• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Utuber649

Pokemon Guardian
Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
I cannot Wait For Beta 3.1! By the way. I am Supporting this hack in my signature.

And One question. Will you insert the themes you missed. Cause The only themes that were not on the game is Legendary dogs battle,National park?Thanks.

I cannot Wait For Beta 3.1! By the way. I am Supporting this hack in my signature.

And One question. Will you insert the themes you missed. Cause The only themes that were not on the game is Legendary dogs battle,National park?Thanks.

Sorry.I kind of posted the same thing twice.

Last edited:

simadons

Imagine
Years
  • Seen May 1, 2013
Besides a few quirks, like sand storms in a middle of the town, this is pretty fun and uses Fire Red's functionality pretty nicely... the tile work is simply amazing. Can't wait to see this baby with day and night! Thanks for all the hard work!

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2015
I'm literally just making everything and inserting them in the next few weeks. I still need to work out a background for the title screen :P. Once I do everything, I'll make a mock up :).

For now, what Pokémon sprites need changing? ONLY pokémon - Do not say ALL. Name the ones that just need to be changed. If you can't think of any, look in the Pokédex in the Liquid Crystal ROM. Charizard was the most hated so I did that first. o_O.

In my opinion:
Charmander
Nidorino
Nidoking

And if it's possible graveler and golem backs...

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Well guys I too am back :). I took a short break due to college and other stuff, but now i'm back working on LC again. I'm in the testing stage at the end of Johto so a lot of things have been fixed and improved for beta 3.1.

As for 3.1, it will go up to the end of the first island on the Orange Islands, so not much progress done since 2.1, 3.1 is more of an improved version of whats already in the hack, working more for the final release. I must say I was slacking a lot over the past 2 years with some lack of motivation here and there so i'm not best pleased about the progress and amount of work done on LC over the 2 years. I wanted to get a lot more done but its still a great update to look forward too :)

Heres a short plan of action for what needs to be done for the release:

Finish testing up to the end of the first island. Currently on route 46 heading towards the league.
Fix all the bugs which I find along the way.
Add in some changes to the hack, such as tweaks and some story changes.
Add in the extra graphics.
Do the final testing for the beta 3.1

Thats all of it in a nutshell. One of the things on that list, is a pseudo Pokégear. A Pokégear i plan on making which will provide the underlining functionality through the use of a script. This would then be changed and hopefully made into the real thing for the next beta, or the final release.

Another extra includes a revamped weather system. Some of you might of noticed for the 3.0 that i nummed the weather down making it less random and more consistent. Well now with the use of the Day/Night I will be making a more seasonable weather system which is based on the seasons in the UK. This means it will be more common to snow during the winter, more sunny in the summer etc. So, also means no sandstorms which i'm sure messed with peoples battle strategy a bit.

There will be more new music including the missing mixes such as legendary battles for the birds, the dogs and more. Other themes missing like the national park will be added, and infact already are in the new beta along with over 10 over new mixes, with more planned.

The other thing I would like to inform people of, is the new difficulty level in the game. I found the old Crystal to be too easy, so for 2.1 i raised most of the levels by 2-5 levels from the original. Well even that I found to be too hard so I've now raised them higher up to another 20 levels in places. For example on route 46 theres a Hiker which has a load of level 15 Pokémon, i raised them all to level 35 which is a 20 level increase over the rest. Now I should note that people who have had a taste of the new levels, have said its very hard. When i do the final testing, these levels might be lowered just a little depending on how the final test goes.

Regarding compatibility for other emulators, those key areas (releasing the dogs, opening stats page, the static battles, silver battle) theres no reason they would cause errors, making it much harder to actually fix them. The emulator I will be working closely with is gameboid for android phones which uses the gba_bios.bin. Working with that would most likely solve the problem with all other emulators that use gba_bios.bin as they all work from the same bios file.

I will also say regarding the planned events in the Orange Islands. Don't expect an anime remake of the same storyline. The teaser up to the first gym from 2.1 might of implied that it would be, but that event is just to start it off and to get the player to go to the Orange Islands. The rest of the Orange Islands, there will be a total of 5 in the hack, will contain some of the main events from the anime but the main plot will be fan made. Just to inform people of that once again.

The release date, most people want to hear right now is planned for.. I'll say again "planned" and, once more 'planned' for the summer holidays. Anything could happen since then but, to be truly honest not much is needed to be done on the hack for the beta 3.1 release.

So until then, keep patient, happy and no more arguments ;)

Years
Welcome back. I like the idea of Pokégear. BTW, don't you think you increased the level a it much?
whatever, waiting for beta 3.1.
Good luck

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
In my opinion:
Charmander
Nidorino
Nidoking

And if it's possible graveler and golem backs...

charmander_revamp_by_nsora_96-d3bskha.png

Done - Expect them in Beta 3.1.

linkandzelda

Years
Welcome back. I like the idea of Pokégear. BTW, don't you think you increased the level a it much?
whatever, waiting for beta 3.1.
Good luck

Well, the level go up higher throughout the game. This starts from after you get to route 30 to do the first trainer battle. From then falkner is around level 11 and level 14, then from then on about 5 levels raised. I felt that the end levels and like having jasmin at level 26 for olivine was too low. Claire is in the 40+ range with the league going to be 50s most likely. Then Kanto trainers will start at about 45+. The idea is for balance them out over the hack making them harder at the same time. Its rather an experiment though.

Link

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Regarding compatibility for other emulators, those key areas (releasing the dogs, opening stats page, the static battles, silver battle) theres no reason they would cause errors, making it much harder to actually fix them. The emulator I will be working closely with is gameboid for android phones which uses the gba_bios.bin. Working with that would most likely solve the problem with all other emulators that use gba_bios.bin as they all work from the same bios file.
Gameboid? Ewe, don't support the app developer by downloading his emulators - he steals work from other people without giving due credit, and does it for personal profit.

