• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Saudi? Sounds like it's more and more likely to be an Radical Islamic attack. :c

-sigh- It's people like them that I hate. People like them that give my religion, regardless of how irreligious I may be, a bad name. If he is the suspect behind all of this, I hope to God that he pays for what he did.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
There were at least two reporters that ran most of the marathon and then immediately reported on the bombings. What strong people. *o*

Reactions: Her

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Saudi? Sounds like it's more and more likely to be an Radical Islamic attack. :c

-sigh- It's people like them that I hate. People like them that give my religion, regardless of how irreligious I may be, a bad name. If he is the suspect behind all of this, I hope to God that he pays for what he did.

If it is proven to be a Radical Islam attack, you can look forward to even more hate and discrimination coming your way for not only you but your religion too! Joyous times!

Honest

Hi!
Years
I mean I'm not persecuted personally, but I know a few people who are. And it sickens me to my very core, honestly. Those days after 9/11 were terrible. If this proves to be a similar case, I'll legit cry. Not for myself, but for the facing the truth of how despicable and deluded people can be and have become. And for the victims, of course.

Sir Codin

Some people become so jaded to the possibility of non-violent change never occurring in a system they don't believe in that they feel a violent act is the only way to stir up change.

Or maybe they're just chaotic madmen who get off on random carnage.

Either way, it's disgusting and tragic.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Oh, here's one that seems to be updated
The deadly bombing at the Boston Marathon that killed at least three and injured more than 130 is believed to be an act of terrorism, senior White House officials told Fox News.

I really am not sure what to think on the matter. Probably because it seems very sudden and I'm not really sure what to expect now.

Just curious- do you guys think this is a one-time kind of thing, or is it going to keep coming?
The article quoted above mentions that "five undetonated explosive devices were found in the Boston area". So more damage was planned than what actually happened. A different article mentioned that suspicious packages were found in subway stops, as well.

Sir Codin

There haven't been any public statements from whoever did this yet, so it's still unclear as to whether or not there'll be more attacks...or what the motivations were for that matter.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Just found out about this...

First of all, Tyler is correct. There is no definitive proof and or information about who was behind this. It could have been a terrorist attack, or it could not have. The most we can do for now is to send our love to the victims, and their families, and avoid jumping to conclusions.

As a side note I can't even begin to describe how disgusted I am that they feel the need to specify the race of a suspect, who they have yet to mention why they find suspicious.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I more meant opinions- I already knew that they don't know much about this yet.

Glad you mentioned that, Roc. I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere.

Making assumptions that he's guilty based on race is a waste of time and idiotic, in my opinion. Though there's a chance that they do have real evidence and just haven't released it yet, of course. T:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Hadn't even seen that thread until after I started the topic. Oops.
Does that mean we should be changing the topic, or? I know you don't moderate here anymore but I'm still a bit clueless to the unsaid rules of DCC. x:

Honest

Hi!
Years
Nah, it doesn't have to change. This thread is like a bunch of people meeting up at a restaurant, we talk about whatever we want. :3

So you can continue the conversation if you wish, or subtly steer it to something new.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Regardless of who is found to be behind the bombings, I'm just glad that humanity has stepped up to offset the awfulness that has happened today with the positivity that people are reaching outwards. Opening their homes for those in need and all the blood donations are fantastic.

die bloodex

Honest

Hi!
Years
True, and that does make me happy. Still, it really is depressing to be in my place. I mean, my religion gets attacked all the time, and these idiots who are "fighting for a cause" don't know anything really. They just make us look bad. -sigh-

And no Jake. You're not winning.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Haha, you're so moderatorly, Dipu. X]

That topic seems to have been dying down, but it hasn't been an hour. I:
Hmmm. So.
I'm just going to ask an on-topic question in an attempt to revive this.
What was your reaction upon hearing about all this?

Honest

Hi!
Years
Why thank you Jess. :3

I was really really shocked and scared. Like I said, my best friend was there only a week ago, right where this all went down. So it made me realize how close things can be. I was legitimately sad and scared.

Also, Jess, you don't have to try to keep the conversation rolling, you know. It'll happen on its own accord, no worries. =P

Kurono

Remember?
Years
I can't help but wonder where the next major tragedy's going to be. I hate that these things happen but I hate even more that there's nothing we can really do about it.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Pissed... and heartsick as I read about it.
Reading the time stamps as it was updated, the victim number just kept growing...

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I've found that if I just post my normal boring posts, though, it always dies out. Then I delete my post and it comes back to life after someone else comes around. I'm a DCC murderer. ];

I was a bit ticked off that people around me kept talking and it made it hard to hear it being talked about on the radio. They didn't explain enough for me to grasp the situation, and I forgot about it almost right away, tbh. I'm not afraid of what might happen- or at least, afraid of my being injured/dying because of more attacks. Considering the fact that, for several medical reasons, I shouldn't be alive right now, I'm happy to have just made it this far in life. x;

I dunno. I'm still surprised by it happening so suddenly, so I guess I haven't thought much into it. I of course was alive during 9/11 but I was a kid and parents tried to hide it from me. So this is the first time I've actually known about any kind of terrorism-related doing when it happened.

Last edited:

Kurono

Remember?
Years
I've found that if I just post my normal boring posts, though, it always dies out. Then I delete my post and it comes back to life after someone else comes around. I'm a DCC murderer. ];

I was a bit ticked off that people around me kept talking and it made it hard to hear it being talked about on the radio. They didn't explain enough for me to grasp the situation, and I forgot about it almost right away, tbh. I'm not afraid of what might happen- or at least, afraid of being injured/dying because of more attacks. Considering the fact that, for several medical reasons, I shouldn't be alive right now, I'm happy to have just made it this far in life. x;

I dunno. I'm still surprised by it happening so suddenly, so I guess I haven't thought much into it. I of course was alive during 9/11 but I was a kid and parents tried to hide it from me. So this is the first time I've actually known about any kind of terrorism-related doing when it happened.

I'm glad you're grateful for the life you've been allotted, but if I can help it I think I'd be just fine avoiding loss of limb or life.

I'm gonna say this now: USA needs more cameras in public spaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back