• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Ametrine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

It IS in a cave? Must be a big cave if trees can grow in there lol.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I'm going to post my comments on the plot in bold, below. Even if you don't much care for it, Maruno.

Plot
It's your birthday when you move to Harbor City. You're finally old enough to pick up your Trainer Card. Why is it that you're old enough? Why couldn't you do this before, and why is it alright for you to do so now? Luckily, you live near mrs. Braun, an old woman who has permission to hand over Trainer Cards. Why does she have this power? When you pick it up and decide to go catch a Pokémon, something odd happens. Mrs. Braun decides to give you a Pokemon so you don't get mauled by wild beasts outside of town? A weird, red/black Pokémon stands right in front of you. It's sounding like we're descending into Gary Stu territory here... It looks scared. "Oh god! A human! D:" You decide to take it home. "Oh god, this human is going to make me into soup, isn't it!?" When you do that, your mother gets extremely over-exited. She's the first professor to have a fateful encounter with ZORUA, the Dark Fox. Oh god the capitalization... They seem to be very rare. Though, it decides to stay with you, and lets him catch you. ...The Pokemon lets you, the human, get caught by it, the Pokemon? D:

Your mother asks you if you could do something for her. ''It's nothing, just fill this Pokédex, sweetie.'' Surely there are others more qualified than her son, the Gary Stu? So there you go. Filling your Pokédex by beating gyms, trainers and Wild Pokémon. You travel through the Northern, Eastern, Southern and Western part of Amux, to encounter every single Pokémon around. Not Babos, surely.

But at a certain point, some people in white costumes pop up and steal your Zorua! D'awwww... that's mean of those 'people in white costumes'... At that point, you get to play as Zorua to break out again. Wait... what?
Doesn't that sound fun? Wait... what?

But it isn't just fun. You're getting weird dreams.. ...Who? Zorua, or the player? where you're just walking in a black void. There's no floor!? D: Being chased by something shadow-like. Is... is it a shadow? This stops, when you encounter a girl. Shame on that shadow... being scared like a girl and all. She's pretty, with golden brown hair, and a headband with a strange feather attached to it. Nice to see that the character is superficial like that. : P You and the girl really seem to like each other. So Gary Stu is now a mind reader, is he? ''They call me Selene.'', she says. So from that point, you and Selene travel together. ... If only it were that easy... She seems to be looking for something. Selene is in search for her true home. So... where she was living before wasn't good enough for her? When she was little, she had some kind of amnesia THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT A CLICHE, NOT IN THE LEAST. which made her forget everything. Yep, amnesia'll do that to you. At least, that's what her caretakers told her. [sarcasm]Nice to see that she loves them as much as if they were her true parents.[/sarcasm] They took her from an orphanage somewhere in West Amux. ...take? Or adopt? So that's where Selene wants to go, hoping to find her real parents, ask them why they left her. Don't most people adopt - or take - children from close by, not all the way across the region?

In the meanwhile, you visit temples, gyms, defeat bosses, trainers, wild Pokémon... everything. Just 'cause you're that kind of guy, right? To help your mom... well... not only because of that. Yeah, screw mom and her tasks.

The thing you've seen in your dreams now pops up for real. "Oh god, a shadow! It absolutely must be the shadow I saw in several dreams a few weeks back, it has to be!" You'll encounter it some times, but the ultimate battle with the Shadow Being lies somewhere... in another world. ...Narnia? Middle Earth? And that's how it's supposed to happen. IT IS MEANT TO BE, IT IS. Save the world from being sucked into the Newmoon Void Wait... what?, by releasing the Moon Goddess Wait... what? and defeating the Shadow Being! I'm... I'm confused...

Birdybot

-insert witty phrase here-
Years
This is just... wow. Definately one of my personal favourites, it looks like one of those games where everyone can't help but think it's awesome in some way.

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
Years
it sounds like a really interesting game (I love the idea of getting to play as the pokemon for a while), but I just have one question. will it be possible to play as a girl?

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
I'm going to post my comments on the plot in bold, below. Even if you don't much care for it, Maruno.
I can't deny I lol'd at alot of things you mentioned, haha. The plot is really summary-like in the thread, so I left little details out of it which would explain some of the things.

This is just... wow. Definately one of my personal favourites, it looks like one of those games where everyone can't help but think it's awesome in some way.
Haha, thank you, I appreciate that.

it sounds like a really interesting game (I love the idea of getting to play as the pokemon for a while), but I just have one question. will it be possible to play as a girl?
I don't really know that, since a big part of the game is already focused on the girl. But if there are many people who'd like a female player... who am I to not follow that advice?

It IS in a cave? Must be a big cave if trees can grow in there lol.
It's a hidden city inside of a hollow mountain. And it still has some small holes in it which make sun break through.. so there is the ability to grow trees.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
Dewitty, Tell Me How much of trial and error did you have and who is scripting/eventing the game right now?

