• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Thank u guys.That helped me so much.But i cant use that script editor.There are no texts like in Advance Text and I cant find 'em.
Alright then be careful if you use Advance Text. You should learn to use a hex editor, though.

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
i have some yape troble, i made a new pokemon in one of the 25 empty spots between celebi and treeko and it only has one move tackle, how can i add more? because it wont let me

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
i have some yape troble, i made a new pokemon in one of the 25 empty spots between celebi and treeko and it only has one move tackle, how can i add more? because it wont let me

That's because the ROM has a set number of moves which it can distribute across all Pokemon. To give you more flexibility with your moves, just go to the first/second evolutions of other Pokemon in YAPE and remove anything that is listed twice (e.g. Venusaur learns Vine Whip, Growl and Leech Seed twice - All at level 1 and again at level 4/7/10). By removing all of these repeted attacks in your ROM you should come up with room for about 200 attacks which you can use on any Pokemon you want.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
hey guys. when i open new map i made (was viridian city) in advance map, i got these error messages. but because im on a mac i cant open the offset. i tried playing in game and when i reach the city it freezes for a moment or heavily lags, then the sprite disappears and the game freezes.

Years
hey guys,

I want to take part in the 'Special Pairs' Challenge, adn to do so I have to hack a few things into the game, heart Gold in this case. namely, change one of the starter pokemon, add in a person that will gift me a pokemon, and change 2 item locations and evolution methods. I'm trying to do a run with Magmortar/Electivire, so does anybody know of a way to help me?

BrokenRoses

Rom Hacker & PSP Hacker GOD!!!
Years
Are Pokemon Ds games fully hackable yet? (Map, pokemon, ow, sprites?)
(I been out of rom hacking for over a year.)

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Sort of. There is a map tool that hasn't been released yet, and the other things listed mostly have tool for them. The word "fully" however is always a questionable term. We still don't completely know how all of 3rd gen works.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years

Some aspects such as gym Pokemon, I think are now edittable, check the toolbox for some tools.
Always check all the threads, sometimes the titles are not very descriptive to what they contain.

As for mapping, there ARE 2 seperate tools currently in development, one is a viewer and another is to go further, an editor.
Though both are far from completion.
Maybe you should check out their threads.

You can't go wrong with hex editting (well, you can but you know what I mean, it's the most foolproof hacking tool),
although that is rather advanced and not as easy to learn as it is all in code.

Best thing to do is just keep an eye on the toolbox, etc or take up some studying.
I'm doing both to be honest, although I am more partial to tools because I
don't deem my knowledge proficient enough in knowledge yet to attack the
rom in a more direct way.

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
Years
So...

I've still not been able to successfully import my intro sprite into my rom... Every time that I try to, I still get this:
pokemonpinkjelly.png

I have attempted to change the palette with APE, but really nothing's working out. =/ I followed this tutorial but was never able to get it to work right for myself. Anyone have a solution?

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
Really quick question here, how would I go about changing the regular battle music in Fire Red? I wanted to take the music from Emerald and switch it. I know it's not that big a deal as it's music and it's corrupted (at least for me) half the time, but it still would be nice to have the Emerald "feel" in my hack.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Really quick question here, how would I go about changing the regular battle music in Fire Red? I wanted to take the music from Emerald and switch it. I know it's not that big a deal as it's music and it's corrupted (at least for me) half the time, but it still would be nice to have the Emerald "feel" in my hack.

I'm no pro at this but I've seen a few tutorials on the site and some tools that will let you change music, and with a quick google search you should be able to find the emerald music
(off topic: If you want a emerald feel why not hack emerald?)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
So...

I've still not been able to successfully import my intro sprite into my rom... Every time that I try to, I still get this:
pokemonpinkjelly.png

I have attempted to change the palette with APE, but really nothing's working out. =/ I followed this tutorial but was never able to get it to work right for myself. Anyone have a solution?

