that you've commented in my YouTube vid. This inspires me to have better works. If you want to hear some of my remixes (formally called arrangements), PM me and I'll give you the links.

Years
hi
i we patched the game with smartIPS an i started it in No$GBA 2.6a
and i can't go downstairs in in the start of the game (my room)
and when i press enter/start button i get an error:
"image room crashed"
plz help me i wan't to play this game

(sry for bad english)

EDIT: can somebody send me a patched version that works plz

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
hi
"image room crashed"

(sry for bad english)

Do it in a VBA. And patch with Lips IPS. The results will be better. BTW, this thread is not for asking simple questions like this. *Reports*

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2008
hi
"image room crashed"

(sry for bad english)

i had the same prob when i patched beta 5.... i was using no$gba also, looks like this beta doesnt work with that emulator becus when i tried it on vba it worked fine.

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
This is a really nice hack, Zel! So, do you plan on finishing it?

He's almost done already

I vote you use MD sprites they'll look better

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Whoa only just found out that the topic re-opened. I like the sound of the new updates, and the music that clonex25 is making :).

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2014
About smal legends. Imho they should stay the way they are in FR. Only bigger legends like: lugia, ho-oh, legendary dogs needs MD sprites. Dunno about legendary birds...

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2008
thanks for the reply zel cant wait until you finish your hack and why are some of the remixes being removed personally I thought they were great

Last edited:
Years
yay zel is back. great 2 see you are alive and well. i have just one question though,
will the pre-evolutions and evolutions of pokemon that are in this game but didnt enter the series until diamond and pearl be in this game. E.G : happiny, yanmega, magmortar etc.

if not it doesnt matter but in my oppinion it would make the game more realistic

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 6, 2023
I'm pretty sure there won't be D/P pokemon, considering its a hack of FireRed, and is supposed to be a remake of Gold/Silver.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
Years
Zel, do you still need someone to do sprites for stuff like the Apricorns and the GS Ball? Cause I have sprites for those items (see attached) and Im willing to help with any others you need. Im sorry if the apricorn doesnt quite look right, Im still working on them.

Edit: I've added the Apricorn source material as well (since the only time an apricorn was seen was in the Anime thats what it's based on)

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
well don't acorns have little points at the end?
your acorn looks more like an eggplant but it still looks pretty good.
The G.S ball looks great so i can't complain.
but you should've kept the thread closed until there were big updates.
Too many people are starting to spam here now.

Back