• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Why there is no vs seeker because i want to train my new pokemon team, I don't want to train them in the grass it will took ages.
Sometimes,grinding is the best policy,unless you use rare candies :)
if you are stuck and you are too lazy to browse every page of this thread..just go to google then type your question and add pokecommunity.com at the end of your question..
Or theres a search button on the top of the page ;)
Did you notice that there arent any fly points after Skyner city?
Maybe there are, im just two cities after Skyner and both of them dont have fly points.
Most citys in Lauren don't have fly points but some still do,just be sure not to delete any t moves the gym leaders of Lauren gives use until the world championship,because after all,the world championship is tough and you are probably not going anywhere after that event unless you want to complete your pokedex and catch legends ;)

as far as i know wesley is only waiting for the full english version then he will star the final version of light platinum..im not that 100% sure..but im hoping..i know this will include night and day..
Why would Wesley wait for the english version while it's already here? ;)
It IS awesome xD It has Arceus' icon xD
Just curious,was that icon thing a glitch or did Wesley mess up the two pokemon, it's been bugging me for a long time xD

DoodleZ

Wild Trainer Appeared!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 13, 2015
Lol that Mienshao is long gone, as soon as I could I got myself a Machamp, it destroys everything in its path :P
Still wondering about that Alakazam tho...

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
So I heard people comment about that glitch that when you evolve certain 1st generation pokemons to 4th generation they drop levels.

However, my Magmar (at lvl 40) evolved and jumped to lvl 43. Am I just epic or is this also common?

(I hope the stats it got included those 3 lvls, if not, I was robbed D: )

Edit: Also, I was considering raising a Scraggy for its evolution. Anyone know if it's worth it?

Also, my Deino came as a female and I want a male. Can I catch another or I gotta breed?

Years
Breloom is still good if u know how to use it aand my staraptor is at lv 56 when does it learned close combat ????? lol.also I grinded my pokes against zhery e 4 finally beat them to today yay

Hyredigon lv 69
Infernape lv 66
Blastosie lv 66
Staraotor.lv 56
Sceptile lv 80
Eelctross lv 52
U like ???? :

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2013
i say this 097423742 time

search google : 0907 - pokemon - ruby version (u) (v1.0) 4shared

Ironic, because you do the same by asking questions that have been answered before many times.

Did you notice that there arent any fly points after Skyner city?
Maybe there are, im just two cities after Skyner and both of them dont have fly points.

I think somebody mentioned that there aren't enough fly point programmed into the game or something.

So wesley only worked with what he could.

my staraptor is at lv 56 when does it learned close combat ?????

Never.

This game only has 3rd gen moves.

Pokemon from gen IV+ get a new moveset.

SPEAKING OF TEAMS,

I want to know what kind of teams people used trough the game.

As for me, I used the same throughout the game.

I started using charmander, but quickly switched to growlithe when I got it.
Then I got mudkip, which became part of my team.
Then I got larvitar so I used him, then duskull, the dratini.

So my final team was:

Arcanine-Most helpful team member at the start of the game, but since his moveset isn't so varied in gen 3(IMO), he started to "lack" in Lauren+.

Swampert-Very useful, I was very dependent on him.

Tyranitar-Probably my highest leveled and most used, also allot of fun.

Dusknoir-A great tank, with Will-O-Wisp and confuse ray he became very helpful.

Dragonite-Overall a strong and bulky pokemon with a varied movepool, also one of the funnest.

Last edited:

leews24

ha
Years
I never have the common team, and get something nobody gets.
My firstplaythrough, after the World champ are:
Giratina 79
Charizard 79
Hydreigon 76(awful lot of grinding, but worth it)
Ferligatr 80
Electivire 79
Kadabra 78(noop, no alakazam)
Blaziken was on the team too until41

On second playthrough(the walkthrough)
I got
Milotic, Charizard, Zoroark, Electivire and Snorlax, currently at groment city:)

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2011
Where Can I Get HM fly in this game D:? I'm kinda annoyed with my ability of unable to fly :l Is there any good electric pokemons without Pikachu of his low defense x.x?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Just curious,was that icon thing a glitch or did Wesley mess up the two pokemon, it's been bugging me for a long time xD
Just a minor glitch, I'm very able to fix it ;)

However, my Magmar (at lvl 40) evolved and jumped to lvl 43. Am I just epic or is this also common?
For the 923,248th time, growth rates are different that's why =)

Breloom is still good if u know how to use it aand my staraptor is at lv 56 when does it learned close combat ?????
For the 1,082,895th time... No, this is still 3rd game hack which means you don't have access to 4th gen games.

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
omg i love how theres no flying places but you get a skymory as your bike for this :D such awesomeness :D

Years
Sometimes,grinding is the best policy,unless you use rare candies :)

Or theres a search button on the top of the page ;)
Most citys in Lauren don't have fly points but some still do,just be sure not to delete any t moves the gym leaders of Lauren gives use until the world championship,because after all,the world championship is tough and you are probably not going anywhere after that event unless you want to complete your pokedex and catch legends ;)

Why would Wesley wait for the english version while it's already here? ;)

How can i use rare candies if I only have 2 candies that i have already used.

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
I'm extremely irritated right now because I've somehow missed the second badge (I've got badges 1, 3 and 4) and I don't know where to go because I can't go back to the city where the 2nd gym is because I don't have the Surf HM or anything else that enables me to go back. Also, I'm trapped in the sense of going forward as well because I'm unable to use Fire Surf because I haven't earned the badge.

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2011
Hi, first I need to say thank you Wesley and Snakebyte for the game and the translation. Awesome game!!

I am having a problem with the game, I got to the 2nd region, but I am stuck at Flamenery town. I beat the gym leader at Kosako, and I try searching on google and previous posts in this topic. Some of the post said I need to beat professor ellie, but she is not there. Thus I cannot get the guy blocking mt. vulcan to move.

Some help please.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2011
Hi, first I need to say thank you Wesley and Snakebyte for the game and the translation. Awesome game!!

I am having a problem with the game, I got to the 2nd region, but I am stuck at Flamenery town. I beat the gym leader at Kosako, and I try searching on google and previous posts in this topic. Some of the post said I need to beat professor ellie, but she is not there. Thus I cannot get the guy blocking mt. vulcan to move.

Some help please.

You're going to have to find/ talk to her, she won't find you...she's in Flamerny, close to the northern entrance if I recall

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Is there anyway to evolve my Lampent? I checked the threads and I found someone saying it would evolve at Level 60 which it didn't -_- :L. I know there's an in game trade for one with a Zebstrika but I've spent alot of time grinding it to 60 :') Any help would be much appreciated :L

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
Hi guys, I just wanted to launch a small discussion to help me make a choice.

Till now I have chosen Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic, and I am already starting to wonder if I did it wrong. I can't help it, I always tend to choose fire pokemon over the others and those 3 look cooler than any of their generations starters, in my opinion.

However I have came to a debate when I am asked to choose the fourth generation starter.

I don't know their movesets in this game, so could anyone enlighten me on those and advice me on which one I should choose and why?

Thanks alot

Back