• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Asphar Version

Of which feature would you like to see a short video?

• A Storyline Event

Votes: 44 40.0%
  • The Revamped Intro

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • The Battle System

Votes: 38 34.5%
  • Training

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • The Laptop

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • The Menu

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Pokemon World

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Move Selection

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • Something Else (please state)

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
Years
Awesome, I love the fact that you are showing us these screens. Everything seems to be OK, fatigue system is one of the best kinds of systems probably ever put to any pokemon game, I hope we (the audience) can soon see more video or limited little demo of the game, because it seems to be quite a big one.

Years
Awesome, I love the fact that you are showing us these screens. Everything seems to be OK, fatigue system is one of the best kinds of systems probably ever put to any pokemon game, I hope we (the audience) can soon see more video or limited little demo of the game, because it seems to be quite a big one.

In regards to the video, I've just added a poll, so tell me what you want to see a video of. :)

In regards to a demo... There probably won't be one. I wouldn't feel right releasing a version of this game which didn't have every single feature in it. And when I've completed every single feature, then I may as well wait until the rest is completely finished too. :)

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
ooh i like the update nice idea of the fatigue thing

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
Fatigue is a smarter idea than PP but maybe some moves can restore Fatigue like Recover and restore a little or even a new move

Years
Sure. That always got on my nerves. :P
Also, I'd like to introduce the feature of...
"Move Selection"
Each Pokemon can learn many different moves which they don't have to forget. At any point outside of battle, a player can access a Pokemon's Skills Screen and choose out of all that Pokemon's learnt techniques, which 4 he wants to set for battle. This allows for lots of strategic customisation on the player's part.​

Can I ask for 8? if not 6. 6 (at least) Would be better since I have a few kinda strong movset in mind that can perform good combos

Fatigue is a smarter idea than PP but maybe some moves can restore Fatigue like Recover and restore a little or even a new move

Agree. Recover/Roost will supposedly restore it a little. But i dont think there's need for a new move

Last edited:
Years

Good idea there. Moves like Recover, Rest, etc.

Can I ask for 8? if not 6. 6 (at least) Would be better since I have a few kinda strong movset in mind that can perform good combos

Sorry man, I'll be sticking to 4 now.

what starters will there be in this game?
like it says on the first page

Sorry, my bad, I forgot to change the first page. Since I've added the 'Choose Hometown' feature, there's many different starter Pokemon you can have - Roughly about a different 5 per hometown. (though you'll have to find out what they are for yourself) :)

Years
Looks like I'll be doing a video on the battle system. I'll also include a tiny storyline event and a little look at some of the menu too. So expect that within 48 hours. :)

Last edited:

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
Oh if it's possible maybe there should be a pokemon age. The longer you have it the moves it can have at any one time.

so 0-1 month 4 moves, 1-3 months 5 moves, ect. to a max of like 8 after a year or something.

Years
Oh if it's possible maybe there should be a pokemon age. The longer you have it the moves it can have at any one time.

so 0-1 month 4 moves, 1-3 months 5 moves, ect. to a max of like 8 after a year or something.

Tis a great idea, and I am tempted, but I think due to everything else involved with learning, improving and choosing moves, I don't think I'll use it. Thanks for the input though, it really makes me re-evaluate things and usually improves them.

Here's the video, sorry it's a bit late.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU4NiQLo39o

I realise it's quite short, and no audio, but there'll be longer & better ones up soon.

Years
Ah, awesome and it seems that there you can see wild pokemon jump at you? That is cool. But now I have few thinks to talk about, have you already made some gyms and what kind of they will be, and how the rules in the gym affect your gameplay? Let's put it this way!

Questions!

1: In the gym how do battles proceed, sometimes in the anime there is restrictions like you can only use 2 or 3 pokemons or so?

2: If the Question#1 will be inputted to the game will all the gymleaders have 6 pokemon and they will randomly choose some of them (or the best fitted) pokemon to fight you?

3: Are gym matches re-matchable?

Years
Ah, awesome and it seems that there you can see wild pokemon jump at you? Yep. That is cool. But now I have few thinks to talk about, have you already made some gyms and what kind of they will be, and how the rules in the gym affect your gameplay? Let's put it this way!

