• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Uranium

What you think about the project?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
The video update is coming out soon! Its probably coming out today! It will also include some awesome surprises ^^. Also, help supporting the game by adding these small buttons made by ZP, they won't take much space from your sig.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
wow i really like your story! and fakemon
do u need a mapper?
im pretty good!

Any help is good ^^, please, PM me with an example of your work. Also, I only havent posted the update is because of the professor overworlds. Only these sprites are missing =p!

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Hmmm...It's been a while since you said you were gonna post an update...So you have it ready yet? Or must we still wait? ^^

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Here it is FMP ^^.

~Update~

Hehe, I have finnaly finished to make the video I promisid to show you guys ^^. There is alot of new things to the game now! Better graphics were added, new pokemon will be revealed and the coolest part is that now PU has a YouTube channel! And the first video I'll show you guys is of the beggining of the game itself. Have fun~

What has changed:
~New thread layout.
~Alot of custom made graphics added to the game.
~A video of the game.
~New pokemon.
~Some extra features/minigames

~New Graphics~

I made these graphics specially for the game some days ago, i hope you like them. They include (Bag interface, Battle interface, Pokemon Selection interface and also the Pokedex interface).

Bag Screen~
(Also I've recolored the bag)

29ncmlh.png

Pokemon Selection Screen~

2584cd4.png

Pokedex Screen~

15dl3bk.png

Battle Screen~

2wp6tg2.png

~The Beggining Video~

Note: Only see that video if you want to spoil all the beggining of the game.
Spoiler:

~New Pokemon~

I know you were already presented to Fartog, but now you'll know his two awesome evolutions!

015- FARTOG [WATER/POISON]
2wohaqd.png

FARTOG is rarely seen walking because of its big weight. They are also found in the bottom of lakes.

016- FOLEROG [WATER/POISON]
2wg8ylx.png

FOLEROGs can't swim, so they start living in grasslands next to rivers and lakes.

017- BLUBELROGS [WATER/POISON]
15qtdaw.png

BLUBELROGs are the masters of the calm water, they normally live together in the bottom of lakes or around them.

~Future Features~

In next updates The Pokemon Uranium team will show you:

-A pokemon racing championship...
-A new hotel system, where you can choose furniture etc...
-More in game videos of the first gym etc...

Well thats all for now, i hope you liked this update and I also hope that you start to look PU as a serious game and not as regular/below average game ^^. Also, if there is any grammar error in the video, plz tell me!

Years
In the video, on of the times the aunt spoke, she says, "i ...". It should be' "I ...". The ... is because I really did not pay enough attention to catch what was being said as much as if it was written correctly. I did not see any other errors though. It is a good video, I however do not like how you have to keep going between the houses (there, back, there, back, try to leave, stopped). Maybe you should have him venture to the next town then have the professor call him back. You should sprite up a Wii, so your character could have one.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Thanks for the comments guys ^^, but i really expexted more criticizing from everyone for this update. =/. Cmon tell me what you liked and what I need to change...

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
To be honest, I don't like the battle interface.
The colour is too bright and not match.
I prefer the FR/LG's.
Sorry for the critique....

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
are you talking about the textbox(bottom) or the battle ones? Also, thx for pointing out ;D

~Undefined~

Aspiring Pokémon Master...
Years
The music was horribly out of sinc in the video. (not that that matters if its ok in the actual game)
I really love the fakemons. ^^
It's great to have a pure flying Pokemon, Nintendo never made one. I think Grozard and Trelard should be dragon / ground (maybe not Grozard)
I also agree with what a couple of people said before; that you should make a third evolution for the starters. It's tradition isn't it? If you do that, I would put the new fire starter in between Flager and Inflagetah (Hope I spelled that right) because Inflagetah looks like a third stage evo, and there is too much difference between Flager and Inflagetah.

Great game, I love it ^^
~Undefined~

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Hey guys, sry for not being on for some time, Im in France with some friends, so im spending my time with them. In some days I will be back.

~Unedfined~: The music is out of sync because of the recording software that really sucks and makes everything lag. Im glad you liked the fakemon and Ill think about adding the first evolution stage for the starters =].

