• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
Years
if you breed a pokemon with a dream world ability will the pokemon you hatch from the egg also have the dream world ability as well

There is a chance it will pass it on, but there is also a chance it won't, just like for pokemon who normally have more than one ability, it's chosen at random.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2023
There is a chance it will pass it on, but there is also a chance it won't, just like for pokemon who normally have more than one ability, it's chosen at random.

ok so I can just keep on breeding the pokemon until it has the ability I want it to have

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Does anyone have a picture of the English BW Pokemon summary screen? Alternatively, can someone please tell me what the "Location Data" says for PokeShifted Pokemon and Unova-native Pokemon? I.e., things like "Met at ROUTE ____"; "Sinnoh/Johto", etc. Thanks!

(if someone manages to snag a Pokemon from Dream World later on; the "Location Data" of that Pokemon would be helpful, too. My guess is that it's probably "Fatefully Encountered", but idk...)

Woobat

Koromori
Years
Does anyone have a picture of the English BW Pokemon summary screen? Alternatively, can someone please tell me what the "Location Data" says for PokeShifted Pokemon and Unova-native Pokemon? I.e., things like "Met at ROUTE ____"; "Sinnoh/Johto", etc. Thanks!

(if someone manages to snag a Pokemon from Dream World later on; the "Location Data" of that Pokemon would be helpful, too. My guess is that it's probably "Fatefully Encountered", but idk...)

I can't answer your first question, but here's the answer to your second.

The text for Pokeshifted pokemon from 3rd gen is:
(Date Transferred)
Hoenn/Kanto
Apparently arrived at Lv. XXX after a long journey through time.

4th gen:
(Date Transferred)
Sinnoh/Johto
Apparantly arrived at Lv. XXX.

Pokemon caught in Unova:
(Date Caught)
(Location)
Met at Lv. XXX.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Dream World Pokemon say "Entree Forest" and "Met at Lv. ___", because you actually physically catch it in Entree Forest in the Entralink.

I tried to take a picture of my summary screen but my phone's camera isn't good enough to take such a close picture, sorry :/

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
Years
So quick question. Where can I see trapinch? I don't want to have to use Entralink to get the person to come, so I just want it in my pokedex so I can look up the damn thing in the pokedex.

Also, this is retarded. You can't try to search for a pokemon you haven't seen yet. So if that pokemon has no chance of being caught or seen, you're screwed and won't be able to search for it in the GTS. That just annoys the crap out of me. I'm not even allowed to take the lazy route out and try to look it up on GTS.

Years
Is there a place I can buy Elixers or Ethers or something that does the same?

And how do I get into the inner cave of the Giant Chasm to catch Kyurem?

One more question: what's the point of Honey in this Pokemon version?

Last edited:

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
Years
So quick question. Where can I see trapinch? I don't want to have to use Entralink to get the person to come, so I just want it in my pokedex so I can look up the damn thing in the pokedex.

Also, this is retarded. You can't try to search for a pokemon you haven't seen yet. So if that pokemon has no chance of being caught or seen, you're screwed and won't be able to search for it in the GTS. That just annoys the crap out of me. I'm not even allowed to take the lazy route out and try to look it up on GTS.

I hate it too, and as far as I can see there is no one with Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon to see them and get the 'dex sighting from in Black, as for White, someone enables it to be caught, no idea who, they really screwed the pooch with the GTS, horrible system, you could always see if someone would be willing to trade on via Wi-Fi in that area of the forums.

Ethers and Elixers are limited, Elixers can be found through Pickup.
When you walk into the entrance of Giant Chasm, you have to walk to the left and around to eventually get to the other side and climb down and enter the next area, it's rather straight forward once you go around it.

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
Years

One more question: what's the point of Honey in this Pokemon version?

No you can not and have not been able to since the first generation.

For Giant Chasm, head forward when in the main area. Jump down the ledge and head right, around in a spiral so to speak. Just keep looking around until you find what appears to be a large pit and you hear Kyurem cry. The whole area becomes covered in snow and you can head up the stairs to the area Kyurem is in now.