Questions! Yay, I love questions :D

1: In the gym how do battles proceed, sometimes in the anime there is restrictions like you can only use 2 or 3 pokemons or so? Yes, there are restrictions on most of the gyms to make you think more strategically. For example, there's one gym that is similar to the Cerulean Gym in the anime - just a pool of water - so if you send out a Bulbasaur, unless it can swim I think you'd have some problems :P That said, you're not necessarily restricted to water Pokemon, flying Pokemon could work too - Gym Leader will also not be restricted to water either.

2: If the Question#1 will be inputted to the game will all the gymleaders have 6 pokemon and they will randomly choose some of them (or the best fitted) pokemon to fight you? Most of them will have a few more than 6 (they have PCs too :P), and that's always constantly changing too as they catch new Pokemon, evolve them, trade them, etc. And usually they'll pick at random which ones to fight you with (as neither of you know the other person's Pokemon before the battle anyways).

3: Are gym matches re-matchable? All of them are rematchable, but generally speaking, your Reputation will take a big knock after losing to a Gym Leader, and sometimes they may not want to battle you straight away after losing that Rep.

Comments in bold. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask :D

Years
Okey, you asked for it so here comes a mass load of them!

Starting:

1: There will be a lot of different methods of evolving pokemons, stones, trading, different moves and level and such thing. How are you going to work on this aspect, trading pokemons with other trainers? Will there be a poll where randomly some NpC:s demand a trade with a pokemon they want to trade for something? Need to get the Machamp somehow!

2: Will there be a Trick Master in the game, and if there is will he give you the Trick Room TM?

3: You tell us in the first page that there will be no traditional Elite Four only a tournament like in the anime. I was wondering if there would be a tournament and the winner or the tournament would get the priviledge to challenge Elite Four?

4: Is it possibe to become a leader of your own gym, and get calls for gym fight to protect your own gymbadge! (Post-game!) Name would be: OOTC-gym (Out-of-the-City).

5: Will you be developing better badges, those don't look too shiny to me. Well it is my own option but you could probably use more imagination to them.

6: Exactly how many rivals you get, I love rival and gym battles. So I think character should get more than a 1 Rival, other could have little less importance.

7: When you go to Elite Four tournament and win, will the badges be taken from you and you need to get them again? If so, it is awesome!

8: How well can you accually input strategies to trainers? Can you make them do some moves or use some special attack at different spots? *Trying to get some ideas what is coming xD*

9: Will you have double battles in this? Accually I would like the idea if some trainers would ask do you wanna normal or double battle. It would be another unique feature to the game. :D

10: You said that you are gonna include 151 first original pokemon + some secret special pokemons. I would love if you could include at least first 2 generations and all the evolutions they have in the other generations. I love first and second generation most. Or if you can't or don't want to include second generation I will be sad because I can't get my Yanma and Heracross. :(

11: Will you include 1 Shiny Pokemon event? Like there was a Red Gyarados in 2nd gen?

12: And the most important of all, I want cameo xD!

And lastly, I am from Finland and I chuckled to the names of the towns that you can start in. They have lots of resemblances in finnish language.

Tuli = Fire in finnish and Vero = Tax in finland Firetax Town!

Ranikko Town, if it would be Rannikko Town it would mean Shore Town in finnish xD, Rannikko means Shore in Finnish :D

And also Metsaro town, if Metsa would be spelled Metsä it would mean forest in finland. also Tukimus Town, Tuki means support in finnish xD.

Last edited:
Years
Okey, you asked for it so here comes a mass load of them!

Rubs hands in glee. Bring it on! :D

1: There will be a lot of different methods of evolving pokemons, stones, trading, different moves and level and such thing. How are you going to work on this aspect, trading pokemons with other trainers? Will there be a poll where randomly some NpC:s demand a trade with a pokemon they want to trade for something? Need to get the Machamp somehow!

In this game, there won't be much straight Pokemon trading, except at a weekly Trader's Market in one of the bigger cities. There'll be others who may offer to trade throughout your journey, but you could never be sure about the quality of the Pokemon you'd be getting. Apart from that, there's always the Pokemon Trade Market, where you can buy and sell Pokemon rather than trading directly. Also, Pokemon won't be evolving after trades, and the only one that will evolve from the stones is Eevee (apart from some special circumstances).

2: Will there be a Trick Master in the game, and if there is will he give you the Trick Room TM?

Yes, there will be a Trick House. The prize will be something different though.

