• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Asphar Version

Of which feature would you like to see a short video?

• A Storyline Event

Votes: 44 40.0%
  • The Revamped Intro

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • The Battle System

Votes: 38 34.5%
  • Training

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • The Laptop

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • The Menu

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Pokemon World

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Move Selection

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • Something Else (please state)

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
Years
Pokemon Asphar

Engine: RPG Maker 2003
Region: Custom region known as Asphar
Pokemon Included: Originally was only going to include Kanto, but am now also including Johto Pokemon too.

---------------
Introduction
---------------

Spoiler:

---------------
Storyline
---------------

Spoiler:

---------------
Features
---------------

Spoiler:

---------------
New Screenshots
---------------

Spoiler:

---------------
Old Screenshots
---------------

Spoiler:

---------------
Progress
---------------

Spoiler:

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread. :)​

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Wow, it's great to see another unique and feature rich Rm2k3 fan game here.
Not using the starter kit I feel forces ya to come up with your own systems (since you are developing at your own limits) and I think you have a very interesting set of features there.
The art for the battle window needs to be improved. I'd like to see bigger icons (the bottom left icons) and better colors used for the window itself (and while I'm at it-better colors for the danger bar).
I do like the direction of the battle feature in general- and I'm assuming that this style is the main attraction to the game (going by the feature list), so good luck on pulling it off.
As a fellow Rm2k3 developer myself, I must state that if you ever need advice on how to code a feature, send me a PM.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
haha as soon as i saw rm2k/3 i knew neo would be attracted to it =)

Im not to sure about the battle scenes?
Is it suppose to be in a pokedex?

I like your ideas though. Like declining the trainer battles. FINALLY! =)

Last edited:

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
OMG!
I was thinking on making a game moreless like yours, but I didn't know where to start... but, good luck!! I'd like to help on your game but i'm busy with mine...

*cross fingers* I'll look forward for an update.

Years
Not using the starter kit I feel forces ya to come up with your own systems (since you are developing at your own limits)

I couldn't agree more :)

The art for the battle window needs to be improved. I'd like to see bigger icons (the bottom left icons) and better colors used for the window itself (and while I'm at it-better colors for the danger bar).

Thanks for the constructive suggestions. Any sort of art is definately my weakest skill area, I'm more of a scripter/coder/writer kind of guy. Bigger icons I can do, but any ideas on what sorta colour pallette I should try? I'm not very good with colour and what goes well with what.

Im not to sure about the battle scenes?
Is it suppose to be in a pokedex?

Yeah, it is sorta inside a pokedex. In this game, your pokedex will be used for a lot more than just reading data on pokemon, so I thought it would be 'neat' and 'different' to almost have it as the background.
Then again, my judgement on these sort of things isn't the best. :laugh:

Like declining the trainer battles. FINALLY! =)

Yay, I'm not the only one wanted the feature to decline them! :P

Thanks to everyone for your comments. :)

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Do you have tree shadows?
If you do, use them.
That way it won't look like the player can walk between the trees.
Good luck!

Years
Just thought I'd add a few screenshots from the intro...

BoatIntro.png

Before the opening credits...

Intro.png

Part of the opening sequence (better when moving)

AcornIntro.png

Professor Acorn...

AcornIntro2.png

[See bottom of post*]

Starter2.png

Yes Growlithe is one of the starters...

* In this game, the Professor doesn't give you your Pokemon. Instead, it is given to you as a birthday present from your father, just before he leaves. However, you have trouble controlling it, and that's where Professor Acorn comes in.

When Acorn asks you, you then choose which is your Pokemon from a list of 7.
  • Bulbasaur
  • Charmander
  • Squirtle
  • Pikachu
  • Psyduck
  • Growlithe
  • Exeggcute

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Neat stuff. It's always nice seeing a game developed without the Starter Kit, I wish you all the luck in the world.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Like Neo said, it's nice to see another RM2K/3 game around here. I like the features you're planning to have in this, especially the battle-decline and the training idea. Makes it feel more anime-like, what with Ash/Satoshi having his Pokemon train using the nature around them most of the time and all. XD (Same goes for the Elite 4->Tournament decision, too.)

Well, I wish you the best of luck, dude. I'd try to help, but I'm busy with my own game, lol.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I really like some of your ideas. The only part I'm not so sure about is not assigning Pokémon levels.

Years
a few suggestion...
1] ATB-liked battle system in final fantasy 7, means all depend on speed of pokemon that it may atk enemy x2 even though enemy only atk once
2] Making evasion proportional "diifference in speed", like anime
3] pokemon may learn more than 4 move (like anime), personally suggest 6~10
4] learning of moves need certain condition, (like ur move level), when a water gun is used so often, pokemon learns hydro pump or something like takle leads to quick atk etc etc

oh yea, change starer psyduck to a pokemon that needs stone to evolve- suggest u the combination here

1) exeggcute + shellder + vulpix ( all uses stone to evolve and dual type except vulpix at final stage, no dual-type for pokemon using fire stone to evolve, but ninetales always associates with psychic)(all has good support move being hypnosis-for def+atk /protect-defense/ wiilowisp-atk respectively)

2) growlithe + sunkern + staryu ( all stone evo, none dual type except staryu at final stage)(with extra good moveset being takedown+flareblits+extreme speed-atk/ sunnyday+solarbeam+synthesis-def+atk/ recover+confuseray-def)

Last edited:
Years
where to download?
Not even a demo out yet. :P

Do you have tree shadows?
If you do, use them.
That way it won't look like the player can walk between the trees.
Thanks for pointing that out. Sorted. :)

a few suggestion...
1] ATB-liked battle system in final fantasy 7, means all depend on speed of pokemon that it may atk enemy x2 even though enemy only atk once
Out of mostly personal preference, I think I'll be keeping it more traditionally turn-based.