I hate it too, and as far as I can see there is no one with Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon to see them and get the 'dex sighting from in Black, as for White, someone enables it to be caught, no idea who, they really screwed the pooch with the GTS, horrible system, you could always see if someone would be willing to trade on via Wi-Fi in that area of the forums.
Yeah, I guess that's the only option. I might just resort to trying out the Entralink though. Thanks for the response.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
For Giant Chasm, head forward when in the main area. Jump down the ledge and head right, around in a spiral so to speak. Just keep looking around until you find what appears to be a large pit and you hear Kyurem cry. The whole area becomes covered in snow and you can head up the stairs to the area Kyurem is in now.

To expand on this, because it wouldn't have helped me too much when I was looking for mine because I was so lost:

Spoiler:

The bottom map, where the star is, is where you need to go. You'll know how to continue once you get there because of the snow.

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
Does anyone know what would be best for the Elite 4 in Pokemon White version? My problem is, I only have 4 good, high leveled Poke's. Which are:

Victini Level 49
Boldore Level 48
Serperior Level 50
Gurdurr Level 48

I am surprised that I made it through all 8 gyms with only 4 Poke's. I am thinking of getting a decent Flying type and a Water type, but I just don't know. Does anyone have any tips?

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
Hey I can't seem to get my Eeveelution in the DW. Anyone know how to? I played the minigame and got Espeon, btw.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Does anyone know what would be best for the Elite 4 in Pokemon White version? My problem is, I only have 4 good, high leveled Poke's. Which are:

Victini Level 49
Boldore Level 48
Serperior Level 50
Gurdurr Level 48

I am surprised that I made it through all 8 gyms with only 4 Poke's. I am thinking of getting a decent Flying type and a Water type, but I just don't know. Does anyone have any tips?

I wouldn't go for those types. The Elite Four (trying to spoil as little as possible here) uses the less traditional typings, as in, not grass or water or normal. One of the most frustrating things I found in the Elite Four was that I trained my Pokemon to handle the Gym Leader's typings, and then when I hit the Elite Four, I wasn't ready for any of their typings.

Hey I can't seem to get my Eeveelution in the DW. Anyone know how to? I played the minigame and got Espeon, btw.

They're not released yet. Nice choice on Espeon though, that was mine as well.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
I can't answer your first question, but here's the answer to your second.

The text for Pokeshifted pokemon from 3rd gen is:
(Date Transferred)
Hoenn/Kanto
Apparently arrived at Lv. XXX after a long journey through time.

4th gen:
(Date Transferred)
Sinnoh/Johto
Apparantly arrived at Lv. XXX.

Pokemon caught in Unova:
(Date Caught)
(Location)
Met at Lv. XXX.
Does the summary screen still say anything different for Distant Land Pokémon, or is it just Hoenn/Kanto?

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
Thank you Tourjours, I just went to serbii and found out that a few of the E4 use some types that are a disadvantage to mine. I've also found out that I've got some TM moves that have the advantage over most of them, so I'll just grind up a bit and go from there. I'll still go catch some other Poke's so I'll have a full team of 6 instead of 4, better to have more than less, right?

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
Years
So I just tried out the Entralink with my brother's Black version. I went to Black City, but the person I wanted to come to mine wasn't in his nor mine. (Pkmn Ranger Eliza, the one that is tied to Trapinch, and another one that is tied to Ralts)

So, am I screwed out of not getting these at all? Will new people eventually appear, or do I have to find people who do have said people in their Black City and get them to migrate to mines. I'm really frustrated.

So if you don't have all the people, but you want other new people to come to yours, will that ever happen without migrating someone else's who has it?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So if you don't have all the people, but you want other new people to come to yours, will that ever happen without migrating someone else's who has it?
You'll just eventually lose all your people. Only way to get new people is to either restart the game, or just extralink. D:

Either way, the dream world should have a trapinch anyway, since most Pokemon can be found there...I think yeah.

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
Years

You'll just eventually lose all your people. Only way to get new people is to either restart the game, or just extralink. D:

Either way, the dream world should have a trapinch anyway, since most Pokemon can be found there...I think yeah.

No, I mean, for example, I already have like 6 people in my White Forest and my brother has 10 in his Black City. But neither of our games has the two trainers I am looking for. If they are not in either game, is it possible to get new trainers without Entralinking with a third person to get the trainers desired?

As in, is it possible to receive a specific trainer if you did not have the trainer in the game ever?

I can also rule out Dream World as an option as when I tried today, I was unable to even use it as I needed an update to Flash Player. It never installs properly because the damn school laptop which is my only internet access blocks me from installing ANYTHING, including said needed update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back