3: You tell us in the first page that there will be no traditional Elite Four only a tournament like in the anime. I was wondering if there would be a tournament and the winner or the tournament would get the priviledge to challenge Elite Four?

Nah, there won't be any Elite Four - but as the champion of the tournament, you will have to constantly defend your title, and may be called upon to do special tasks (such as making a appearance at a grand opening of a new department store, or to explore new places and tame untameable Pokemon.

4: Is it possibe to become a leader of your own gym, and get calls for gym fight to protect your own gymbadge! (Post-game!) Name would be: OOTC-gym (Out-of-the-City).

As of now, there are no plans for the player to get their own gym - although depending on how things go, it may be something I consider later on in development. However, if you befriend a certain Gym Leader, a minor storyline will become available where you take over that Leader's Gym for a small amount of time.

5: Will you be developing better badges, those don't look too shiny to me. Well it is my own option but you could probably use more imagination to them.

Ah, those badges. Yes, they will be completely different. At the moment, this game is moving along quite quickly and I sometimes forget to move screenshots from the 'New' section to the 'Out-dated' section.

6: Exactly how many rivals you get, I love rival and gym battles. So I think character should get more than a 1 Rival, other could have little less importance.

Through your journey, you'll meet many different people - some will become friends, some will become enemies - but you can usually count on both to provide you with intense battles with lots of rivalry. How many depends on you, and how you play the game. :)

7: When you go to Elite Four tournament and win, will the badges be taken from you and you need to get them again? If so, it is awesome!

No, I think a lot of people would kill me if they had to go out and get all the badges again. :P

8: How well can you accually input strategies to trainers? Can you make them do some moves or use some special attack at different spots? *Trying to get some ideas what is coming xD*

I'm trying my best to make the AI as smart and strategic as possible, and so far things are going well. The battles are definately challenging me so far, but I never was the best player, so I won't really know until I get people to beta test (which won't be for a while yet). I've included an option for the Player to change the difficulty though.

9: Will you have double battles in this? Accually I would like the idea if some trainers would ask do you wanna normal or double battle. It would be another unique feature to the game. :D

Sorry, but there won't be any double-battles in the game. :(

10: You said that you are gonna include 151 first original pokemon + some secret special pokemons. I would love if you could include at least first 2 generations and all the evolutions they have in the other generations. I love first and second generation most. Or if you can't or don't want to include second generation I will be sad because I can't get my Yanma and Heracross. :(

Oh darn it, another thing I've forgotten. I have a thread on a few different forums and sometimes I post things in one, and forget to in others. I've recently decided to include the 2nd Gen Pokemon too. :) But that's definately the limit. No 3rd or 4th Gen.

11: Will you include 1 Shiny Pokemon event? Like there was a Red Gyarados in 2nd gen?

There may be one or two ;)

12: And the most important of all, I want cameo xD!

Sure lol. Probably won't be for a while, but I will be asking people to be trainers in-game :P

And lastly, I am from Finland and I chuckled to the names of the towns that you can start in. They have lots of resemblances in finnish language.

Tuli = Fire in finnish and Vero = Tax in finland Firetax Town!

Ranikko Town, if it would be Rannikko Town it would mean Shore Town in finnish xD, Rannikko means Shore in Finnish :D

And also Metsaro town, if Metsa would be spelled Metsä it would mean forest in finland. also Tukimus Town, Tuki means support in finnish xD.

I'm so glad that someone noticed :). I always love my in-game locations to have meaning and stuff, so whenever I want to think of a name, I just open a translator, pick a random language and type in some relevant words. The Rannikko and Metsä meanings are pretty much dead on. Tulivero - I'm sure that meant volcano, or fire-mountain in some language. And Tukimus I think had meant crowded or something similar - but I like the 'support' translation better :)

Hope your questions were answered well enough. Thanks.

Biggar

Catcher of all 493 Pokémon
Years
Is everybody stupid!? This game is absolutely a 100% FAIL!
No, just kidding. I love it! Although I have to say I liked the first battle screen better...

Btw: Please email all of the files to someone who can handle it. I really would hate you if you got driven over by a car and the game was never released =p

Biggar

Catcher of all 493 Pokémon
Years
I don't know if the pkmn trading market is such a good idea. Like this you threat pkmn like products, which is absolutely not anime-ish. Wouldn't it be better to make it more like Nintendo WFC? also, I would use a font that is easier to read...

*Oh man... Can't wait to play it...*

Back