• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Fire Red Advanced

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradenm

Wheelie say find friends today
Years
Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red (U)

Description

A fire red hack iv been thinking of doing for about oh i dont know... 3 years now? basically i wanted to make some major changes to the game for myself, personally, to re-enjoy Fire Red as i did about 5 years back when it came out. But also, i wanted to share with you what i am working on and possibly look into some help on some features i cant quite do myself.
This is my second hack, first being my own Emerald 386 with a few added extras.

Features
  • All 386 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn pokemon avaliable in-game
  • Stronger trainers and even stronger re-matches (expect atleast the weakest trainer to be rematched to have high level 40's at maximum)
  • All Gym leaders much tougher and always have 6 pokemon, ranging from all 3 regions
  • A much different lineup for Elite 4's Pokemon
  • Travel to Johto region (maybe Hoenn aswell)
  • All event items obtainable in-game, so catching Deoxys, Mew etc can be achieved without the need for gameshark
  • New rivals! (Hoenn hero/heroines, 2 new female rivals, 1 new male rival, Nugget Bridge rocket, former elite 4 champion) so far... maybe more later on ;)
  • A few secret areas you will need to look hard to find them!

Screenshots
Spoiler:

More to come as more progress is made :D

Downloads
Beta 1
-In Development-

Other Information​
Date Started: 19th October 2010
Rom Base: Fire Red (U)
General Development: bradenm
Scripter: NEEDED

If anyone is any good at scripting rival battles (event triggered, rival approaches, battles, walks away, like 2nd Gary battle) and is interested on helping script a few rivals post here or PM me, would be greatly appreciated, in conclusion tell me what you think (positive, negative, watever) thanks for having a look at what im hoping to create :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Interesting, but may I suggest tuning down the Brock levels a little?

Also, I can script for you a little.

bradenm

Years
Interesting, but may I suggest tuning down the Brock levels a little?

Also, I can script for you a little.

Im having brocks a bit stronger since the trainers in bug forest have more pokemon and are a bit stronger, also im hoping to have two more rival battles added in before u have to fight brock, if all goes well lol.

itd be great if ur willing to help :) would u be able to do some rival battles?

Years
early game i don't think it would be a wise move to have the gym leaders have 6 pokemon unless you edit the move set of each pokemon and the power of the moves as well.

bradenm

Years
early game i don't think it would be a wise move to have the gym leaders have 6 pokemon unless you edit the move set of each pokemon and the power of the moves as well.

they all only know tackle and bide, plus the other trainers in viridian forest have more pokemon, thus your pokemons levels will be high enough to meet the challenge.

bradenm

Years
you better be adding more pokemon with strength against rock because at the beginnin nearly 100% of the moves don't do much to rock pokemon.

actually yeah i did add a few, also mankey is easier to find since he was always good against brock. the first beta is almost done, just need someone to script obtaining the national pokedex at the start of the game and about 4 more rival battles. it goes up to the 2nd gym leader.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
As I can read, you need a scripter, and I don't have that much scripting to do in other hacks atm, so I could do some scripting for you.
The current scripts you've requested aren't that hard.

bradenm

Years
I've began work on this again but i am in desperate need of someone to do some scripting for it.. iv never been quite flash at doing it. refer to first post if your interested :)

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Allright, before this thread dies out again.
I'm ready to help you script now, if you remember that you offered me to script.
Since those scripts doesn't require a whole lot of time, I can begin scripting already now :D

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Always been a fan of hacks that just mod the original games a bit. I'm definitely looking forward to this.

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
a whole year and not even a beta...

did you drop it or are you going to release it once its done ?

i'd recommend releasing a beta as it will be helpful for debugging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back