The Dewitty

Years
Dewitty, Tell Me How much of trial and error did you have and who is scripting/eventing the game right now?
....Alot of errors. I even had to switch project for several times. The scripting is done by random people I know, like Wichu, from Pokémon Amethyst and ~JV~ from Pokémon Uranium, but the one I specifically asked for it was Luka S.J. from Pokémon Blue Chrome. I am eventing the game.

Karel_Kazuki

Years
I never would have guessed it took three scripters...And you have been working on this since October or around then?How far has the stor progressed?

Karel_Kazuki

Years
nice hack!!!!

i like the screenies and the storyline
That word is forbidden due to using it in the wrong forum.These arent hack, only games so if someone catches you using that word here,expect someone to correct you.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
There are tile errors on the screen that's in your signature :P
The water edges don't have shadowed water underneath them.

This is graphically and mapping-wise looking very, very good.
Best of luck!

Years
Playing as a Pokemon?!? Wow, you sure hit the spot man!!
And the screenies seem good but i think that the fog is a lil' too much...Anyway, good luck!!

The Dewitty

Years
Playing as a Pokemon?!? Wow, you sure hit the spot man!!
And the screenies seem good but i think that the fog is a lil' too much...Anyway, good luck!!
Yeah, I've had complaints about the fog before... I already fixed it a bit. Though, I like it the way it is now.

There are tile errors on the screen that's in your signature :P
The water edges don't have shadowed water underneath them.

This is graphically and mapping-wise looking very, very good.
Best of luck!
Thanks for noticing, it is fixed in both the sig and the thread. ;)

nice hack!!!!

i like the screenies and the storyline
As Karel_Kazuki already said, this isn't a hack. It's a game made with RPGXP. For hacks.. go to the emulation section.

I never would have guessed it took three scripters...And you have been working on this since October or around then?How far has the stor progressed?
It takes some skills, y'know... at least, if you want something besides just a pretty-looking game.

Atomic Reactor

It's a hidden city inside of a hollow mountain. And it still has some small holes in it which make sun break through.. so there is the ability to grow trees.

Some holes in it? Ok, some holes aren't gonna provide enough light for a tree to grow =/
I just can't buy it =/ Maybe some grass, or weeds, but not an entire tree.

If it's in a hollowed out mountain, then just make it surrounded by a mountain, I think that would suffice. It just seems to weird having trees grow inside a cave..

The Dewitty

Years
Some holes in it? Ok, some holes aren't gonna provide enough light for a tree to grow =/
I just can't buy it =/ Maybe some grass, or weeds, but not an entire tree.

If it's in a hollowed out mountain, then just make it surrounded by a mountain, I think that would suffice. It just seems to weird having trees grow inside a cave..

That was actually what I wanted. To make it seem impossible. You'll find out the reason when you play the game. :) But I don't want to reveal too much of the game, except for the plot in the thread. ;)

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2014
The look very very good.
The screen is bigger than normal rigth??
Good bye.

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2011
Can you evolve Zolua into Zoloark? I call them that because that's probably going their Americanized names.

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
Years
I don't really know that, since a big part of the game is already focused on the girl. But if there are many people who'd like a female player... who am I to not follow that advice?

It's true that the girl has an important role, but having a major npc be a chick is different from getting to actually play as a girl. idk, I mean, it's not difficult to make it so you can play as either a girl or a guy, so I guess I just don't really see why you'd make it so you could only play as a dude.

then again, it's your game, so I shouldn't tell you what to do with it XD it's looking great so far, I love the idea of a city inside a mountain.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
So you finally posted this?
I won't comment on the story since graphics are such an important part in your games.
1. It looks really good, the light effects don't deter from the rest and the buildings really nice. One bad part is where the grass connects to the ledge, it looks unnatural. The grass should really over hang a little.
2. The trees and grass are really nice, perfect pallets on them. Is it snow on the trees btw? And little cute Buneary hopping about!
3. Everything looks fine in the cave, but the light from the entrance, it doesn't look right.
4. The trees in here don't look very good in this one, I know they're the HG/SS standard, but I don't really like them. The mountain tiles also need a new pallet imo.
5. ^
6. Nice sea tiles there, I don't suppose they're public ;)
7. There shouldn't really be grass right on the sea shore, since the sea would wash anything away before it could grow that much. The rest looks great, I really like the gym.
8. It doesn't really matter, but how are those shrubs supposed to grow on paving? The flowers are too flat, but I suppose it fits.
9. Those great trees again! The buildings good and so is the rest. However, like in the cave, the lighting isn't that good. It's too distracting.
10. Same place.
11. You've mixed the trees pretty well, but maybe the top row of five in a shouldn't be all the same? Blue grass looks cool. And Zorua!
12. The building at the top looks a little flat, but maybe that's only since you can't see the top. The rest is fine.

Over all it's all really good, probably the fifth best looking game here. I don't like it as much as August Emerald (4th best imo), the buildings don't seems as original or good, the lighting is also not as good. I also like the classic resolution more.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2021
It looks awesome. But I noticed in the video that when the player gets to the edge of a map, he doesn't stay in the middle of the screen anymore. Is that intentional?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back