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
The game looks like it is progressing quickly, but for some reason the Flager sprite looks a little blurry. Is it in .JPEG? Anyways that dosen't matter. The maps are averege, aswell. Goodluck on this.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
It's actually probably because a pure Flying type would be implied to be in the air all the time. All existing Flying types have a second type, because none of them are permanently in the air.

And it is possible to have a pure Flying type, through the use of Color Change, and Arceus's Sky Plate. Neither Kecleon or Arceus learn Roost, though - however, you could use Smeargle to Skill Swap Color Change, then use Roost. It will change to ??? type - the same as the attack Curse.

Years
It's actually probably because a pure Flying type would be implied to be in the air all the time. All existing Flying types have a second type, because none of them are permanently in the air.

And it is possible to have a pure Flying type, through the use of Color Change, and Arceus's Sky Plate. Neither Kecleon or Arceus learn Roost, though - however, you could use Smeargle to Skill Swap Color Change, then use Roost. It will change to ??? type - the same as the attack Curse.

This would be a lot of effort though, to use a move which is used primarily in a competitive online environment (where Arceus is clearly not allowed). Also, i'm positive the games would not allow this, so Roost probably has limits.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
...Haha, you guys, this is an intelligent discussion but it's rather off-topic, y'know, as this is a fangame topic and all. C: As far as I know, we don't have plans to implement all the new D/P attacks into the game just yet, but if we did we would probably just eliminate the "roost-removes-Flying-type" thing and just have it recover. A little bit broken, maybe, but it's the price we pay for not screwing the game up.

Nytkoi: The Flager sprite is actually over the 64x64 limit; I will be resizing it so that it doesn't blur in the future.

These comments and criticisms help! :3 We love to hear your input on what you'd like to see in this game.

Years
Oop, sorry for off topicness >.< I must say that I really like the recoloured Pokedex and Bag screens - it has inspired me to start customising my game - so good job (Y)

Also love the desing of the grass starters, and I like that you've gone for 2 stages rather then the normal 3 stage evolution of most fan games.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
The game looks like it is progressing quickly, but for some reason the Flager sprite looks a little blurry. Is it in .JPEG? Anyways that dosen't matter. The maps are averege, aswell. Goodluck on this.
Thx for pointing this out, but as ZP said, the sprite will be resized =p. Also, Ive only showed a few maps, I have alot better ones in my arsenal ^^.

I presume you don't plan on including the D/P move Roost then? Since then the pokemon would have no type. This is the reason there is no pure Flying type in D/P and possibly R/S/E.

Ive made a pure flying poekmon, because I don't see the point of making a normal/flying one, since normal is kind of typeless/neutral type. And about the roost thing, as ZP posted, if i ever make it, it will be just a recover move.

...Haha, you guys, this is an intelligent discussion but it's rather off-topic, y'know, as this is a fangame topic and all. C: As far as I know, we don't have plans to implement all the new D/P attacks into the game just yet, but if we did we would probably just eliminate the "roost-removes-Flying-type" thing and just have it recover. A little bit broken, maybe, but it's the price we pay for not screwing the game up.

Nytkoi: The Flager sprite is actually over the 64x64 limit; I will be resizing it so that it doesn't blur in the future.

These comments and criticisms help! :3 We love to hear your input on what you'd like to see in this game.

Haha, you're always helping me thanks ^^.

Oop, sorry for off topicness >.< I must say that I really like the recoloured Pokedex and Bag screens - it has inspired me to start customising my game - so good job (Y)

Also love the desing of the grass starters, and I like that you've gone for 2 stages rather then the normal 3 stage evolution of most fan games.

Its good to see you liked them and I'm also glad you liked the 2 stages starters idea. Since you will have alot of option of pokemon to catch at the start, i think there is no problem having it.

Well as you all guys see, I'm back! And also im pretty happy to see that there were alot of posts and also a really intelligent discussion here. I'm so happy that i decided to show you guys the full map of the Burole Town (I'm also posting this to see if you prefer this kind of mapping since some people said the other maps were just average):

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back