• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Hello, I only need one thing: Which are (approximately) the flags not used in Pokémon FireRed (U)? I want to create scripts with flags but I don't want to overwrite the used ones.

Chad -

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
Hello, I only need one thing: Which are (approximately) the flags not used in Pokémon FireRed (U)? I want to create scripts with flags but I don't want to overwrite the used ones.

You can know if you check XSE's help guide. They show you what flags are used.

Chad -

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
How do you add more spaces into the Pokedex so you can have more than 386 Pokemon?

Mr

Just call me Mister
Years
You can do that by using JPAN's hacked engine =)

I downloaded it, read the file it came with, wanted to smash my face on the keyboard...
Can anyone explain how to use that thing? The readme file that came with it was beyond complicated.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
Where would I find NDS2MIDI? I had the program awhile ago but I lost it on computer transfer. I haven't found a good link anywhere or where to find it. I only want to get some PMD midis off of my rom...

Chad -

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
Where would I find NDS2MIDI? I had the program awhile ago but I lost it on computer transfer. I haven't found a good link anywhere or where to find it. I only want to get some PMD midis off of my rom...

Try this link. I'm not sure if that is what you're looking for.

Chad -

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
Try this link. I'm not sure if that is what you're looking for.

Chad -

nope that wasn't it, it was an iphone app thingy. NDS2MIDI is like GBA2MIDI in retrospect that it takes the music from the game and makes midi files of them.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I downloaded it, read the file it came with, wanted to smash my face on the keyboard...
Can anyone explain how to use that thing? The readme file that came with it was beyond complicated.

I had trouble with it when I first started as well. Try using the patch, rather than the Applier. The patch will apply all the changes in the Hacked Engine for you and it's easy to do.

Once you've done that, venture to my tutorial to add the sprites:

Adding New Overworlds for Dummies

Please leave a comment if it was helpful. :)

Years
Hey wasup everyone?!

Just got a quick question....

When I create the inside of a new house using a new map( using the correct tiles of course) on advance map, I can't seem to enter the house when I test it. The screen goes black and the game freezes... All warps are correctly inserted and I've checked it so many times. Any ideas on what I'm doin wrong guyz?

Jarin

In ur DS, stealin ur pogymons!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
Well, I've been searching for about 11 hours for the answers to my questions, but I've had no luck, so I'm going to just post them.

ROM Base: Ruby

1. Is it possible to make a evolution stone reusable?

2. If not, is there a way to have an item created and held by a Pokemon (or even put into the bag) upon evolution and every time that evolution happens?

3. If no again, is their anyway to have items create weather effects? Can you make you're own weather effects? Can weather effects be hidden (so you don't have to keep seeing the message and animation every turn is going) and unable to be over written by new weather effects?

4. And if none of those work, are you at least able to do something similar to the Deoxys form change system in HG/SS?

Thank you for you're time, its great to see all the help. ^^

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Hey wasup everyone?!

Just got a quick question....

When I create the inside of a new house using a new map( using the correct tiles of course) on advance map, I can't seem to enter the house when I test it. The screen goes black and the game freezes... All warps are correctly inserted and I've checked it so many times. Any ideas on what I'm doin wrong guyz?
Editing a pre-existing map is the quickest solution to your problem.
Well, I've been searching for about 11 hours for the answers to my questions, but I've had no luck, so I'm going to just post them.

2. If not, is there a way to have an item created and held by a Pokemon (or even put into the bag) upon evolution and every time that evolution happens?

3. If no again, is their anyway to have items create weather effects? Can you make you're own weather effects? Can weather effects be hidden (so you don't have to keep seeing the message and animation every turn is going) and unable to be over written by new weather effects?

4. And if none of those work, are you at least able to do something similar to the Deoxys form change system in HG/SS?

Thank you for you're time, its great to see all the help. ^^
I believe the answers to those questions is ASM, I'm afraid.

Ella

Bidoof Stomper
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
I asked a question a few days ago and got ignored. If anyone can help me at all that would be great :c

I'm really sorry if this has been addressed- the search wasn't helping me at all for some reason. I feel kind of silly because this seems really basic and I'm not totally sure why the PC search and Google haven't turned up anything good.

Basically, I need help using Advance Text. A general tutorial would be nice. I've seen a video one floating around the internet, but my internet is really slow and I can't really stream video too well. If there's a written tutorial out there it would help a LOT.

The specific problem I'm having is that I'm getting an error that says "The text pointer wasn't found! The text can't be edited!" I guess it's possible that I used up the game's memory, but that doesn't seem likely to me. I'm just doing a simple hack where the names of the pokemon and gym leaders are changed, and I've seen hacks that did a lot more than that and turned out fine.

Years
Possible to make custom move animations?
Or just one's based off others (surf with other palette or flamethrower with other sprites)

ps thanks @FireFox

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2011
Is there a tool to edit the starter pokemons of heart gold and soul silver? I want to have heracross, pinsir and scyther as starters.

Jonny Buuz

La di da di do di da di dum...
Years
Possible to make custom move animations?
Or just one's based off others (surf with other palette or flamethrower with other sprites)

ps thanks @FireFox

Well, sorta. If you open your rom in unlz-gba and search long enough, you'll find some of the images used in the move animations (for example, fire, fists, beams, claws, etc). If you export, edit, and re-import those images, you will be able to make new attacks around them.

Keep in mind, this is not editing the actual animation, so much as it is changing what it looks like. For actual animation, I would guess you'd need to get into ASM.

Years
Well, sorta. If you open your rom in unlz-gba and search long enough, you'll find some of the images used in the move animations (for example, fire, fists, beams, claws, etc). If you export, edit, and re-import those images, you will be able to make new attacks around them.

Keep in mind, this is not editing the actual animation, so much as it is changing what it looks like. For actual animation, I would guess you'd need to get into ASM.
I don't actually need to animate, just recoloring would even be fine.

But can I make another of it without changing the original?

I want a red surf. I currently made the new move over another move, so it has that moves animation. Can I make it surfs but red but still keep surf blue?

Years

With one of the item editing tools in the Toolbox (I've never used any of them, wouldn't know what to refer you to), make it so the stone counts as a Key Item. Perhaps it'd work, I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back