• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my team and suggest

Years
First of, if possible I want to have Espeon, Umbreon and Glaceon in my team =) I just love them. If possible i like to make them a competitive team

note: I am a beginner so go easy on me
Espeon

Psycic
Signal beam
Calm mind
Substitute/ Shadow Ball/ Wish

Umbreon / Leftovers

Wish
payback
Curse
toxic

Glaceon ( Don't own one yet XP)
Blizzard
Hail
Shadow Ball
?

Jolteon

Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Light Screen
Thunder wave

Blaziken

252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Swords Dance
Flare Blitz
Super Power
Thunderpunch

Scizor

12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
x- scissor
U-turn
Bullet Punch
Pursuit

Comments/ Suggestions are always welcome. I also like to hear what your team is if you want to post

I edited and removed Gengar ( yes i did XD) and put Blaziken and Scizor. Now i just need to get them XP

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
I strongly suggest dropping Moonlight and Morning sun for wish especially if you plan on using a tyranitar. Espeon needs his hidden ability magic bounce and makes a great special sweeper.
A typical espeon would be...
leftovers/life orb
Magic bounce
EVs: 252/HP 4/Sp.Atk 252/Spd
Psychic/Psyshock
Calm mind
Hidden Power Fighting
the last move slot is up to you
Espeon should really play the role of Special sweeper as well as stop moves such as spikes, leech seed, etc... with magic bounce

Umbreon is more of a Special Wall
leftovers
Synchronize
EVs: 252/HP 4/Def 252/Sp.Def
Wish
Payback
Heal Bell/Confuse ray
Protect/Toxic
Umbreon will support your team more than any real offense, wish is best here because then you can switch in to another pokemon in your team and heal that. Heal bell is probably better than confuse ray especially if status problems are hurting your team.

Lastly, I would lose tyranitar due to the fact that a sandstorm would hurt your team more than help it, its hidden ability sand force could be used but that would take away the whole point of the Tyranitar

This is just my opinion, I have been wrong before but I hope this helped give you some good ideas

Years
[SIZE="a"]Yay finally a reply. :3

Oh this greatly helped. I have no idea what magic bounce is though. I think it's a Gen V ability. Aww but i gotta reset the Ev on espeon again. I put 40 Hp, 252 SpA and 216 Spe. Do you think it's okay?[/SIZE]

[SIZE="a"]As for hidden power, i have no idea how to use that. Do you have an idea on how to apply that?[/SIZE]

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
[SIZE="a"]Yay finally a reply. :3

Oh this greatly helped. I have no idea what magic bounce is though. I think it's a Gen V ability. Aww but i gotta reset the Ev on espeon again. I put 40 Hp, 252 SpA and 216 Spe. Do you think it's okay?[/SIZE]

[SIZE="a"]As for hidden power, i have no idea how to use that. Do you have an idea on how to apply that?[/SIZE]

You don't use pokegen do you?

Magic bounce is a Gen V hidden ability that is a must for espeon, the EV's are not bad just another option, the fewer HP means that it will not be as bulky and wish would not give as much support to the rest of your team.
If you can't get access to pokegen or pokesav I would drop hidden power and go for wish or baton pass

Years
[SIZE="a"]I'm lost with pokegen. XD what's that? ahah but thanks for the advice. =). I try to reset the ev. I think it's much better if you can support the team. =)[/SIZE]

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
I'm lost with pokegen. XD what's that? ahah but thanks for the advice. =). I try to reset the ev. I think it's much better if you can support the team. =)

Pokegen stands for Pokemon Generator, It is a computer software where you can create pokemon and save them to a save file, unfourtunately it requires an r4 chip to get it on to an actual game cartridge

Years
I want to point out some things only....
A Common OU Pokemon and when I say common, I mean common!
Scizor:
And Almost every scizor uses U-turn, Or even Sword Dace Scizor with bug bite...
Another common move is pursuit
This Guy Can pretty easily destroy half of your team(Espeon,Umbreon,Gengar)

Some good options to avoid sth like that to happen is: Heatran,Infernape and maybe Volcarona(I haven't tried this one)
1)Heatran can be Sp.Defensive with leftovers and calm nature
offensive and simply can adgust to many teams
2)Infernape
This guy ofc can go Offensive/Sp.Offensive Or even a mixed one....

