• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What fictional reality would you not want to live in?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I would not want to live in the world of Pokemon. You leave home at the age of 10 to go live in the wilderness with nothing but a 1 foot starter against anything and everything nature can throw at you, including 4 foot bees. NO THANK YOU.

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2013
I'm surprised no one mentioned this already, Star Wars is my pick. Not only can you travel in space at the light speed you can also get attacked by wookiees! Sounds pretty fun to me.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I'm surprised no one mentioned this already, Star Wars is my pick. Not only can you travel in space at the light speed you can also get attacked by wookiees! Sounds pretty fun to me.

This is places you WOULDN'T want to live in. I'm pretty sure people would want to live there... or in the Star Trek Univerise. I wouldn't want to live in the Sith era though, that'd be bad juju.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Games of Thrones-land. I'd like to not die at a moment's notice in battle or die at a moment's notice from all the filth or die at a moment's notice from getting on the wrong side of a market seller or just die at any moment. I'd really like not to die, if you can't already tell.

Toutebelle

Banned
Years
I would not like to live in Middle earth because I would be scared of the Orcs that would kill me.

The Orcs are scary, but they're nothing compared to the giant spiders such as Shelob. I wouldn't even go near her or the giant spiders of Mirkwood.

But the most frightening abomination of Middle-earth is Ungoliant, the foremother of all the evil spiders. She's actually much bigger than Shelob - eventually, she might have grown bigger than a blue whale. Ungoliant is the stuff nightmares are made of - she's a primordial evil being in spider from. And she was so powerful, she was almost unstoppable. After Ungoliant consumed the Two Trees and all the light around it, it still wasn't enough. In fact, she threatened to devour Morgoth. Fortunately, Ungoliant was long gone by the time of LOTR. She had gone deep into the southern hemisphere of Middle-earth and eaten herself.

Years
I refuse to live in any story in which the world ends. Or is dominated by facsists who stomp out diversity. Or Twilight. Anything else is already heaven by comparison...

Last edited:

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years
I wouldn't want to be in the resident evil movie world...

The world is already destroyed but Umbrella continuously tries to kill people...

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
Years
I would hate to live in "The Walking Dead".

Zombies? Pssht.

Georgia heat without air conditioning? OMG KILL ME NOW.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
It just depends. ex;

I wouldnt live in

Star Wars Universe during The Clone Wars and post after- War can just drop down on you at anytime, and the Jedi wiped out, and ruled by the Sith Lord...that's a no no.

Middle Earth during the fourth Age - Sounds pretty boring, comparing to the first through third age.

Left 4 Dead - Surviving in Zombie infested world sounds fun. But Running Zombies is a no no.

Lord Squirtle

His Sexiness
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2016
Metroid's universe. Despite Samus being so... agile and athletic, I doubt I have what it takes to be a bounty hunter. Plus if someone puts a bounty on my head or someone manages to resurrect Metroids...

But then, Hyrule could also be pretty dull or dangerous if I'm not the Hero of Time. Hard to pick. :/

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Games of Thrones-land. I'd like to not die at a moment's notice in battle or die at a moment's notice from all the filth or die at a moment's notice from getting on the wrong side of a market seller or just die at any moment. I'd really like not to die, if you can't already tell.

This basically - it also seems like if you're not from an important, well known, family you're a useless piece of trash, and if you are from a well known, important family you're probably going to get killed someday regardless of who you really are.

Also, same with Magi: Labyrinth of Magic, I guess it would be alright if you lived in a nicer kingdom but also if you're not from an important family or have any money/fighting skills you're basically nothing.

Yukiyo Kayume

Dragon Goddess
Years
anything with zombies, ghosts or aliens or any world without a powerful means to defend myself. (aka i wouldnt want to live anywhere where I'd have a high chance of dying lol)

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
Any world that involves Earth or Earth type settings in general I'd not want to live in. My favorite settings are always not on Earth.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
the fictional reality of my ex-girlfriend's head would be pretty nice not to live in.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
This may seem obvious, I would want to live in the world of Pokemon. I would get to travel the world and meet all kinds of animals and creatures :D

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
This may seem obvious, I would want to live in the world of Pokemon. I would get to travel the world and meet all kinds of animals and creatures :D

This thread is about the worlds you wouldn't want to live in though.

For me I would say The Walking Dead is a huge one. Fun to watch but no thanks on the zombies being a reality front.

I also wouldn't like to live in a fictional reality aimed towards toddlers and very small children. (like tellitubies or Bob the Builder) I have good memories of watching these shows as a small kid don't get me wrong....but of course I would be driven insane if I had to live there now.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
This thread is about the worlds you wouldn't want to live in though.

For me I would say The Walking Dead is a huge one. Fun to watch but no thanks on the zombies being a reality front.

I also wouldn't like to live in a fictional reality aimed towards toddlers and very small children. (like tellitubies or Bob the Builder) I have good memories of watching these shows as a small kid don't get me wrong....but of course I would be driven insane if I had to live there now.

Lol oops! I read the title of the thread wrong.

In that case, I would not want to live in Middle Earth. I love Lord of The Rings, but there are so many horrible and dangerous creatures. I feel like you could be killed any minute.

Back