• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Beta

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
Pokemon Beta is a well working Pokemon Game in development. It is being programmed by Sunstroke(He has no PokeCommunity Username) and all the sprites and all the other stuff is done by me. This game was made in Game Maker.

Story:
The story will be the same thing as in FireRed/LeafGreen as this is just a way to show off the engine that will be used in mine and Sunstroke's future Pokemon games.

Screenshots:
screenshots.gif

This demo is based off of the beginning of Fire red/leaf green although it has a diamond/pearl battle system.

Controls:
Arrow Keys-Move
Enter-Enter the Menu
Z-Action/Confirm
X-Run
Left Click-Select battle commands(Only during battles)

Support
by putting in your sig:
Spoiler:

Saving has been added and you can choose your starter and also name your player.
The music is from vgmusic.com, although it will be changed before the actual games come out.
This demo is really to show off our engine, and once the engine gets closer to completion, Sunstroke and me, DaSpirit ,will split apart and make two different Pokemon games.
Code from the engine will not be given, however I will answer questions about it.

Download at:
YoYoGames
Mirrior 1
Mirrior 2

And this is a lil' extra Sinnoh Underground Mining Mini-Game
Mining Game Download
I made it in my free time a few months ago, nothing special ;p

Questions? Comments? Talk to me!
NOTE: Remember, this Demo is still incomplete so some main components might be missing...​

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Hmm this is nice im goin to try it and get back to you.
Its not to long but heck thats one nice game. Can it be used as an engine for other games cause if so it can be tweaked with better stuff and create one hell of a game.

Merovin

Dragon Master!
Years
Amazing enginge you got ready there.
Few tweaks here and there and it'll be perfect.
Goodluck with it.
And hope you make it into an amazing game!

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
Years
hooray, someone uses GameMaker. i gotta say that this looks fantastic, cant wait to see how this progresses, keep it up DaSpirit! you should do the underground as well, if you want to, because it may be quite interesting.

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
Update: You can now save. Yup!

Lol, finaly some answers! All the programing was done by Sunstroke(find him at yoyogames or the gmc) and I did most of the sprite work. Me and him work together to think of what to add. I learned his ways of how he programmed the stuff and could do it myself but after the engine is done, we'll both make seprate games. The best part is that everything will turn out very fast after the engine cause everything is practicly gonna be done, all I'll need is the story.

O and for anyone else who is willing to make a Pokemon game with Game Maker, good luck, we (me and sunstroke(find him at yoyogames or the gmc)) are not giving out the codes but we will assist you.

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
...I said what I said on the GMC, lol. I still recon that a FR/LG/Emeralg battle system would be better. Would you consider that as an option?

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
...I said what I said on the GMC, lol. I still recon that a FR/LG/Emeralg battle system would be better. Would you consider that as an option?
Lol, yea I see people talking about that everywhere. I'll talk it over with Sunstroke(the programmer(find him at yoyogames or the gmc))

Years

I am going to have to agree and disagree with you. It would be more user friendly to use the FR/LG/Emerald battle system, but everyone uses that system. I like that they have ventured off and are doing something other than what everybody else is doing.

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Yes, but they use it for a reason: Its better. Its like the classic games, and even if people dont like it, it should at least be an option.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I liked the demo. Pretty slick with the real time clock.
My squirtle seemed weak though. Like really weak, at one point I was battling a lvl 1 pokemon and nearly lost lol.
The mapping was great, and I loved how you could speed up the game holding down the space bar.
Good job again man.

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
I liked the demo. Pretty slick with the real time clock.
My squirtle seemed weak though. Like really weak, at one point I was battling a lvl 1 pokemon and nearly lost lol.
The mapping was great, and I loved how you could speed up the game holding down the space bar.
Good job again man.

Thanks! The squirtle's stats are all calculated like how the official one is calculated except we still need to add natures. You can say it's a hardy nature right now cause it's the balanced nature, nothing adds or subtracts.
The whole thing with speeding up is because it's really slow waiting and all while testing. Get's boring after a while.

UPDATE: I added another file to the downloads section! It's the Sinouh Underground mini-game! I did this a few months ago and I didn't know what to do with it. Tell me what you think of it as well.

The next update will probably be on Sunday with Switching Pokemon from the overworld probably working.

Last edited:

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
Let's see what a new update brought in...
UPDATE:
-You can now see the Pokemon through the Menu. Although not finished it's a start!
Com'n people, I need some feedback...

Tentacruel13

PM me f you want to contact me
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2015
Looks really good! I hope you turn it into a successful Pokemon Game!

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
Thanks, both of you! Me and Sunstroke(find him at yoyogames or the gmc) work really hard on it. I didn't really see any good Game Maker games on PokeCommunity

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
Well, what we want to do is just demonstrait our engine which will show off what we can do and to do this, we will put in the story for LeagGreen and FireRed.

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2011
This is a great engine, hopefully you guys can come up with a complete project that will be even better. Good luck!

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
I guess this will be the GameMaker counterpart to Pokemon Essentials.
Well, the engine isn't planned to be released to the public eye... but it will be used for 2 other games, one which I will be making. Most of the story and the map and such are already planned for my game but I still want the engine to be more in the works before I actually start working on it.

Oh, and the next update for Pokemon Beta, I assure you, it will be a good one...

Back