I also agree with Crazyme931 to take off T-tar if you want to keep you eeveelutions :)
These are only suggestions and you should think what suit you better and have fun ofc :)

P.S. You can try your teams by battling in Pokemon Online before you start EV/LvL Training them to ur game...
You dont want to waste time making sth that you won't use :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
— Teams must include six Pokémon, along with their item, ability, nature, EV spread, and four moves.
If you cannot think of how to fill a few item or move slots, that's fine, but teams must be mostly complete or they will be locked. Just keep in mind that you may post in the Simple Q&A Thread if you need team building advice. Additionally, if you have no idea what EVs are, it would be best if you read this article. If you are unsure what movesets to give your Pokémon, find some on Smogon, and change them to your liking. Please use something resembling the following format when listing each Pokémon:

Pokémon @ Item
Ability (if required)
EVs
Nature
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4
I'll leave this open so you can edit your thread.

Years
Pokegen stands for Pokemon Generator, It is a computer software where you can create pokemon and save them to a save file, unfourtunately it requires an r4 chip to get it on to an actual game cartridge

Oh, I used to have an r4 chip but the micro chip is busted XP Sucks for me XD

I want to point out some things only....
A Common OU Pokemon and when I say common, I mean common!
Scizor:
And Almost every scizor uses U-turn, Or even Sword Dace Scizor with bug bite...
Another common move is pursuit
This Guy Can pretty easily destroy half of your team(Espeon,Umbreon,Gengar)

Some good options to avoid sth like that to happen is: Heatran,Infernape and maybe Volcarona(I haven't tried this one)
1)Heatran can be Sp.Defensive with leftovers and calm nature
offensive and simply can adgust to many teams
2)Infernape
This guy ofc can go Offensive/Sp.Offensive Or even a mixed one....

I also agree with Crazyme931 to take off T-tar if you want to keep you eeveelutions :)
These are only suggestions and you should think what suit you better and have fun ofc :)

P.S. You can try your teams by battling in Pokemon Online before you start EV/LvL Training them to ur game...
You dont want to waste time making sth that you won't use :)

Okay point taken =) That's a really good advice XD I changed some Pokemon so I have different types and etc. Pokemon Online? you mean ds battle over wifi or is this another programm? XD Sorry for being clueless

I'll leave this open so you can edit your thread.

Hope it's okay now =) Or is there something i need to add?

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Espeon needs Magic Bounce as its ability, since that's what makes it so good. An offensive Espeon would look something like:
-Calm Mind
-Psychic/Psyshock
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power (Fighting/Fire)
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce

While Umbreon does make a decent Curser, it has to choose between all-out Cursing, or Wish support. I'd make it a Wish support Pokemon, because it benefits the team more:
-Wish
-Protect/Moonlight
-Toxic
-Payback
Nature: Careful/Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize

As much as I hate to say it, Glaceon is terrible in OU because of an extremely shallow move pool, but it can abuse Choice Specs decently:
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power (Ground/Fighting)
-Shadow Ball
-Wish/Baton Pass
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SAtk
Item: Choice Specs

If you're playing OU, Blaziken is an Uber, just so you know, because of Speed Boost. You'll have to make do with Infernape:
-Fire Blast/Overheat
-Close Combat
-Grass Knot/U-turn
-Mach Punch/Stone Edge
Nature: Hasty/Naive
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe

Since Scizor is using U-turn, it's better off with a Choice Band for more power:
-U-turn
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower/Brick Break
-Pursuit/Quick Attack
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Technician

Years
Okay point taken =) That's a really good advice XD I changed some Pokemon so I have different types and etc. Pokemon Online? you mean ds battle over wifi or is this another programm? XD Sorry for being clueless
No worries mate :) Yes Pokemon Online is a program wich you can battle with other people of your tier/your freinds etc
The nice thing about this is that You can build a team with the EVs/IVs you want Item you want it to hold and ofc it's level....
If you see sth that doesnt work well you can change it in a matter of seconds...