Oh how wonderful our tool developers are to have created NSE. (Nameless Sprite Editor)

See this puppy can handle any graphic in the game, go on, find it, and try it out!
It's in the toolbox, the bookmark file has infor you need.

Washibon

---
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2011
Well, depends. This huge space is within the 2nd tileset (pallette is different, as in, pallette are the colours) and that tileset is specific to some areas. If you add tiles there that you mean to use everywhere, it doesn't work. You need to add it to the major tileset.

Ah, I see. I'll try that then, Thank-You for your help!

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021

if you were originally hacking emerald and switched roms because the bgms got corrupted you might want to look at this w w w.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=217054&highlight=emerald <<(i wish i read this earlier)

Washibon

---
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2011
So...

pokemonpinkjelly.png

I have this issue too, but with the backsprite here;

87bd17f1

NSE can't edit this.. I tried flipping through all the sprites, and the Pokemon front/back sprites didn't show up.

As for APE, I don't know the offset for Bulbasaur's back sprite.. If anyone has it, I'd appreciate if you let me know what it is. c:

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I have this issue too, but with the backsprite here;

87bd17f1

NSE can't edit this.. I tried flipping through all the sprites, and the Pokemon front/back sprites didn't show up.

As for APE, I don't know the offset for Bulbasaur's back sprite.. If anyone has it, I'd appreciate if you let me know what it is. c:
Try indexing it with photoshop/Irfanveiw, the open Unlz/Nlz-gba/Nentenlord's graphics editor, and clicking import palette. That should work.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
I posted this in the ROM Hacking Discussion by mistake. :/

Anyway, I wanted to know if I could change the encounters in FR/LG. I'd like to add certain Pokemon to certain routes and events to obtain every Kanto/Johto/Hoenn Pokemon over the course of the game. The starters of each region can be obtained through certain tasks. Kanto starters are a reward for seeing 75 and 125 Pokemon respectively from Oak. You need to beat the Elite Four once for a Johto, three times for another, and seven for the last one. Hoenn needs to complete a sidequest, which will replace the Sevii Islands. I plan on turning that entire area to a mini-region, with it's own storyline, trainers, and Pokemon to encounter.

How would I accomplish this? What tools should I use?

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I posted this in the ROM Hacking Discussion by mistake. :/

Anyway, I wanted to know if I could change the encounters in FR/LG. I'd like to add certain Pokemon to certain routes and events to obtain every Kanto/Johto/Hoenn Pokemon over the course of the game. The starters of each region can be obtained through certain tasks. Kanto starters are a reward for seeing 75 and 125 Pokemon respectively from Oak. You need to beat the Elite Four once for a Johto, three times for another, and seven for the last one. Hoenn needs to complete a sidequest, which will replace the Sevii Islands. I plan on turning that entire area to a mini-region, with it's own storyline, trainers, and Pokemon to encounter.

How would I accomplish this? What tools should I use?
I think xse and a-map should be able to accomplish this. You'll need to compare your scripts with some other ingame scripts, or else you'll have to research quite a bit of the ram. You'll have to do little of it anyway.

Also a repost, What are these? (all images found in a clean pokemon ruby rom)
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
I think xse and a-map should be able to accomplish this. You'll need to compare your scripts with some other ingame scripts, or else you'll have to research quite a bit of the ram. You'll have to do little of it anyway.
Thanks! The obtaining every Pokemon during normal play is probably the most important, as I'm fine with the Sevii Islands, I just would like to complete my Pokedex without having to fiddle with trading. Thanks for your help.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Thanks! The obtaining every Pokemon during normal play is probably the most important, as I'm fine with the Sevii Islands, I just would like to complete my Pokedex without having to fiddle with trading. Thanks for your help.
If you want to make it so tha pokemon like graveler evolve without trading, you'll have to use a program like yape. Otherwise you would have to make a script that gave it to you, or make an encounter in wild grass. Sorry, I guess I forgot about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back