• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saturday's Child

Workin' Hard...
Years
Hi. I want to start an Ultimate run with Girafarig. It'll go:

Leaf Green --> Soul Silver --> Emerald --> Pearl --> White. Mm-hm. Thanks a lot.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Update #2 for LeafGreen:
- Beat the Rocket Grunt to get Dig, then went south to Vermilion, fighting trainers.
- Fought trainers on the route east of Vermilion, also caught the 10 Pokemon needed for Flash.
- Went on the S.S. Anne, beat everyone including Gary, then got Cut and left.
- Taught Cut to a Bellsprout I caught.
- Entered the gym, beat the trainers, opened the locks, then beat Lt. Surge. Raichu was the only one that took more than one hit.
- Proceeded north back to Cerulean, got the Bike, then went east to Rock Tunnel, fighting trainers.
- Healed, then went through Rock Tunnel, fighting trainers. Caught an Onix on the way through for use as a Strength and Rock Smash slave later on.
- After getting through, I went west to Celadon, fighting trainers.
- Bought the necessary coins to get Ice Beam.
- Beat the Grunt in the Game Corner, then cleared out the Hideout and beat Giovanni.
- Went west real quick to get Fly, taught it to a Pidgey.
- Went to the gym, beat the trainers, then went to the PC to heal before Erika.
- Fought Erika, each of whose Pokemon was taken out by a single Ice Beam.
Gorebyss now:
Spoiler:

Wow, nobody else has posted, still? Well, LeafGreen Update #3:
- Went to Lavender, cleared the tower.
- Fought trainers on the routes that lead to Fuchsia City.
- Went through the Safari Zone to get the Gold Teeth and Surf, got Strength from the warden.
- Beat the Fuchsia Gym easily with Psychic.
- Flew to Saffron, cleared out Silph Co., then beat the Saffron Gym.
- Fought the trainers on the water routes to Cinnabar.
- Went through the Pokemon Mansion to get the key, then beat the Cinnabar Gym easily with Surf.
- Did the side quest in the Sevii Islands.
- Went to the Viridian Gym, which was also beaten easily with Surf... and my massively over-leveled Gorebyss. :P
Gorebyss now:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

IDoLikeMudkip

Master of Nothing
Years
While I'm waiting for other things I think I will pick up a pair of challenges, one at a time of course but I will lay them both out here. I plan to finish up the starters from Crystal. (A.K.A. I will solo with typlosion and maganium, but typhlosion first)

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Final LeafGreen Update:
- Defeated Gary easily.
- Went through the badge check gates.
- Went through Victory Road, defeated all the trainers.
- After getting through, Gorebyss was Lv97. I then used 3 Rare Candies.
- I then went through the Elite Four rather easily.
- Gary was easy too. My battle with Gary can be viewed here.

IDoLikeMudkip

Master of Nothing
Years
So I decided to immediately jump into the game. That didn't work too well cause my emulator kept messing up the I accidentally kept cyndiquil form evolving so I started over, hadn't even gotten past Falkner at that point. But here's what happened....
Name: Flare
Starter: Cyndiquil

I did stuff and earned things. Ya that's pretty much it. I got all the way to Cianwood City and beat Chuck, still on the island ready to head back to Olivine. So far there really haven't been many troubles just blazing right through. Ya, not much detail here just a simple little update as to where I am.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Update #1 for HeartGold:
- Chose Totodile, saved, then hacked in Gorebyss at Lv5 using PokeGen.
- When I reached Cherrygrove, I did the little tour, got the Running Shoes, then boxed Totodile for future HM use.
- Continued north to Mr. Pokemon, got the egg, then got the call from Prof. Elm.
- Gorebyss had been trained to Lv6 by then. I went back to Cherrygrove and beat Silver.
- Went back to New Bark Town, talked to Prof. Elm, did the catching tutorial.
- Went back to the route north of Cherrygrove and fought the trainers on the way to Violet City.
- Healed, then went to the Sprout Tower and beat all the sages.
- Went to the gym, and beat Falkner.
- Got the Togepi egg, then headed south to Union Cave.
- Went through Union Cave, reached Azalea Town.
- Cleared out Slowpoke Well, then went to the gym.
- Bugsy's Scyther was tough, but I won against Bugsy after a few tries.
Gorebyss now:
Spoiler:

IDoLikeMudkip

Master of Nothing
Years
So I got bored again and headed back to the game. I'll keep it short again. So I set off from Cianwood, returned the meds beat the Olivine gym and continued on. Got through the TR hideout beat that gym flew back to Goldenrod and cleared out the Radio Tower. Flew back to Mahogany to stay the night and ready myself for the next adventure.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Update #2 for HeartGold:
- Proceeded through Ilex Forest, caught the two Farfetch'd and got Cut for Totodile on the way through.
- Fought the trainers on the route south of Goldenrod.
- Spent some time at the game corner, and after some patience, I got enough coins for Ice Beam! :)
- Realizing I can't forget Whirlpool, I temporarily transferred Gorebyss to a SoulSilver file to delete Whirlpool, then transferred him back.
- I fought the trainers in the Underground, and north of Goldenrod, including National Park.
- Went to the gym, defeated Whitney rather easily with Water Pulse a few times, and got lucky with Attract not immobilizing me.
- Got the Squirtbottle, then went north and beat Sudowoodo.
- Got Strength west of Ecruteak City, caught a Machop in Mt. Mortar for Strength and Rock Smash.
- Went to the Burned Tower, beat Silver and the Firebreathers, released the Legendary Beasts.
- Went to the Gym. After navigating the puzzle of the gym, Morty got soloed with Confusion.
Gorebyss now:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2011
Ill have a shot with electrabuzz with firered heartgold ruby diamond and white

IDoLikeMudkip

Master of Nothing
Years
Took off from Mahogany and burned down ice path. Then Dragons. I don't like dragons, they took me a while to beat but i finally did. Did all the rest of the dubalydoo got the badge and was sent off to the pokemon league. The E4 proper weren't too hard to beat, probably my fastest run through getting all the way or 3/4 on my first try and definatly all the way on my second. Then Dragon. Did I mention I don't like them. I thought and thought and came up with a plan. Teach Typhlosion thunderpunch, so I did and I won and was sent off to Kanto. In short Kanto was short, got 5/8 so far with Blane, Misty, and Blue to go.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Update #3 for HeartGold:
- Proceeded west to Olivine City, fighting trainers.
- Surfed south to Cianwood City, fighting trainers.
- Defeated the Cianwood Gym, mostly thanks to Confusion.
- Withdrew a Pidgey I caught earlier, and taught it Fly.
- Flew back to Olivine, then went up the lighthouse, fighting trainers, talked to Jasmine.
- Flew back to Cianwood, got the Secret Potion, then went back and healed Amphy.
- Went to the gym, soloed Jasmine with Surf.
Gorebyss now:
Spoiler:

miju-kun

soaring
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2014
I'm doing this on Emerald, with Milotic. Since you get Milotic late in the game, I'm going to hack her in.

AceOfChance

➝ Koala... an evil koala
Years
This sounds like fun! Going to do this on Platinum, with Togekiss. Going to trade in an Egg. Will update you with my progress soon.

Last edited:

Nineray

Green Okido
Years
i makes me hap-i mean sad to say im done with my solo run. Oh yeah Haxorus Knows Strength Dragon Pulse Dragon Claw and Draco Meteor. He is on level 100.
Onward to Sinnoh!!! I'll start Platinum some time today or tomorrow.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Update #4 for HeartGold:
- Headed to Mahogany, fought the trainers on the way to Lake of Rage.
- Beat the red Gyarados, then flew back to Mahogany after talking to Lance.
- Healed, then went into the Rocket Hideout and cleared it out.
- Then, I went to the gym. Pryce was a pushover.
- Flew to Goldenrod, cleared out the Radio Tower and the Underground area.
- Flew back to Mahogany, went east, fighting trainers, then went through the Ice Path.
- Beat the trainers south of Blackthorn City.
- Went to the Blackthorn Gym. Ice Beam made this gym very easy.
- Went through the Dragon's Den, took the test, then got the Rising Badge.
Gorebyss now:
Spoiler:

miju-kun

soaring
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2014
Azumarill on FireRed instead.
And to be fair, I hacked Marill as a starter. Not too hard evolving into Azumarill, right?

Pokémon FireRed: Azumarill Solo Run
Chapter 1: Introduction

Hello! This is the beggining of my solo run, using Azumarill. It all started with a ninja who called himself Oak. Due to my unoriginality, I decided to name myself Red and my rival Dummy. So, after ninja talked all the way until 23 hours, he finally stopped and I find myself in my room. I passed my mom and ventured to Route 1 until ninja stopped me. It was the same ninja from last night! Anyway, we started a conga line to his lab and yeah, Dummy was there. Oak claimed himself as a professor and guess what?:
288yzop.jpg

He doesn't know what this is!
So I went back, going to Route 1 happily when Dummy challenged me. I won, of course. Later, I'm going to Route 1, about to grind Marill who is now at level 6. Did all the delivery boy stuff, got my Pokédex and that's all for now. See ya!

Marill ♀
- Tackle
- Defense Curl
- Tail Whip

Last edited:

AceOfChance

➝ Koala... an evil koala
Years

*First Update
( Solo Challenge, Pokémon Platinum, Togekiss )

Here is where a record of my progress is kept for those interested in reading. Mostly for myself to keep track of what I have/haven't done.

| SEPT. 30th, 2011 - OCT. 1st, 2011|
Spoiler:
175.png

Aero

(Level 18)

• Sweet Kiss
  • Charm
  • Return
  • Metronome

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2018
Challenge log 1:

I grinded a bit before the optional rival battle. He was lvl 13 before the battle.
Beat Brock and got the boulderbadge.
Squirtle is now Wartortle <3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back