Ex. You decide that the EVs in your pokemon are the ones you prefer and you want to change them, you can edit your team again and do whatever you want...
In a real pokemon game if that happens you have to start all over again(or at some point by using those berries,dont remember their names,nvm) EVing you pokemon

So You can try and try again your team and different teams and if you really like one of them you can then make it in you real-game
You can google Pokemon Online and find it, easy
If you need anything else pm me :)

Btw Take Off Blaziken from your team :P He/She will move your whole team in Ubers Tier and that means Arceus/Darkrai/Deoxys/Lugia/Mewtwo etc etc
Instead try Infernape as I suggested before
The build that the Dude above me gives its the common build and very solid
I Kinda dont like Life Orbs so I kinda like Playing Infernape as a "Revenge Killer"
Item:Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Hasty Or Naive
EVs:252 Spe / 108 Atk / 148 SpA (Split to Attck and Sp.Attck change that if u want to)
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power(Ice) (Wi-fi battles on ur Pokemon game change that with Stone Edge)
- U-Turn

Years
Espeon needs Magic Bounce as its ability, since that's what makes it so good. An offensive Espeon would look something like:
-Calm Mind
-Psychic/Psyshock
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power (Fighting/Fire)
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Ability: Magic Bounce

While Umbreon does make a decent Curser, it has to choose between all-out Cursing, or Wish support. I'd make it a Wish support Pokemon, because it benefits the team more:
-Wish
-Protect/Moonlight
-Toxic
-Payback
Nature: Careful/Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize

As much as I hate to say it, Glaceon is terrible in OU because of an extremely shallow move pool, but it can abuse Choice Specs decently:
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power (Ground/Fighting)
-Shadow Ball
-Wish/Baton Pass
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SAtk
Item: Choice Specs

If you're playing OU, Blaziken is an Uber, just so you know, because of Speed Boost. You'll have to make do with Infernape:
-Fire Blast/Overheat
-Close Combat
-Grass Knot/U-turn
-Mach Punch/Stone Edge
Nature: Hasty/Naive
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe

Since Scizor is using U-turn, it's better off with a Choice Band for more power:
-U-turn
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower/Brick Break
-Pursuit/Quick Attack
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Technician

Blaziken uber? O.o just so i am correct, uber is the term for where legendaries and the like compete... What kind of speed boost? Too bad that i don't have a pearl edition then i guess charizard has to do there

No worries mate :) Yes Pokemon Online is a program wich you can battle with other people of your tier/your freinds etc
The nice thing about this is that You can build a team with the EVs/IVs you want Item you want it to hold and ofc it's level....
If you see sth that doesnt work well you can change it in a matter of seconds...

Ex. You decide that the EVs in your pokemon are the ones you prefer and you want to change them, you can edit your team again and do whatever you want...
In a real pokemon game if that happens you have to start all over again(or at some point by using those berries,dont remember their names,nvm) EVing you pokemon

So You can try and try again your team and different teams and if you really like one of them you can then make it in you real-game
You can google Pokemon Online and find it, easy
If you need anything else pm me :)

Btw Take Off Blaziken from your team :P He/She will move your whole team in Ubers Tier and that means Arceus/Darkrai/Deoxys/Lugia/Mewtwo etc etc
Instead try Infernape as I suggested before
The build that the Dude above me gives its the common build and very solid
I Kinda dont like Life Orbs so I kinda like Playing Infernape as a "Revenge Killer"
Item:Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Hasty Or Naive
EVs:252 Spe / 108 Atk / 148 SpA (Split to Attck and Sp.Attck change that if u want to)
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power(Ice) (Wi-fi battles on ur Pokemon game change that with Stone Edge)
- U-Turn

Oh that's a great program! I must search it and download it. I just hope it is also mac compatible.

ahaha and guess what, I wasted my time for getting a good Espeon and Umbreon, I breeded, Ev trained, teached them Tms and etc etc... I think i have now 3 espeon ev trained and about lvl 50 and 2 umbreons XD Just goes to show that i have too much free time XD But it's pokemon so I hope you guys forgive me ahah XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
Blaziken is uber because of his Dream World Ability, and Gen V exclusive Ability, Speed Boost.
This is the standard set for SBoostKen.
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Life Orb / Leftovers
Speed Boost
Jolly / Adamant
~ Swords Dance
~ Hi Jump Kick
~ Protect
~ Flare Blitz
That's why it's Uber, since it can abuse Protect for Speed Boost, and if it get's some Sword Dances, it's GG for the enemy team, unless, they have Counter or something.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Blaziken uber? O.o just so i am correct, uber is the term for where legendaries and the like compete... What kind of speed boost? Too bad that i don't have a pearl edition then i guess charizard has to do there