Regardless. It's nice that you're working for compatibility in Android emulators; however, I was playing the game in Tiger GBA, and the game froze as soon as I walked up to the legendary dogs. :\ I hadn't saved for at least three hours, too, so I lost a lot of work - however, I save-stated while the game was frozen. Obviously not expecting to recover from it... but it's a possibility.

Regardless, you're doing an awesome job, putting so much dedication into a hobby. We need more people like you and the developing team. keep up the good work; I'll be following progress closely. :P

linkandzelda

Years
Gameboid? Ewe, don't support the app developer by downloading his emulators - he steals work from other people without giving due credit, and does it for personal profit.

Regardless. It's nice that you're working for compatibility in Android emulators; however, I was playing the game in Tiger GBA, and the game froze as soon as I walked up to the legendary dogs. :\ I hadn't saved for at least three hours, too, so I lost a lot of work - however, I save-stated while the game was frozen. Obviously not expecting to recover from it... but it's a possibility.

Regardless, you're doing an awesome job, putting so much dedication into a hobby. We need more people like you and the developing team. keep up the good work; I'll be following progress closely. :P

Steals others work are you positive? Got proof? Because they are the best emulators on the market by far... I'm not supporting him either as i'm not paying just using the lite version, half support hehe.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I've never played this hack so I don't know if the Kanto wild Pokemon are still at their extremely low levels [as they were in Crystal]. But I was just wondering if you're going to bump them up at all?

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Steals others work are you positive? Got proof? Because they are the best emulators on the market by far... I'm not supporting him either as i'm not paying just using the lite version, half support hehe.
There was a Reddit article on it a while back ago, in the Android subreddit. They bring up a lot of good points. I'd post the link, but I haven't reached my 15-post requirement yet. It's recent, however; if you search it out, you'll be able to find it.

tl;dr yongzh takes the source code of open source emulators, modifies it, and releases it for profit, which basically goes against the GNU.
Of course, Tiger GBA might do the same thing... but I'm uneducated as to the development process of that emulator.

Last edited:

lukasz_pro

Saiyan Prince
Years
great info link :D
im so happy about higher pokemon leves :D
im waiting for 3.1 :D

can u tell me what legendaries are catchable in 3.1 ?

Years
Well, the level go up higher throughout the game. This starts from after you get to route 30 to do the first trainer battle. From then falkner is around level 11 and level 14, then from then on about 5 levels raised. I felt that the end levels and like having jasmin at level 26 for olivine was too low. Claire is in the 40+ range with the league going to be 50s most likely. Then Kanto trainers will start at about 45+. The idea is for balance them out over the hack making them harder at the same time. Its rather an experiment though.

Link

Oh:surprised:, OK:). I think you should increase the level of wild Pokemon.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
There was a Reddit article on it a while back ago, in the Android subreddit. They bring up a lot of good points. I'd post the link, but I haven't reached my 15-post requirement yet. It's recent, however; if you search it out, you'll be able to find it.

tl;dr yongzh takes the source code of open source emulators, modifies it, and releases it for profit, which basically goes against the GNU.
Of course, Tiger GBA might do the same thing... but I'm uneducated as to the development process of that emulator.

Does it matter? Yongzh's emulators have all been taken down off the Android Market, as well as Zodtt's PS1 emulator. It's still within the GNU because optionally you can use the emulator for free. Therefore, it's not exactly profiting from people's codes especially if the original developers profited from it themselves.

Either way, back on topic.

Anyone have anything to say about the sprites I posted? :/

linkandzelda

Years
I've never played this hack so I don't know if the Kanto wild Pokemon are still at their extremely low levels [as they were in Crystal]. But I was just wondering if you're going to bump them up at all?

I will be bumping them up otherwise they are too low :P

Ah thanks for telling me, still the emulators are the best ones out so i'll still use them.

I would like to know if most widely known glitches in 2.1 are being fixed?

Most of them should be.

great info link :D
im so happy about higher pokemon leves :D
im waiting for 3.1 :D

can u tell me what legendaries are catchable in 3.1 ?

Well enough will be available I cant remember the exact amount though. I know that Mewtwo and Mew are not, neither is deoxys.

Oh:surprised:, OK:). I think you should increase the level of wild Pokemon.

Done already.

Does it matter? Yongzh's emulators have all been taken down off the Android Market, as well as Zodtt's PS1 emulator. It's still within the GNU because optionally you can use the emulator for free. Therefore, it's not exactly profiting from people's codes especially if the original developers profited from it themselves.

Either way, back on topic.

Anyone have anything to say about the sprites I posted? :/

I love them :D:D

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2012
what about jolteon? he looks weird in beta 2.1. and golem
if i find anyone else, ill post it

cant wait till beta 3.1

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
what about jolteon? he looks weird in beta 2.1. and golem
if i find anyone else, ill post it

cant wait till beta 3.1

I'll do them too. Problem is with weird sprites, I used Emerald frame 2's or generic revamps in the last beta. So I need to fix them all for other reasons..

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I love them :D:D
True. XD They really are superior to a lot of other emulators out there. It's just a pity that he's profiting off of an originally open-source emulator, without permission from the authors. In a sense, it goes against my morals to download his work, and I certainly won't find myself buying it any time soon.
Still, I can see where you're coming from. I just wish there was a better, or equal, alternative.

But that's besides the point.

Do you know if there is a possible workaround to the legendary dog freeze in Burnt Tower? I've got it save-stated, but I very much doubt it will ever, you know... unfreeze. <_<

Back