• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Honest Trailers: Pokemon

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
For those who know, there is a youtube series called "Honest Trailers" in which they parody movies by being honest with its quality. Now they've expanded to video games, and they've done a honest trailer on Pokémon, featuring popular youtube celebrities Smosh. There's not much strong language in this series, since they get censored by bleeps:

What are your thoughts on this honest trailer?

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I know it was meant in good fun and jest, but part of it did leave me a little exasperated. I think it mainly has to do with how often people use some of these criticisms legitimately, and say them as if it's some sort of revelation to any fan of the series. The amount of times I've heard people say 'when you think about it, pokemon is basically like virtual cockfighting', like it is an original thought is mindblowing. The alternate name list was sort of funny at times though. Vileplume being Black Toad got a chuckle out of me as bizarrely enough I've never noticed the resemblance.

Years
Pretty meh to be honest. I love the Honest Trailers series(for the movies, didn't even know they made ones for games), but Pokemon is old-ish so everything he said has been said way too many times. Naming the Pokemons was kinda funny, but overall it was really meh.

Years
I really like the movie ones and most of the video game ones. But I didn't enjoy the pokemon one much, maybe because I was red blue rather than the whole franchise.
Most of the content as well has been "said before". I just think it could have been a lot more witty.

Racket

The TCG Professor
Years
I love how he didn't have a link cable, so he stuck a USB cable into it.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Oh....I love **** like this. Yes, most of what was said in that video has been said before many times, but I still find it funny sue me *****es.

It would be nice though if they included the other games more instead of having a focus on Gen 1.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
I still found it funny...click on the assassin's creed iv: black flag one though, that's hilarious.
I think the naming all the pokémon made it, loved the Nidoran families for sheer "Wtf why?" value. Also "Eevee spelt backwards"

Mylabugz

Mylakip
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 16, 2017
I've never seen the honest trailers before and I found that really funny. The naming part was the best as everyone else had mentioned.

Years
I'm a big fan of the other honest trailers and even though I've obviously got an attachment to the subject matter this time around, I still found it funny lol :) I know a lot of it's been pointed out before but to see it all in the one clip is still amusing and just enhances why I like Pokémon and all its little idiosyncrasies lol :)

The names for all the original Pokémon were a neat touch that definitely added an element of originality to the video, otherwise it probably would have been a little bland without it. My favourite was "Ryback" for Rhyhorn, it's the name of a wrestler and I actually named my own Rhyhorn that in a previous game haha :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
The parody names were funny but everything else was just rehashed jokes that I found funny back in 2009.

Back