Blaziken is uber because of his Dream World Ability, and Gen V exclusive Ability, Speed Boost.
This is the standard set for SBoostKen.
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Life Orb / Leftovers
Speed Boost
Jolly / Adamant
~ Swords Dance
~ Hi Jump Kick
~ Protect
~ Flare Blitz
That's why it's Uber, since it can abuse Protect for Speed Boost, and if it get's some Sword Dances, it's GG for the enemy team, unless, they have Counter or something.

Zantetsu is correct. Blaziken became an Uber because of its DW ability, Speed Boost. It shouldn't be in OU teams because of this, which is why I suggested Infernape.

(Blaziken is better off as Adamant because Speed Boost will already take care of its Speed)

@Scuki: Not all Pokemon in Ubers are legendary Pokemon, and not all legendary Pokemon are Ubers (Excadrill and Garchomp are non-legendary Ubers while Pokemon such as Articuno and Entei are legendary non-Ubers, for instance).

Years
Zantetsu is correct. Blaziken became an Uber because of its DW ability, Speed Boost. It shouldn't be in OU teams because of this, which is why I suggested Infernape.

(Blaziken is better off as Adamant because Speed Boost will already take care of its Speed)

@Scuki: Not all Pokemon in Ubers are legendary Pokemon, and not all legendary Pokemon are Ubers (Excadrill and Garchomp are non-legendary Ubers while Pokemon such as Articuno and Entei are legendary non-Ubers, for instance).

Well but i don't have black or white, will it still be uber? and thanks for the info =) i always wondered what that word meant

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Well but i don't have black or white, will it still be uber? and thanks for the info =) i always wondered what that word meant

In D/P/Pt, Blaziken was UU because it was outclassed by Infernape. In B/W however, Blaziken became an Uber for the reasons I stated above.

Also, is this a Gen IV team or a Gen V team? I've been wondering about that for a while.

Years
[SIZE="a"]

In D/P/Pt, Blaziken was UU because it was outclassed by Infernape. In B/W however, Blaziken became an Uber for the reasons I stated above.

Also, is this a Gen IV team or a Gen V team? I've been wondering about that for a while.

It's a Gen IV team for now. I don't own yet black or white. But i want to buy it. Maybe i can transfer that team to gen V. But then i guess i need to change Blaziken.[/SIZE]

Okay so I used pokemon online battle simulator and tested my team there but I got beat so hard!!!! then i noticed that i put my pokemon lvl on 50 and his on 100..... epic fail? or just stupidity? XD

hey it's me again, so i changed all to lvl 100 but still I got beat hard T.T I guess I'm not fit for competitive battle XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2012
This thread has been super helpful. Thanks all!

Forgot to mention I'm a newbie too... and that's why it's so helpful.

Last edited:
Years
I made a hail team, How do you find it? =)

well it's actually still in progress but i am starting to make a hail team

Glaceon (Modest)

252 SpA/ 252 Spe / 4 Def

Blizzard
Hail
Shadow Balll
Mirror Coat

Flygon ( jolly)

252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD

Earthquake
Draco Meteor
Toxic
Roost

Marmoswine (adamant)

252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Def

Earthquake
Blizzard
Reflect
Ice Shard

Vaporeon ( quiet)

I forgot the Ev spread but i think it's 252 Hp / 252 Spd / 4 Spe

Surfer
Ice Beam
Protect
Wish

I am also planning to have a Bronzong and Lucario or Abomasnow... But I can't catch a snover T.T and i am too lazy to walk with my pokewalker to get snover XD so lucario will do XD

Brozong ( Sassy)

252 SpD/ 252 Def / 4 Hp

Trickroom
Hypnosis
Gyroball
Stealthrock

Lucario ( Adamant)

252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def

Swordsdance
Close Combat
Extremespeed
Stone Edge

As for items, I don't know yet.... I really like a Abomasnow in my team since it has permanent hail

Back