2] Making evasion proportional "diifference in speed", like anime
Already doing this. :)

3] pokemon may learn more than 4 move (like anime), personally suggest 6~10
I had a very long debate with myself over this topic, and I'm still not completely decided, but chances are I'll be keeping with the standard 4-moves-only. I came to this decision because it makes battling and raising your Pokemon more strategic, and also because there will be less moves in the game anyways.

4] learning of moves need certain condition, (like ur move level), when a water gun is used so often, pokemon learns hydro pump or something like takle leads to quick atk etc etc
Already doing something along these lines, though it usually won't be quite so simple as "use Ember x amount of times and you'll learn Flamethrower".
There'll be a few different ways to learn new moves. A small few might be related to story events. Some you might learn after seeing other Pokemon perform it. Or you might make your Pikachu (who knows Thunderbolt) train alongside your Electabuzz, and Electabuzz might learn it himself. Etc.

oh yea, change starer psyduck to a pokemon that needs stone to evolve- suggest u the combination here
The only Pokemon in this game needing Stones to evolve will be Eevee. For the most part, evolution won't be as simple as using an item, or getting your Pokemon to a certain level (or in this case a certain amount of stats).
In this game, evolution will be linked to many different factors. You can even try forcing your Pokemon to evolve - which may be good at first, but could lead to long-term problems and control issues.

growlithe + sunkern + staryu
At the moment, the scope of this game only includes the original 151 Pokemon (though there will be a few surprises relating to the plot).

Thanks to everyone else for their comments too. :)

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Already doing something along these lines, though it usually won't be quite so simple as "use Ember x amount of times and you'll learn Flamethrower".
There'll be a few different ways to learn new moves. A small few might be related to story events. Some you might learn after seeing other Pokemon perform it. Or you might make your Pikachu (who knows Thunderbolt) train alongside your Electabuzz, and Electabuzz might learn it himself. Etc.

Thanks to everyone else for their comments too. :)

It may be good. I think there wont be any TM/HM, so a pokémon may learn a move by "charts" or something like that. But these "charts" tells you what to do for a pokémon to learn a move, people can give them to you: I dunno, maybe old men who were willed trainers on their youth or... who knows? It's kind of Avalon Code-realted thing. (have you played Avalon Code for NDS? you should try it!)

A good idea? But please, don't make a pokémon to learn moves by level, because it doesn't make sense.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 19, 2009
I love the boat in the fog... Thatts like the coolest way to start a pokemon game (The diary thing, I mean). I decided this is the first game I'll support.Do you have a supporterbar for a signature?

Years
have you played Avalon Code for NDS?
Nope, but I'll check it out. :)

I love the boat in the fog... Thatts like the coolest way to start a pokemon game (The diary thing, I mean). I decided this is the first game I'll support.Do you have a supporterbar for a signature?
Thanks. And I just made one now:

Banner.png

I'm not very good with Arty-type stuff though, so if anyone suddenly decides to make a better one then feel free. :P

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 19, 2009
I got it... How does it look? Does it make me look fat? No, I'm kidding... Don't cut yourself so short, I love it. Better than anything I can do...

Years
i think you should include your progress in the 1st post, like how much had u done

btw, can please dont take away the moves defense curl/rollout/explosion etc (although to some people it may SEEM to be useless)

few questions here:
1. what move pool u using? gen 1? 2? 3? 4?
2. can magneton become magnezone, lickitung become lickylicky etc ?
3. will EV,IV, shiny pokemon exist?
4. the difference between special atk and atk is according to gen4 style or previous gen's style?
5. will nature affect pokemon like the real game does?
6. will the badges provide any special effect?
7. any in-game trade? if yes, will trade pokemon obey?

Well, hope u include this in 1st post too

Years
i think you should include your progress in the 1st post, like how much had u done
Thanks, I forgot to put that in.

btw, can please dont take away the moves defense curl/rollout/explosion etc (although to some people it may SEEM to be useless)
I'll still leave some moves like that, just not as many.

1. what move pool u using? gen 1? 2? 3? 4?
Completely custom pool of moves from all 4 generations.

2. can magneton become magnezone, lickitung become lickylicky etc ?
No. At the moment I'm limiting it to just the first 151 Pokemon. If things progress well and the game moves along at a decent pace, then this will be re-considered.

3. will EV,IV, shiny pokemon exist?
EVs and IVs, yes. Shiny pokemon, no. In some ways I'm trying to make it more like the anime, and this is one of them. Pokemon that are shiny? Nope. But there will be a few variations depending on the place the Pokemon is from.

4. the difference between special atk and atk is according to gen4 style or previous gen's style?
Gen4.

5. will nature affect pokemon like the real game does?
Maybe. Haven't decided whether to include Nature yet.

6. will the badges provide any special effect?
No. The only thing the badges do (other than grant you a League position) is increase your Reputation. Also, there will be 10 Gyms - but you still only need 8 badges. Your choice where to get them.

7. any in-game trade? if yes, will trade pokemon obey?
Yes. And it completely depends on the Pokemon itself, and how the previous owner treated it, compared to how to you treat it.

Keep the questions coming, I'm loving it. :D

Back