• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2016
pokemon dark rising

hi iam really excited to play this hack when will the beta 1 release in july i mean date

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@ Raghavendraxxx

Can't exactly say a specific day, but it will be in July.

Although he won't appear in the beta that's soon to be released, if anyone is interested or knows how to make Yami Yugi(or little Yugi, doesn't matter) OWs, please PM me. I created one but it's not perfect & I know I'll hear complaints if I insert the one I currently have. So if you're good at spriting or already have Yugi sprites available, please inform me. I only need standing/walking sprites(0-8) & it would help if they're already ready to be inserted into Overworld Editor/NSE. Thanks!
I can't wait to release the beta. It's really fun to play, challenging, & funny with a very good storyline. It may be done even faster now as I may take over reinserting the scripts since I have more time available then my partner Tajaros at the moment.

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
I really like your story !!! The hack's tiles also look awesome !! keep up the fine work ! Good luck on this and by the way tomorrow is the 1st of july :D

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
UPDATE:

This is the Last teaser Update before the beta releases next month. For those who feel these are spoilers, don't worry. The beta is so big, everything that's been posted thus far & now is only small portions of events that'll occur.

5phcn7.png

2f0dhy1.png

2n7fds7.png

98db36.png
(Thanks again to Kyle_649 for the Kyurem Sprite.)
dndo2b.png

34s1do4.png

2j4aqs9.png

344ussy.png

20mptf.png
(Thanks again to Kyle_649 for the Kyurem White/Black Sprites.)

It may seem the story is based on Kyurem & Sydney...It's not. I said before that each main character has their own specific story in the hack that the player will have to go through as they progress in the game. To put it simple, you'll mostly be playing to solve the main quest in the game, but as you meet some of the main characters, their stories will eventually twist into the main events that are happening in the player's adventure.

Also, here's the finalized look for the main characters I posted previously. (The Heroine is still in the works.) Thanks to Tajaros for these!

nwwoxe.png
Oren

mcby4y.png
Kaz

2ahxkyx.png
Sydney

i449rl.png
Kayo

2aes8z6.png
Dray

I'll be changing the OWs to match each of them starting now. The gameplay pictures above have the OWs from the previous sprites shown. Not the finalized ones.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
This is absurd. The new looks of the characters are amazing. Really good work & the screenshots look fantastic. I like Oren the most. His new look ha really improved.

Good luck on the beta, DRG.

~Mid, BW2's Biggest Fan

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
UPDATE:

This is the Last teaser Update before the beta releases next month. For those who feel these are spoilers, don't worry. The beta is so big, everything that's been posted thus far & now is only small portions of events that'll occur.

5phcn7.png

2f0dhy1.png

2n7fds7.png

98db36.png
(Thanks again to Kyle_649 for the Kyurem Sprite.)
dndo2b.png

34s1do4.png

2j4aqs9.png

344ussy.png

20mptf.png
(Thanks again to Kyle_649 for the Kyurem White/Black Sprites.)

It may seem the story is based on Kyurem & Sydney...It's not. I said before that each main character has their own specific story in the hack that the player will have to go through as they progress in the game. To put it simple, you'll mostly be playing to solve the main quest in the game, but as you meet some of the main characters, their stories will eventually twist into the main events that are happening in the player's adventure.

Also, here's the finalized look for the main characters I posted previously. (The Heroine is still in the works.) Thanks to Tajaros for these!

nwwoxe.png
Oren

mcby4y.png
Kaz

2ahxkyx.png
Sydney

i449rl.png
Kayo

2aes8z6.png
Dray

I'll be changing the OWs to match each of them starting now. The gameplay pictures above have the OWs from the previous sprites shown. Not the finalized ones.

I forgot to add the character V, as he has become a more important character through recent development of the story.

2isk4r4.png
V

Years
Im feel im being punished by not being able to play this hack yet. the recent update only makes me want to play it even more. pls release the beta soon. I cannot wait!

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2015
I love Oren and Dray's sprites! Can't you release one more update the day before you release Dark Rising?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@ glaceon12

1 More Update? Okay. I'll just give the update now then. Last One for now!

Glaceon12 Requested UPDATE:

Although Beta 1 is the primary focus since it's near release, that doesn't mean I haven't been working on beta 2 as well. The reason why these events aren't making it into the first beta because there's still the town's folks scripts I have to edit, as well as add some of the custom tiles to the 5th/6th city and edit some of the trainers along the paths that gap these events together:

2jdp9n8.png
Oren's Completed!

kd4l0j.png
A City in the 1st Beta.
35iauxc.png
Random Bird Battle
2mflo50.png
Random Sword Battle
5p4w05.png

339pqxf.png

2z7hgls.png

28bwlqs.png

6f5y08.png

33p6io8.png

Remember, most of these are Events from Beta 2 that I've been working on so don't expect to see these in the first beta. I felt like I've shown about enough of the 1st one and decided to showcase what I'm currently focusing on while my partner Tajaros is finishing up beta 1.

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2015
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! When I reach that city I'll remember that screenshot. I see thay in your battles your Pokemon have TM moves or Move Tutor moves. Is there going to be an infinite usage of TMs or are we going to be able to buy them constantly or are those just level up moves? I am really excited about the game, looks great
!

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
this games will be awsome, still looking forward to play it, too bad that in order to almost have a full play of the first region we will have to wait like the near end of this year (if the world doesn't ends..nah just joking), this might be to early to ask, but after releasing beta 2, how much time do you think it will take for beta 3?, which pokemon will be the starters ones?, can we get a riolu in beta 1 or wait till beta 2?, can you say the unobtainable pokemon (the gym leaders signatur pokemon)?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@Glaceon12- Every Pokemon will learn most of their egg moves and a couple of moves that are normally TMs by Leveling Up instead of breeding or TMs/HMs. TMs/HMs are still in the game of course, but most Pokemon will learn very good moves on their own. I used Serebii.Net for this information & mixed the egg moves into the Pokemon's normally lv up moves from B/W.

@Gold011- The starters are Dratini, Bagon, Gible(As shown in the hack support banner,). Yes, Riolu is obtainable in the 1st beta in a cave known as Battle Cave. Which is a cave some of the best/favorite 1st evolution pokemon can be found. It's easily the most exciting cave in the game as it has pokemon like Larvitar/Beldum inside(Very Rare to find though). A Beta 3 is nowhere near in the making so I can't really answer that...Idk next year sometime I guess. Only news on that is I have the custom tiles I'm going to insert for the 2nd region already. I listed the pokemon for the gym leaders previously:

Fire Gym-Heatmor
Water Gym-Seismictoad
Psychic Gym-Sigilyph
Ice Gym-Cryogonal
Normal Gym- No signature pokemon for her.
Steel Gym-Durant
Ghost Gym-Giratina (I explained why before. It's an event/gym battle)
Dragon Gym- ???
2nd Region
Electric Gym-Ampharos
The rest of the gyms for the 2nd region I don't know yet because the 2nd region is not completed at all.

That's about all for now. I'll be inactive while Tajaros finishes up the last cities in Beta 1.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
oh, ok, that's fine for me, can't wait to play this while listening to p.e.n.15 theme song from smosh while playing this, LOL

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@Dimazsi22 Beta 1 hopefully, will be done sometime this month, waiting on my buddy Tajaros to finish up.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Amazing work, DRG. I'm hoping for the Shiny Rayquaza sprite if there is one or I'll use the normal one. I'll try to get it done in 1-2 days. Again, I'm really supporting this hack.

Back